Ending the Goalie Graveyard: Luongo Support Campaign

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
First of all to the moderators if you feel that this should be within the Luongo thread feel free to move it, but I was hoping to try and get this a little more attention if possible. Alright, so this is more of a call for ideas rather than an idea that I'm bringing to the table, but I feel that as Canucks fans we should make an over the top effort to show Luongo that he still has our support. Wherever you stood on the issue, Luongo is our goalie now and there has been a lot of burnt brides between him and this fan base, and we should make an effort to reverse it. I would like to think that we end up serving as a form of motivation for Luongo to come back better than ever next year, rather than the fan base complaining about managements decision. Lets get the ball rolling lets find a way to show him that he hasn't lost the people of this city.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
THE POWER OF LOUUUU COMPELS YOU!

Roberto...the first man to come back from the dead in the goalie graveyard!

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I totally agree I have faith in Luongo and I still think he is a great goalie and you know he deserves respect from the city. I think he is a guy with a great heart and some people hurt him. (Bandwagoners)

I got my Luongo #1 above my avatar but I am gonna go in full support!!!! no hard feelings Kes.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
MG doing his best to reinstate it to its former glory. Lol

Here's hoping Lu's at peace with these turn of events and if he so chooses to stick it out with the nucks may his path be cleared of hurdles. Amen.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
He's the best goaltender in team history, and I hope the fans are supportive of him next season. I think that it will take a strong playoff run to really bring the fan-base around though.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
The Lu "hate" was always overblown. He's received criticism, some fair some not, like every player on our team. I think his loyal following is a little too sensitive to the criticism. Lu has been too.

The Luuuuuu chant has been going on since the guy got here. I watched him win an Olympic gold here and get Luuuuuuuuu'd all the way to it. He's also my guess as the most popular jersey seen around town. Any notion that this guy hasn't had it great here is crazy.

Lu is a great goalie. A lot of the criticism's against him were around the 2010 season when his game did fall off. Sure, he won a gold medal, but he didn't have a very good year or playoff. His game needed work. To his credit he's put the work in and got back to being great.

It wasn't hate... it was true.

I cheer for the Canucks, I'm behind Lu.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Fully Supported Bobby Lu from day 1, and he's handled this entire situation like a gentleman, and now he's been rewarded.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Fully Supported Bobby Lu from day 1, and he's handled this entire situation like a gentleman, and now he's been rewarded.

Has he? :laugh:

I know Schneider was initially disappointed, but he'll probably be happy in September when he has Brodeur mentoring him away from any sort of press in Newark, while there's a Luongo-Tortorella battle royale against the media occurring here.

Personnaly glad I didn't jump the gun and switch to vancityschneider.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
tweet him, take a supportive ad out in the newspaper as a rallying call to other fans and get them to show them support by................... writing him a letter.

it's an old school thing but hey idk, if you feel this is something that needs to happen, there's some ideas.

you can even go so far as to have an electoral style sign supporting Luongo on your front lawn or window.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
To those worried about a grumpy Luongo...
We just need to put him in at every Tortorella presser.

Plus...
He will even play for free.
Maybe that is why Gillis kept Luongo...
In order to keep his owner happy.
:sarcasm:

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
If he plays well, he will get Loo-ed. If he plays like a sieve, he will get booed.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
To be honest with you...
This may be a good thing in the long run.

Throughout the last year...
Even though he had been told he will be traded...
Publicly...
He did not complain...
Came to camp prepared...
Was always ready to play when called upon...
And did his part to be the perfect teammate.

Now that he is here to stay...
Probably for the rest of his career...
I think fans will emphasis with what he endured...
And rally to his corner.
He will probably get a very long leash from here on.

The only thing that will make fans turn on him again...
Will be that he give up...
And play very poorly.
I doubt that will happen though...
Because he is a competitor...
And he will understand that circumstances made it the way it is.
Plus...
He will probably be very motivated...
And I am hopeful that next year's Luongo is the best yet.

I only hope he continues to tweet as Strombone1...
Which only came out after he is told that he will be traded.
This is the Luongo that fans endear...
And he does not revert back to the serious...
By-the-book...
Captain Luongo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad