POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The outhouse from the image you posted, has recently been restored with its original markings ...

2m637b.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
The outhouse from the image you posted, has recently been restored with its original markings ...

2m66dv.jpg

Other notables:

Harry Dick, Chicago 1946-47

Cory Pecker, drafted by Calgary, 1999

Grant Clitsome, Columbus/Winnipeg, 2010-15

Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, drafted by Tampa, 2007

And obviously Alexander Semin :D

There's also this guy who played in the WHL, Robin Big Snake :laugh:

(I'm not making this up)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Other notables:

Harry Dick, Chicago 1946-47

Cory Pecker, drafted by Calgary, 1999

Grant Clitsome, Columbus/Winnipeg, 2010-15

Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, drafted by Tampa, 2007

And obviously Alexander Semin :D

There's also this guy who played in the WHL, Robin Big Snake :laugh:

(I'm not making this up)

What @Runner77 failed to realize is the Staal family actually purchased the property from the Sutters. It was actually the Sitters but they changed their name.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It has not been 2 full seasons. In 2016-17 he has a .923 SV and 2.23 GAA with 37 wins. Last year his numbers were bad, but surprise the team sucked! This year he is struggling but he has only started 9 games. Nothing wrong with sharing what we see or projecting but this board is full of people who always see the world as crashing. Sorry, lots of drama queens on these boards.

So question remains, how long does he have to perform at a below average level before it's fair to discuss his struggles or possibility that he's on the downward slope of his career?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
So question remains, how long does he have to perform at a below average level before it's fair to discuss his struggles or possibility that he's on the downward slope of his career?

There is nothing wrong with discussing his below average play. There is a huge difference between that and having a total meltdown.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Mental obstacles are so personal and obscure that as outside observers, we can never really know their extent and nature -- especially not from a few seconds's worth of sound bytes. Whatever it is, he's acknowledging that it's on him and that it's in his head -- and you can usually change what you acknowledge, so he should be able to bounce back.
Very good point, if more people thought like that we’d have a much more tuned in and empathetic world. Do you agree though that he can’t make a habit of calling himself out that way. Heard that argument on RDS and it seems to make sense. Needs to shut out the negative voices and you would think it doesn’t help to make them public.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Seriously though sir, haven't we all been bored here and there?:laugh:
It actually might make sense. This point was brought up before. Essentially maybe this whole hockey thing just doesn’t appeal to him the way it might have before. Priorities, his child, horses who knows? Also who knows how he truly feels about the contract but he can’t be unaware of it. I think a huge question some time of us have is just how much does he care, or is it really weighing on him. So much we don’t know. Remember Dryden? Seems he had more than a few good years left when he chose other pursuits.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I said the Habs' start was likely not sustainable and you wondered aloud why that should be the case, given how young they are.

Glad we can agree on it now. Some day very soon you'll also agree that the Subban-Weber trade was a catastrophic loss for the Habs, but I hope it doesn't take until the ends of their careers for you to admit it - Subban has a lot of years left!
You're thinking of someone else. I never said this start was sustainable -- I predicted the Habs to get a 10-14 draft pick. As to Weber/Subban, I hope you keep an open mind when things aren't as you expect.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It actually might make sense. This point was brought up before. Essentially maybe this whole hockey thing just doesn’t appeal to him the way it might have before. Priorities, his child, horses who knows? Also who knows how he truly feels about the contract but he can’t be unaware of it. I think a huge question some time of us have is just how much does he care, or is it really weighing on him. So much we don’t know. Remember Dryden? Seems he had more than a few good years left when he chose other pursuits.
It's funy because as I was reading your post it was Dryden who popped into my mind and you wrote the very same thing, Price will probably ride off into the sunset so to speak, he is involved with cattle roping/rodeo pursuits in the off season so he could very well chose to pursue other things like Dryden did.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad