GDT: Enough family stuff, it's hockey time | Wings @ Preds | 8 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
**That's fine and dandy and I never denied that. I'm simply giving you some context as to why Kronwall plays just 2 more minutes per game than DDK. Not because Kronwall's better defensively, not because Kronwall's better against opponent's #1 lines, not because Kronwall produces for offense 5v5......but simple because he's a better power play QB.

**There is an argument to be made that Smith has been better than Kronwall this year as well. That's seriously how poor Kronwall has played. I don't think you quite realize how bad he has played and how much he has hurt the team 5v5.

**I'm sure playing with Green is part of it. But the fact that (compared to DDK) at 5v5 Kronwall is producing less offense despite playing with a better offensive linemate and getting more offensive zone starts isn't a good thing. It means Kronwall is in a better position to produce offense yet is producing less than the non-offensive d-man having a disappointing offensive year (per you).

**You are incorrect on a few of these these statements as at 5v5 Kronwall (compared to DDK) has a worse GF/60 and a worse GA/60. With more offensive zone starts it would be expected that Kronwall has a better corsi, SF/60, and SA/60. and Kronwall is barely ahead in SF/60 and SA/60. Nearly a negligible difference between the two players in that regard (about 1 shot difference per 60 minutes).

I never said that Kronwall had a better GA/60 in the last post. I did mention GF/60 and I wasn't incorrect with my statement (as far as I believe).

According to behindthenet.ca Dekeyser has GF/60(at 5 v 5) 2.21. Kronwall has a GF/60 (at 5 v 5) of 2.33.

I'm a huge Smith supporter but I disagree on that front. Agree to disagree is fine with me. Kronwall hasn't been great this year but I don't think he's been terrible either. OK is how I would put it. The fact that our PP has been bad could help explain his bad offensive year. He's on pace for 32 points I believe.

If Blash bumped Kronwall down a pair I wouldn't complain, I'd welcome it. I just don't think anyone else on this team can take over his role as a top pairing guy and play better than he has.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
According to behindthenet.ca Dekeyser has GF/60(at 5 v 5) 2.21. Kronwall has a GF/60 (at 5 v 5) of 2.33.

That's weird. stats.hockeyanalysis.com has different numbers. It has DDK with 2.18 and Kronwall with 1.90.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Wow taking lessons from Howard?

Howard's was from an even better opportunity near the hash marks.

Both are saves you'd love for your goalie to make but are high quality scoring chances. The bigger problem is letting guys take a shot from that close unimpeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad