GWT: English Premier League - Round 37 - 5/7 & 5/8

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I believe if Spurs win their last game vs. Newcastle (which is a gimme), they'll finish 2nd.

Yes, on goal differential. Arsenal need to win out and need spurs to draw or lose next week.

The Newcastle game will be interesting as they will be playing for their PL lives and Tottenham doesn't seem to give a **** anymore. Still expect spurs to win though.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes, on goal differential. Arsenal need to win out and need spurs to draw or lose next week.

The Newcastle game will be interesting as they will be playing for their PL lives and Tottenham doesn't seem to give a **** anymore. Still expect spurs to win though.

If Arse win + draw in their final two games and Spurs lose/draw their last game, we celebrate St. Totteringham's day once again.

But alas, it's Newcastle lads.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If Arse win + draw in their final two games and Spurs lose/draw their last game, we celebrate St. Totteringham's day once again.

But alas, it's Newcastle lads.

Arsenal have to finish above Spurs in points to place above them in the table. Arsenal winning today and both clubs drawing next week leaves both with 71 points, and Spurs in 2nd place. Arsenal winning today is a huge "if" as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where are these 8 to 12 points Terry promised us when we bought Cech? Good goal by KdB, but completely stoppable for a goalkeeper of Petr's quality. Just another really questionable Wenger decision to go out and buy a 33 year old when we could have invested that money into a GK of Lloris quality. Now why would Lloris want to downgrade from Tottenham to Arsenal besides wages' we probably wouldn't give him. Arsene just doesn't understand what modern football requires of it anymore, he's still living like this is 2003.

I'll be honest, I am still hoping for a loss, but seems like a draw is coming. I can't let Giroud's play go unnoticed, he's been quite remarkable in the last 3 or 4 goals or so. He's got to be one of the best playmaking strikers, but for a striker you need goals so Arsenal HAVE to upgrade on him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
****ing Walcott is so trash.

**** that overrated piece of ****. ****ing ******.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
ughhhhh....I'm removing him, he's just so popular and mainstream now.....*drinking my Pabst Blue Ribbon

How is Bocelli hipster music?
erm.gif

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
2-0 win for Liverpool, with basically a backup squad except for Moreno, Coutinho, and Mignolet. Firmino came on as a subbed and scored.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Where are these 8 to 12 points Terry promised us when we bought Cech? Good goal by KdB, but completely stoppable for a goalkeeper of Petr's quality. Just another really questionable Wenger decision to go out and buy a 33 year old when we could have invested that money into a GK of Lloris quality. Now why would Lloris want to downgrade from Tottenham to Arsenal besides wages' we probably wouldn't give him. Arsene just doesn't understand what modern football requires of it anymore, he's still living like this is 2003.

I'll be honest, I am still hoping for a loss, but seems like a draw is coming. I can't let Giroud's play go unnoticed, he's been quite remarkable in the last 3 or 4 goals or so. He's got to be one of the best playmaking strikers, but for a striker you need goals so Arsenal HAVE to upgrade on him.

The problem isn't Cech, the problem is he was the only significant transfer they made in the summer. They barely upgraded their squad from last season, so a better finish shouldn't have even been expected when most other clubs around them did upgrade.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Too bad Forster had such a significant knee injury last season. Think they would be in top 4 if he had came back about a month earlier. Neither City or United deserve that last spot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The problem isn't Cech, the problem is he was the only significant transfer they made in the summer. They barely upgraded their squad from last season, so a better finish shouldn't have even been expected when most other clubs around them did upgrade.

Not trying to blame all the problems on Cech, just trying to persuade people that Wenger's whole tactics when it comes to building teams is atrocious. It makes absolutely zero sense why we needed Cech in the first place when Arsene should have bought a #1 goalkeeper for 20 million years before. Szczesny definitely had his good moments, but the dude was always way too inconsistent. How Wenger never saw this shows how crazy inaccurate he has been. How far in the pass he's living in.

Even with Cech, we're going to have to wait and look for another goaler when he retires. So on top of that 10ish we spent on him, we will probably have to spend another 15 million on top of that for another goalkeeper (since Szcz has been very outspoken the last couple of months, I would be surprised if he's not sold this summer by his own request). Then take into account the lack of money we spent not only last summer, but buying just one moveable BXB transformed CDM player in winter. The manager is an incompetent moron now.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
I believe if Spurs win their last game vs. Newcastle (which is a gimme), they'll finish 2nd.

It wasn't a gimme in the fall now was it?

I will agree it is a gimme IF Sunderland win midweek.

The atmosphere will be worse than toxic if Newcastle are already relegated.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Question for United fans.. Does Van Gaal remain the coach if they qualify for the champion league?

I don't think so. Top 4 was the goal for last season, not this one. I think the board expected much better. Combined with the failures in Champions League and overall dire play throughout the whole season, LvG has to be gone.

There's also too much smoke around Mourinho for it to be not true. BBC said we already made contact and DiMarzio put up a video saying he will be the next manager. That about confirms it for me.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Pep has his work cut out for him in rebuilding this old, slow and overpaid squad.

What was the point of the Bony signing anyway? He's just a glorified Yakubu.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Arsenal have to finish above Spurs in points to place above them in the table. Arsenal winning today and both clubs drawing next week leaves both with 71 points, and Spurs in 2nd place. Arsenal winning today is a huge "if" as well.

:laugh: When Arsenal start Ramsey, Elneny, and Iwobi?...and you say big if?

utterly shocking they played to a draw!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Question for United fans.. Does Van Gaal remain the coach if they qualify for the champion league?

There's rumours United want Mourinho to wait one year but who really knows anymore what's going to happen? It would be interesting to see what LVG can do with a healthy squad.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Leicester can hardly be considered a hipster team at this point. Maybe 4 months ago... but they've gone way too mainstream. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad