Post-Game Talk: End of the Cinderella Story, Habs lose to Sabres 6-5

POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
He won a Vezina, Hart, and Lindsay after the Kreider incident. Was a Vezina finalist another year after. He hasn’t been the same since last season.
Oh shoot thought that was the year before haha got me there. Still has never reached that hart level season

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
And you know that how?
Because of his history. And how do you know he won't? People need to calm down the team is 8-5-3 and are very hard working and entertaining. This board is so predictable, they win, they are the greatest team ever, they lose, begin the tank. LOL

Reactions: BLONG7

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Hard not to be concerned at this stage...

He's been playing at a lower tier level for almost a full season now.

He wouldn't be the first goalie to be all world in his 20's & then fade heavily in his 30's... Problem for us is that he's in year one of a long term deal paying him to be world class
How about we give him some time to see if he battles through this before everyone loses their mind. OH the melodrama, it's predictable

Jul 6, 2016
Because of his history. And how do you know he won't? People need to calm down the team is 8-5-3 and are very hard working and entertaining. This board is so predictable, they win, they are the greatest team ever, they lose, begin the tank. LOL

With slightly better goaltending this week, they would be 10-4-2....

19 points for Domi so far... Great !

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Alot of the gang are jumping off the building tonight...very predictable.

That D tonight was awful...

Where did Koko go? Was he benched? Hurt?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

What's predictable is an answer like you just gave. Using exaggerations to prove a point that is never there. Nobody said we are the greatest team ever even in wins. And his history might be just that...history. Price history is now becoming the next joke after the posters who kept talking about the Cups to prove how Montreal was still relevant. AT one point, we will have to stop talking about the World Juniors for Price. WE have to stop talking about the myth where Carey Price was so awesome during shootouts at the WJC...when he actually was pretty bad. Real soon...we will have to stop talking about his 4-trophy year. This will soon be...history. You have to talk about the recent past and today. And based on that, we don't know if he'll ever come back to form. He might be. He might very well be. But there's clearly NO WAY to know for sure.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
Well he did have a hardware sweep season so unless you expect him to repeat, yes, he is past his prime. Also, he sucks. He’s broken.
What the hell could of broke him if it wasnt his knee , hes not even playing like a top 10 goalie atm , even saying top 10 might be flattering

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Alot of the gang are jumping off the building tonight...very predictable.

That D tonight was awful...

Where did Koko go? Was he benched? Hurt?

You like the goaltending? You are fine with the D's? No Armia and no Byron.....how many lines do we have offensively? It's just recognizing what we have....and where we should go to improve the team.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I think we all need to remember that this team is exceeding expectations. Get old, get perspective. We know what ki d of team we have.

lxc03

Apr 30, 2018
I guess you think Price played well
No problem
Not at all, he played bad just like a lot of players in front of him.. the last goal was weak. But the rest what do you want him to do... 2 on 1, puck rang on the post and land on skinners stick, the set play on the defensive draw...

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
At this point, anything on waivers would do. Nathan Walker would have been better than Agostino. Hey, that DLR kid that went on waivers not that long ago....lol

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
What's predictable is an answer like you just gave. Using exaggerations to prove a point that is never there. Nobody said we are the greatest team ever even in wins. And his history might be just that...history. Price history is now becoming the next joke after the posters who kept talking about the Cups to prove how Montreal was still relevant. AT one point, we will have to stop talking about the World Juniors for Price. WE have to stop talking about the myth where Carey Price was so awesome during shootouts at the WJC...when he actually was pretty bad. Real soon...we will have to stop talking about his 4-trophy year. This will soon be...history. You have to talk about the recent past and today. And based on that, we don't know if he'll ever come back to form. He might be. He might very well be. But there's clearly NO WAY to know for sure.

The isn't no sure why of knowing but if anyone has earned a little time to work through it, it is Price. We are 16 games into the season and the constant hysterics are rediculous.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I look at the 1st 16 games of this season and I can't believe Price has been the worst player on this team. Worse than Drouin (who played decent tonight), worse than Alzner - for god sakes.

But there's a silver lining to all these dark clouds.

I just checked the Vegas - Ottawa game and I see the Golden Knights got 5 goals and Captain Ready didn't get a point and that's when I thank our lucky stars. Can you imagine if Patioready and Mb didn't get into a spat and MB would have offered him a 8 year 56 million dollar contract? Pffew, we dodged a bullet there.

All kidding aside, I'm worried. What I see as the biggest problem with the Pricer last year and this year so far is he loses sight of the puck. More often than not he doesn't know where it is.

Reactions: sbhatt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad