I'm thinking of going against the anti-hero theme and going with hero stuff ie

Donated $1.5m to children's hospital

Chopped his finger off rather than miss a playoff game

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Not a bad idea. Every fan base sees the Canucks as the Satan of the NHL, so what better way to make them hate us more is to act like we are angels.

Either way, embracing the hate or making ourselves seem like angels, works into pissing people off.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Anti-anti-hero?

or

"Dives"
"Into his wallet for children's hospital"

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Only team without a suspension or fine last year. That could work ad well.

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
I don't think it is just the hate for the Canucks, but a hate for Vancouver in general. Mostly from fans in other Canadian provinces. You can see this on the Canadian message boards whenever something about Van is brought up.

Some of this is jealousy, for sure. But I think another part of it is; frankly, a lot of people who live in Van (and BC) come across as quite arrogant.
We are very proud (to a boastful degree) of our city/province. Sometimes to the point that our statements come across as rude and ignorant.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I don't think it is just the hate for the Canucks, but a hate for Vancouver in general. Mostly from fans in other Canadian provinces. You can see this on the Canadian message boards whenever something about Van is brought up.

Some of this is jealousy, for sure. But I think another part of it is; frankly, a lot of people who live in Van (and BC) come across as quite arrogant.
We are very proud (to a boastful degree) of our city/province. Sometimes to the point that our statements come across as rude and ignorant.

It's also that Vancouver doesn't really do anything as a city other than promote Vancouver and how terrific it is so that more people will come buy real estate in Vancouver. I find that irritating as ****, and I've lived here my whole life. Can't imagine how annoying that is to someone from Toronto or something.

Lundface*

**** em :yo:

:laugh:

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Contemplating on letting go of my Menegati Avatar for one of those bad boys..

edit: If someone puts Menegati's face on one of those I'll do it.

:sarcasm:?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->