Ending the Goalie Graveyard: Luongo Support Campaign

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
If he stinks then he should get booed incessantly until he's out. If the GM can't do the job, the fans have to do their part.

Canuckz

Jul 8, 2012
I think Lu should come back and wear the Bromley mask as a troll move :sarcasm:

gary-bromley(2).jpg

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Pretty crazy what's happened. I've always been a Luo supporter because I know how hard the position is, I'd be very happy if he's coming back but I understand why he might not want to.

Of course, if you've been a staunch Cory supporter, of course you are going to hate what has transpired but trading him was best for the team. Say what you want about the trade, that we didn't get enough because I agree there. It improved our team though because we were only getting scraps for Luo. Our prospect pool is also ridiculously better than it was 24 hours ago.

Can't wait til September.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
This team loves its drama around this whole goalie thing the last few years, the playoffs, now we hired Torts and traded Schneider and kept Luongo hahah **** this team has more drama around than a high school, keeps it interesting, I'm shocked TSN and CBC hate us... We give them a lot entertainment

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
This team loves its drama around this whole goalie thing the last few years, the playoffs, now we hired Torts and traded Schneider and kept Luongo hahah **** this team has more drama around than a high school, keeps it interesting, I'm shocked TSN and CBC hate us... We give them a lot entertainment

Which is funny because drama is the antithesis of how MG has preached running his club.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
I don't believe it is ever appropriate to boo a player. If a player is having an off game usually no one knows it better than the player.

For example if you're watching a skating event and a skater misses a move or falls fans express sympathy. When the skater performs a difficult move fans applaud.

Then again, maybe Vancouver hockey fans are indeed classless. :cheers:

I hope Lui gets a well-deserved applaud when he skates out to play in 1st home game.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Okay, Lu is our only guy now, running him out of town does none of us any good. He could get us to the finals once, he can do it twice, esp with the way fellow Italian Torts is going to get everyone blocking everything his way. In #1 we trust.

Go Strombone1!!!

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Okay, Lu is our only guy now, running him out of town does none of us any good. He could get us to the finals once, he can do it twice, esp with the way fellow Italian Torts is going to get everyone blocking everything his way. In #1 we trust.

Go Strombone1!!!

Hahah his contract prevents us of running him out of town

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Lou still has that out clause in couple of years where he can request a trade and submit a list of teams he'd agree to play for.

He may be reluctant to go down that road seeing how impossible trading his contract was this time around.

But two years from now the landscape could be a lot different. Cap could be a lot higher and Luongo may put up two great seasons here and be easier to move.

Either way, I hope Both Lack and Eriksson get a handful of starts in the NHL this upcoming season. We may be relying on one/ or both of them in a couple of years.

And no more sitting Cannata for a month at a time. :rant:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Are those out clause still allowed in the new cba? Even then doesn't mean we move him, we tried moving him for over a year with no luck

arsmaster*

At this point there isn't a whole hell of a lot Gillis is doing that is consistent with his earlier pontifications.

Was that not a 'bold move'....adding an 18 year old C, is that not a "reset".

Akxx

Sep 7, 2009
Hasek, Khabibulin, Giguere are first time 30+ if you include goalies who had previously won a cup, Roy, Osgood, are examples that come to mind.

In before someone says it was before the current CBA when they won a cup (you know....like all those people saying it was 2004 when Torts won his cup with Tampa)

;)

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Luongo, the only goalie to be resurrected in the so-called Goalie Graveyard of the NHL but the question remains: Is he Jesus or a Zombie?

(Zombie Lu would be pretty awesome).

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Strombone for the win. I can't wait to see him behind a better coached team, with a coach that won't leave him in and sully his name.

In 3 years when all the top goalies are signing $10 million deals and Luongo is still solid, there will be plenty of crow for the stupid pundits that smeared his contract and worth for a whole year. Come back Luongo and show everyone why you are worth every penny :)

Rocky-

Aug 2, 2005
This isn't Luongo's fault- he does his best and I won't blame him if he comes back or doesn't show- but it is Gillis' and the owners. We still have a mess.

YouCantYandleThis*

If he stinks then he should get booed incessantly until he's out. If the GM can't do the job, the fans have to do their part.

[mod]

Booing your own players is pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
So Gillis had a good chat with Luu on the phone and is going to see him in Florida in a couple of weeks. It looks like everyone threw a fit for nothing. I am glad I didn't make a big deal out of this and I guess we did get the best deal from NJ that we know of now. The Edmonton deal was not true I KNEW GILLIS MADE A GOOD MOVE!!!! well the best he could but it would have been nice to push for a 2nd or 3rd round if possible.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad