Confirmed with Link: Enroth on Waivers(Update: He cleared, sent to Marlies)

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
.915 is about the minimum you would want in the NHL. Anything less probably shouldn't be in the NHL or the team is just horrible.

Agreed but that .915 would be based on a large sample of games. Anderssen was 4.40 with an .850 sv% his first 5 games. The Enroth move seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction to me unless he is a poor team mate in addition to being a 4 game sieve. Maybe he was expected to do extra practice work after his weak start and he never showed any interest. Or I guess if they liked Ramo a LOT more then signing him as basically an obvious replacement means waivers gives Enroth an opportunity to catch on with another NHL club immediately.

A goalie with .907 and .909 in the AHL shouldn't be promoted unless the team in front of him was completely awful and that isn't the case. It seems like they are really banking on Ramo being ready right away, otherwise what happens if Bibeau plays like Bibeau? If Bibeau gets shelled his first start and Enroth is lights out for the Marlies would they bring him back or would they actually have to make a deal for a backup? If Bibeau doesn't play and Ramo is ready after a few starts then we will never know, but if Ramo is not the guy they hoped for it could get interesting.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Honestly, Bibeau sucks alright. I wouldnt be against trading him for a 5th or 6th.

Letting Sparks and Enroth play most games for the Marlies with Glass playing once in a while. Sparks is better than Bibeau and that is for sure.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Honestly, Bibeau sucks alright. I wouldnt be against trading him for a 5th or 6th.

Letting Sparks and Enroth play most games for the Marlies with Glass playing once in a while. Sparks is better than Bibeau and that is for sure.

even if sparks is better, I don't think he is, both are AHL goalies there is nothing there but low end backups at the NHL level so who gives a **** about either

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
even if sparks is better, I don't think he is, both are AHL goalies there is nothing there but low end backups at the NHL level so who gives a **** about either

Harsh but true
At the moment its who sucks the least
Not exactly confidence inspiring

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Enroth is put on waivers and not a single team claims him. none of the teams with goalie concerns gave him a shot. damn, should of gave him a bigger sample size

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Enroth is put on waivers and not a single team claims him. none of the teams with goalie concerns gave him a shot. damn, should of gave him a bigger sample size

I'd be shocked if Ramo (if he ends up with the Leafs) will have a save % over .900 at the end of the season. Both Enroth and Ramo are backup quality goalies who won't look good playing behind a young, rebuilding, team. Maybe Ramo is a bit better, maybe he will end up with a .895-.900 save percentage. Anything better and I will be very surprised.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Agreed but that .915 would be based on a large sample of games. Anderssen was 4.40 with an .850 sv% his first 5 games. The Enroth move seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction to me unless he is a poor team mate in addition to being a 4 game sieve. Maybe he was expected to do extra practice work after his weak start and he never showed any interest. Or I guess if they liked Ramo a LOT more then signing him as basically an obvious replacement means waivers gives Enroth an opportunity to catch on with another NHL club immediately.

A goalie with .907 and .909 in the AHL shouldn't be promoted unless the team in front of him was completely awful and that isn't the case. It seems like they are really banking on Ramo being ready right away, otherwise what happens if Bibeau plays like Bibeau? If Bibeau gets shelled his first start and Enroth is lights out for the Marlies would they bring him back or would they actually have to make a deal for a backup? If Bibeau doesn't play and Ramo is ready after a few starts then we will never know, but if Ramo is not the guy they hoped for it could get interesting.

I really agree with everything you say pretty much. I imagine that if he goes down and works out well improving with the extra play, then he could make it back up if either Bibeau or Ramo don't get the job done. I think they were at a point where they just didn't really care if he got claimed or not and had to do something.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
McLennan on Leafs’ goalie depth: “It’s the worst in the NHLâ€

Tuesday on OverDrive Bryan Hayes and co-hosts Jeff O’Neill & Jamie McLennan discussed the latest goaltending controversy surrounding the Maple Leafs.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/mclennan-on-leafs-goalie-depth-it-s-the-worst-in-the-nhl~1010647

Hands down the worst in the league. They've shown glimpses but nothing that warrants talk of regular NHL duty as more than a backup....currently, things can change but doesn't look very promising.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Sparks and bibeau are both really crappy goalies. Whose our backup till ramo comes up?

bibeau. not like he will see many games over the next 3 weeks given our light schedule up until new years. we play the following:
wed dec7th (wild)
sat dec 10th (bruins)
sun dec 11th (avs)
tuesday dec 13th(@sharks)
thurs dec 15th (@coyotes) sat dec 17th (@pens)
monday dec 19th (@ducks)
thurs dec 22( vs avs)
fri dec 23 (vs coyotes)
dec 28th (panthers)
dec 29th (bolts)

i see him playing 2-3 games.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
4 games for bibeau
4 games for Ramo
4 games for Sparks
4 games for kaiskisalo

