Embrace the Hate (Avatars)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think that was already done with the "Deal with It" theme a couple of years back.

If we're doing an avatar theme, I'll make the same vote as I did for the last few years - "Empire Strikes Back".

I actually remember now that you say.

Id go for an Empire Strikes back avatar :D

But im still digging the evil vibe.. It's just fitting with all the hate we get...

M A K A V E L I*

The dictator route would be good.

Canucks players as Stalin, Mussolini, Jong-Il, Hitler, Castro, Pol Pot, etc.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Someone in the last avatar thread suggested "Quest for the Asterisk*" for this year's playoffs.
That's my personal favorite so far. :laugh:

(the asterisk being a shortened season)

dsedin

May 29, 2011
New Kids On The Cup?
Boyz II the Cup?
V-Town?

I really like this one lol

N'Sync Divers

unfortunately I can't think of any other good ones to add, some crappy ones:
Bell Biv DeVaminoes
Boys II Girls (sedins)
Color me Badd (no change necessary ..)

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'm willing to do the PSing on Empire Strikes back ones but I haff to start soon on it to be done by playoffs. Never seen the movies so can someone do a list of characters that I can make each player into?

miked1101

May 19, 2011
The great thing about Empire Strikes back is it has the scene with all the bounty hunters on one of the star destroyers talking to Darth Vader. You could use them.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm willing to do the PSing on Empire Strikes back ones but I haff to start soon on it to be done by playoffs. Never seen the movies so can someone do a list of characters that I can make each player into?

AuVbL.gif

I mean...seriously!!!!

EDIT: List of some baddies to pick from, off the top of my head...

Darth Vader (duh)
The Emperor
Captain Piett
Admiral Ozzle
Boba Fett
IG-88
Dengar
Bossk
Stormtroopers
Lando Calrissian (at a certain point :P )

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm sorry! :cry:

Since you summarilly ignored my advice to beat your boyfriend with a newspaper for being a Hawks fan, I must now insist that you drop what you are doing and go see the movies. Rent them from a store. Borrow them from a library. Watch them on Netflix. Steal them from your Grandmother. I don't care. JUST DO IT.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Good enough?

osUTEPk.jpg

In line with the "Dynasty" idea, I like "Canada's Team." After all, what screams "Canadian" more than us? ;)

If you took the rink stick logo that has the green C as part of it and make the same thickness of green line across under the stick, you will have your e logo for evil empire.

Co Ho*

I wish we still had Raffi Torres for the sole purpose of being Boba Fett (he has a jet pack, Raffi kind of jumped into the hit on Hossa).

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
If you took the rink stick logo that has the green C as part of it and make the same thickness of green line across under the stick, you will have your e logo for evil empire.

So far I has this... Don't know how to post a picture from my hard drive so I just changed my avatar. Will have a go at your Idea may be as I had not thought of it. Im a little disappointed that Vancouver would not fit on.

Thanks again Zombo!!

As for a set of Avys I like the idea of anti heroes, If there was an actor that has an abnormal amount of villain roles, each player could be a different one, bit to complicated to do I think, I had this Idea that each player could be a Johnny Depp character, cause they are so random. But that doesn't have anything Canuck related to it.

LolClarkson*

They are the prefect follow up from Embrace the Hate as the Dynasty avatars expectations on players are a bit over the top (others would say).

The dynasty avs are the best yet.

The poster with the Schredder avatar was arguing with Oilers fans about our prospects cuz they were knocking ours. Schredder came up. It was gut busting hilarious watching him defend Schredder with that avatar.

Linters*

The only way to stop the same old annoying stuff being brought up all the time by other fans is if we embrace it entirely no matter how despicable it may be. I'd suggest avatars with every incident that makes people hate the Canucks in gif form then after the gif a quick flash to the Canucks logo and the wording All Class. And by no matter how despicable I mean one of those avatars should be Bertuzzi Moore, atleast one should be of the riot, burrows and the finger incident, Hansen and the referee, Hansen and Hossa since everybody is currently pissed about it, Lapierre and his finger, Ryan Kesler's dive against LA last year. Basically we own everything the other fans like to use against us and then suddenly using it against us is last palatable.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The only way to stop the same old annoying stuff being brought up all the time by other fans is if we embrace it entirely no matter how despicable it may be. I'd suggest avatars with every incident that makes people hate the Canucks in gif form then after the gif a quick flash to the Canucks logo and the wording All Class. And by no matter how despicable I mean one of those avatars should be Bertuzzi Moore, atleast one should be of the riot, burrows and the finger incident, Hansen and the referee, Hansen and Hossa since everybody is currently pissed about it, Lapierre and his finger, Ryan Kesler's dive against LA last year. Basically we own everything the other fans like to use against us and then suddenly using it against us is last palatable.

Good idea in principle and I'm down, but those are probably a no-go.

LolClarkson*

Agree

You have a good list going. Lets think of more.

Remember when Burrows scattered the snow back into the goalie crease after the goalie finished cleaning it up. The goalie cleaned it up again then Burrows did it AGAIN ! Word got out that Trevor Linden (of all guys:sarcasm:) told Burr to do it.

Does Matt Cooke as a Canuck count ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad