Embrace the Hate (Avatars)

Scottrockztheworld*

Good idea in principle and I'm down, but those are probably a no-go.

I also remember from an avatar thread awhile ago that our mods didn't like that riot idea either... which is a shame.

"2011 Playoffs, it was a riot!"

With the amount its done to us too bad we couldn't bring up other fan bases rioting, like the Oilers one on Whyte Avenue during their run in 2006.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
hansen-hossa synced with the People's Elbow

peoplesslideminiopt.gif

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
JGyWDZf.gif

And yes, the spelling/grammar errors are intentional. I also used the Skate logo because outsider fans on the mainboards seem to love it. What better way to piss them off than to associate it with the current, hated version of the Canucks, right?

BoHorvat53

Crabs!
Mar 29, 2010
British Columbia
JGyWDZf.gif

And yes, the spelling/grammar errors are intentional. I also used the Skate logo because outsider fans on the mainboards seem to love it. What better way to piss them off than to associate it with the current, hated version of the Canucks, right?

What's the point of misspelling Stanley?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I can make new Embrace The Hates pretty fast.

What we should title them is "Pure Canadian Class" and show Burrows Bite, Gate Gate, Hansen Elbow, Sedin "elbow", Kesler Diving, Bieksa doing something Bieksa-ish, Kassian doing the SOB salute, Luongo "pump my tires" media pic, Lapierre finger, Booth Hunting, Ballard-McGinn hip check, Edler monster hit, etc

Scottrockztheworld*

I can make new Embrace The Hates pretty fast.

What we should title them is "Pure Canadian Class" and show Burrows Bite, Gate Gate, Hansen Elbow, Sedin "elbow", Kesler Diving, Bieksa doing something Bieksa-ish, Kassian doing the SOB salute, Luongo "pump my tires" media pic, Lapierre finger, Booth Hunting, Ballard-McGinn hip check, Edler monster hit, etc

What were the Bruins described as playing? "Tough, old time Canadian hockey" or something like that? Playing on that would be funny

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
What were the Bruins described as playing? "Tough, old time Canadian hockey" or something like that? Playing on that would be funny

Exactly, and we can work in the Julien "that's a classless move" for the third frame of every avatar.

Frame one: Player doing accused offense with caption
Frame two: Julien "that's a classless/gutless move"
Frame three: logo with "Vancouver Canucks 2013: Pure Canadian Class"

Last edited:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Exactly, and we can work in the Julien "that's a classless move" for the third frame of every avatar.

Frame one: Player doing accused offense with caption
Frame two: Julien "that's a classless/gutless move"
Frame three: logo with "Vancouver Canucks 2013: Pure Canadian Class"

Also, we can do Garrison signing and just have that be the Classless Move.

Co Ho*

On the subject of photoshop, does anyone want to make me like a street sign for children at play, but with Hossa's head on it? Maybe like a warning sign or ! and then Hossa below it. Seems appropriate right now :laugh:

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
I would like to see a jersey that said F***YOUVER for the word mark, and for the main logo, the C is formed not of an orca jumping out of the ice, but Kesler's 'tumbleweed' dive/roll from last year.

On second thoughts, doesn't this just encourage the stereotypes?

LolClarkson*

Hee! You could have Matt Cooke, Jarkko Ruutu, Raffi Torres, Todd Bertuzzi, Esa Tikkanen, and Max Lapierre posing together with the legend "Distinguished Graduates, Vancouver Canucks School of Dignity and Respect"

That has to be done. If I could, i would

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Honestly, I like a lot of these ideas, and would be fine with anything, just as long as we embrace the hate/create more hate towards us. :laugh: Evil Empire, Empire strikes back are good ones.

The only way to stop the same old annoying stuff being brought up all the time by other fans is if we embrace it entirely no matter how despicable it may be. I'd suggest avatars with every incident that makes people hate the Canucks in gif form then after the gif a quick flash to the Canucks logo and the wording All Class. And by no matter how despicable I mean one of those avatars should be Bertuzzi Moore, atleast one should be of the riot, burrows and the finger incident, Hansen and the referee, Hansen and Hossa since everybody is currently pissed about it, Lapierre and his finger, Ryan Kesler's dive against LA last year. Basically we own everything the other fans like to use against us and then suddenly using it against us is last palatable.

Agree

You have a good list going. Lets think of more.

Remember when Burrows scattered the snow back into the goalie crease after the goalie finished cleaning it up. The goalie cleaned it up again then Burrows did it AGAIN ! Word got out that Trevor Linden (of all guys:sarcasm:) told Burr to do it.

Does Matt Cooke as a Canuck count ?

Another incident I can remember is Burrows "opening" the gate so an Ottawa player fell into it, IIRC.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
The dynasty avs are the best yet.

The poster with the Schredder avatar was arguing with Oilers fans about our prospects cuz they were knocking ours. Schredder came up. It was gut busting hilarious watching him defend Schredder with that avatar.

I believe you are refering to me, was all up in that MPS vs Schroeder thread as well as some other prospect ones. Gotta love "Schroeder is too small to be an NHL player being spewed out by Oiler fans" :laugh:

Linters*

hansen-hossa synced with the People's Elbow

peoplesslideminiopt.gif

As funny as that would be, seeing as how the Caution Hossa At Play sign one I made got deleted something tells me it wouldn't be okay to do, otherwise I'd do it.

TheDiver*

Our theme should be "sportsmanship" and "fair play" with pictures of certain players and incidents.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Id love to see Hansen and Hossa's heads on these guys :)

Hansen obviously being the Ecuadorian :nod:

Also, Can't remember the game, but it involved a Hansen hit on Oduya that ended up knocking out the glass and hurting a Hawk's fan.

Id love too see a zoom in on the hawks fan getting the glass over him and something with Honeybadger don't give a ****** and then something embrace the hate :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00