Embrace the Hate (Avatars)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't think it is just the hate for the Canucks, but a hate for Vancouver in general. Mostly from fans in other Canadian provinces. You can see this on the Canadian message boards whenever something about Van is brought up.

Some of this is jealousy, for sure. But I think another part of it is; frankly, a lot of people who live in Van (and BC) come across as quite arrogant.
We are very proud (to a boastful degree) of our city/province. Sometimes to the point that our statements come across as rude and ignorant.
I think the idea of someone disliking us because of "jealousy" is completely ridiculous and wishful fan-biased thinking, personally. In fact, the fact that many Canuck fans would jump to this mentality probably rightfully contributes to how annoying we are as a group.

Whether it's fair or not, they're annoyed by us because we're presented/we present ourselves in a way that's legitimately annoying to people, plain and simple, IMO.

I think 90% of it is that we as a group lack self-awareness when we're enthusiastic about something related to the team. It's magnified because we have so many fans and the city's culture is so rah-rah about the team.

This is why I dislike the embrace the hate idea and think it makes us look worse.

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Also having a lot of fans means having a lot larger number of outspoken fans who people like to use to generalize about the entire fanbase.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
mlrs5x.gif

Any chance you can do better Zombo mine had it's quality trashed trying to fit it into 20K 125x125 format. Just want to have mine ready for later.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
No problem with regards to the fix, it took about one second of work. Saving the image probably took longer than it did to fix it. ;)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I just made this one for The Classless One (though feel free to take it if you want):

9ksrrPn.gif

In case you don't follow, Jason Garrison played for the Nanaimo Clippers (with "Clippers" referring to the type of boat):

New_Logo_Large.JPG

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->