60 games for Andersen

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
McLennan on Leafs’ goalie depth: “It’s the worst in the NHL”

Tuesday on OverDrive Bryan Hayes and co-hosts Jeff O’Neill & Jamie McLennan discussed the latest goaltending controversy surrounding the Maple Leafs.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/mclennan-on-leafs-goalie-depth-it-s-the-worst-in-the-nhl~1010647

Good point there by Noodles. Probably just a distraction, since all of the goalies beyond Andersen are hot garbage. Swap out trash for trash, and you're left with trash.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
McLennan on Leafs’ goalie depth: “It’s the worst in the NHL”

I suppose it's a good thing, then, that only 2 or 3 goaltenders play a game over the course of a season.

Andersen is looking like a legitimate #1. That puts us in a much better position than several teams in this league.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I suppose it's a good thing, then, that only 2 or 3 goaltenders play a game over the course of a season.

Andersen is looking like a legitimate #1. That puts us in a much better position than several teams in this league.

i don't think so.

What if Andersen gets hurt? We're hooped.
Moving forward you always want to have the sense of being pushed. - we don't have that.

having goalie depth will always benefit those who have because they can get whatever they want (especially if a team is desperate). they can trade one away (in a pkg) and continue to have few issues.

i really hope Lou + hunter start addressing this come june.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes

Really hope the leafs target a good goalie prospect early in next years draft. Still unclear how Woll will develop, but with elite prospects going into a new deals, the cap will be a concern. Gotta have that young stud goalie ready to step in 5 years from now if needed.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
i don't think so.

What if Andersen gets hurt? We're hooped.
Moving forward you always want to have the sense of being pushed. - we don't have that.

having goalie depth will always benefit those who have because they can get whatever they want (especially if a team is desperate). they can trade one away (in a pkg) and continue to have few issues.

i really hope Lou + hunter start addressing this come june.

What happened to Montreal when Price got hurt? Teams that lose their number one goalies tend to do poorly. What you seem to be suggesting is that we need a 1A/1B system, like Pittsburgh or Tampa has, but those are the exceptions, not the rule. Sure, it'd be nice to have depth, but goaltending depth is a bit of an oxymoron. There are only 2 roster spots for goalies and on most teams, one of them plays 2/3 of the games.

If you're confident in what Andersen can provide over the long-term, a position the Leafs should hold given the long-term deal they gave him, then goaltending is not a concern. He'll play 60 games a year and our strikeout on Enroth notwithstanding, we'll pick up one of the dozen backups regularly available in free agency.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Hands down the worst in the league. They've shown glimpses but nothing that warrants talk of regular NHL duty as more than a backup....currently, things can change but doesn't look very promising.

pretty sure id take our G sitch over Phillys and thats just off the top of my head.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What happened to Montreal when Price got hurt? Teams that lose their number one goalies tend to do poorly. What you seem to be suggesting is that we need a 1A/1B system, like Pittsburgh or Tampa has, but those are the exceptions, not the rule. Sure, it'd be nice to have depth, but goaltending depth is a bit of an oxymoron. There are only 2 roster spots for goalies and on most teams, one of them plays 2/3 of the games.

If you're confident in what Andersen can provide over the long-term, a position the Leafs should hold given the long-term deal they gave him, then goaltending is not a concern. He'll play 60 games a year and our strikeout on Enroth notwithstanding, we'll pick up one of the dozen backups regularly available in free agency.

It doesn't seem like pittsburgh is running with a 1/A. Murarry is their guy, - they need to move Fleury. And they have this kid who is basically LIKE Murarry - killing it in the Minors right now.

Tampa is the same. They move Bishop they have Vasa, and they have a lot of other goalies in the wings, so basically they can move, one, lose one, if one is injured they have one capable of playing a long period of time without suffering.

There are teams who can lose their goalies and not miss a step. Montreal had a whole mess of problems, and I don't even think if Price was healthy they would have done that well (they wouldn't have been that horrendous).

Anaheim (it always seems like) has a goalie tree. You pick one off, and poof, you have some ready to go. Pittsburgh has that too now.

I understand there are only 6 positions but it doesn't mean that it should be 1 really good one and then hope for a wing and a prayer for the other 5. The fact that the Leafs are almost always in the position of having to GET a goalie, rather than just utalising their goalies from within concerns me.

This doesn't mean i want Andy to play less - I think he can play 60-65 and whatever, I just want the Leafs to have strength in all positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad