Confirmed with Link: Enroth on Waivers(Update: He cleared, sent to Marlies)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Hopefully LA or someone picks him up and clears a roster spot. I think this then means Holland gets traded as I heard teams want to trade player for player but Toronto wants a roster spot. Hopefully this gives them the roster spot they wanted.

Don't sign Ramo - go with the Marlies goalies and see if anyone is up to a backup spot for next year, a sort of play the kids thing.

Neither marlies goalie is ready for backup duty in the nhl.
I could be wrong and I do want and hope bibeau amounts to something but right now I don't see them as ready yet.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
people worrying about his 4 game sample shouldn't as other have said they have seen him for at least 3 months now and if he stayed on the team do really think babcock would play him again? the same babcock that refuses to play corrado at all costs because he very clearly doesn't like him

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
people worrying about his 4 game sample shouldn't as other have said they have seen him for at least 3 months now and if he stayed on the team do really think babcock would play him again? the same babcock that refuses to play corrado at all costs because he very clearly doesn't like him

People get far to attached to players here sometimes. This roster is probably going to change over a few times before we are finished.
It's like how everyone we draft from a certain year are all in the mock lineups going forward.
There will be the core but everything else is up in the air.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I think, with Babcock it's all about attitude. Players that are not played have probably done something to irk him. Babcock sees the guys much more than anyone here. I trust his decision making, I'm sure he wants to put on a winning team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think, with Babcock it's all about attitude. Players that are not played have probably done something to irk him. Babcock sees the guys much more than anyone here. I trust his decision making, I'm sure he wants to put on a winning team.

exactly if Enroth was "a good pro" "with a good drive train" "good character guy" "has NHL summer" he would still be on the team

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
People get far to attached to players here sometimes. This roster is probably going to change over a few times before we are finished.
It's like how everyone we draft from a certain year are all in the mock lineups going forward.
There will be the core but everything else is up in the air.

way to attached.

my thing would be basically anyone with a contract that expires in the next two years - don't work yourself up over. (ie: the Hunwick, the Polak, the Komarov, etc). I will find it very hard to believe that they'll continue to be here.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
glad he stays in house. not sure he's not still our best backup option.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Andersen has started 20/24 games and people are defending a terrible backup? just stop. Find something else to do with your time it's nauseating

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Particularly strange to see some strong opinions on a a player I was barley a Leaf and played so few games.

Would be one thing if they were waving even a younger guy will still had potential, but his is an over the hill vet we're talking about

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Particularly strange to see some strong opinions on a a player I was barley a Leaf and played so few games.

Would be one thing if they were waving even a younger guy will still had potential, but his is an over the hill vet we're talking about

We're Leaf fans. We are passionate about our team and can and will obsess about anything Leaf related

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
He's passed through waivers and was not claimed, so he was sent to the Marlies and it may be in his best interest, if he does a good job there some team may want to trade for him and he will get another shot in the NHL if not, he is only on a one-year contract and will be gone with the other buried players, Laich, Greening, Michalek and others, at either the trade deadline, or released at the end of the season.

Players are being stacked up like firewood on the Marlies and will be disposed of, at or near season end.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
He was the best option on the market at the time.
Exactly. Obviously they couldn't go with Ramo at the time and it was better to keep Sparks and Bibeau with the Marlies to start the year. It was a reasonable gamble on Enroth considering the options they had. That it didn't work out doesn't mean they didn't make the best choice they could.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

You can't say that he clearly doesn't like him as you have no idea why Babcock doesn't play him. He might not like him, but you don't know either way.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
So Enroth goes to the Marlies and back up Ramo during his PTO. After that does Enroth become the Marlies' starter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad