Post-Game Talk: End of the Cinderella Story, Habs lose to Sabres 6-5

POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lxc03

Apr 30, 2018
Here comes the keyboard warriors, lol. Aren't you guys entertained. Bad night to be a so called habs fan. Vent away. Don't forget to have your milk and cookies before going to bed

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
CAREY

CAREY

CAREY

maxresdefault.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will blow a gasket if someone talks to me about Lehkonen's corsi numbers...

Hiw the hell do you miss the net that badly when you're that close???

That and the D seriously needs to stop pinching as much.

That was the D success. Not pinching but forcing turnovers. And it mostly worked all the time. Lately....it doesn't.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So many people talking about missed chances. The team scored 5 goals. That should be more than enough to win on any given night.

Exactly. But it seems that we have to score 7-8 goals a game. Poor Carey. Just not born in the right era. Would have been perfect with Gretzky's Oilers. Would have really been a better goalie than Fuhr, that's for sure.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Need to give Price the next game or two off. No matter the reason, he needs some down time or he could really implode.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Niemi is ****ty too it just doesn't feel as bad because he's not making 10.5 million dollars. Start whoever, won't matter. Neither guy looks capable of bailing out the awful D regularly. The goaltending is only an issue in that we have so much invested in it, if we had 2 cheap goalies we'd be able to focus on how embarrassing the D is but the Price problem is so devastating and so long term that it's hard to think about anything else.

Niemi sucks

Price is even worse right now TBH!

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
So we have 3 horrible contracts and a bad one in shaw. Weber, Alzner and Price...just wow. Almost 27 million on these 4 players. And our best player 2 years running Cap Space with +- 0 after 1 month.

Weber's contract is perfectly fine. Price, Alzner and Shaw (in that order) have the worst contracts. I can live with Shaw's, although I would try to trade him. The two others are just pure junk.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Can't wait to finally see Weber start practicing more.....From "we don't want to rush him" to "he's ready soon" in no time....

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No where just enjoying the usual over the top drama on the boards tonight- he is not playing well right now but he will turn it around.

Hard not to be concerned at this stage...

He's been playing at a lower tier level for almost a full season now.

He wouldn't be the first goalie to be all world in his 20's & then fade heavily in his 30's... Problem for us is that he's in year one of a long term deal paying him to be world class

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
How is our 3V3 record. Thanksfully they don't use that format in the playoffs.

Not that we will see the playoffs this year.

Reactions: monkza

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Here comes the keyboard warriors, lol. Aren't you guys entertained. Bad night to be a so called habs fan. Vent away. Don't forget to have your milk and cookies before going to bed
I guess you think Price played well
No problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad