Embrace the Hate (Avatars)

StringerBell

I can make new Embrace The Hates pretty fast.

What we should title them is "Pure Canadian Class" and show Burrows Bite, Gate Gate, Hansen Elbow, Sedin "elbow", Kesler Diving, Bieksa doing something Bieksa-ish, Kassian doing the SOB salute, Luongo "pump my tires" media pic, Lapierre finger, Booth Hunting, Ballard-McGinn hip check, Edler monster hit, etc

Schneider with his Edmonton comments, Bieksa the spot picker, Weise and Thornton incident...

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
hansen-hossa synced with the People's Elbow

peoplesslideminiopt.gif

Off topic but, that is still the most beautiful People's Elbow ever.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't see it that way at all, it's mocking the irrational dislike a large number of HFBoards posters have for the Nucks.
Totally disagree. If anything, it's a humorous play on something that regularly inflames.
My point is, I don't think it is irrational or unwarranted. The team plays/responds to certain things in a way that rub people the wrong way/is sometimes embarassing, and I definitely relate to fans who are generally annoyed by Canuck fans. The sentiment obviously isn't representative of everyone, but it's perfectly understandable to react that way to us as a group, IMO. I dislike the victim mentality we have in response to it far worse than I dislike the treatment we get from other fans. (the ONLY time I had a major issue with it was against the Bruins, but only because we're like perfect classy saints compared to both their fans/team, and that's not a compliment)

Regardless, I get annoyed by the "haters gonna hate" attitude in general. Think it makes us look worse, personally.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That depends, have you ever listened to the Evil Empire CD??

JK, well sort of, Try Right clicking the avatar and click save pic as, only way I Know how unless someone tells me a simple way to post a pick from my hard drive.

having a copy and not listening to it, would be a waste don't ya think? :P

Thanks though, love the Avatar :D

New take on the theme, friends: Class and Distinction.

ppbNsak.gif

Oh my, this one is also cool.. Id like to see one with AV :D

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
the class and distinction ones are gold

something with Kassian would be epic imo, maybe with this pic

x160.jpg

or his classic grin

i dunno, you guys seem more creative than i am :) Zombo just continues to churn out great ones!

Crows*

Il repeat what I said in Hansen thread. We need " honey badger don't care" gifs.

" hansen kills kittens" or " Hansen goes hunting at the dog park"
" Hansen puts staples in apples on Halloween"

Then " honey badger don't care"

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Everyone should just use this one
<-------
Or the other animated preset called "hockeyboy" with the swede guy. It would be amazing to have an entire segment of HF using that. People would be pissed.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Yeah. I like that one, too. Can you imagine how pissed the main boards would be if HFCanucks just made walls of those in threads?

It's a brilliant idea. Instead of having to having to create a whole set of avatars, we'll just use the one. :laugh:

I like it. And if any outside fans see the little subliminal message, they'll rage even harder.

Patchey*

It's a brilliant idea. Instead of having to having to create a whole set of avatars, we'll just use the one. :laugh:

I like it. And if any outside fans see the little subliminal message, they'll rage even harder.

I think it would be better if he was very crudely shopped into a Nucks jersey :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad