Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
If canuck don’t sign Petey this off season it’ll be a huge mistake. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Quinn at near PPG. These guys are gonna be putting us in even deeper cap Hell if Benning can’t get them to sign this off-season.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Pettersson knows this is a big offseason.
He wants that dough his personal trainer is the head trainer for Vaxjo. But obviously Vaxjo is playing right now so.
But that trainers brother is this crazy celebrity trainer who does all the DC comic actors and lives in North America and it looks like he is going to be working with Pettersson a bit during this offseason.
IMHO your analysis is incorrect. This isn't a big off-season for Pettersson. It's just another day at the job which he loves. There were concerns he would slump in his sophomore season, I said he would crush it. He did. He's not a normal kid.

He wants to be the best and he has shown the abnormal maturity at his age and the work ethics to make it so. He knows the dough will come in if he does his job. He doesn't strike me as the cash-out player, which makes any "big" season just another day at the job. He's team loyal, he's Swedish. Money isn't his priority, it's the great bonus.

Pettersson understands the concept of consistency. He will not have a dip because of his salary. You don't need to talk contract years when it comes to him. Just pay him a respectable sum of money and move on to real problems.

I forgot my next Kermit video:

My hockey drugs are wearing out. Dammit. Anyway, don't expect Pettersson to be different because of a contract year. He will go 150% any day and every year. He won't peak, he will just progress. He already understands you don't play for your ratings, you perform to make the ratings reflect you, which is its purpose. He doesn't pad, he does the whole work. He's not the disco guy.

What do I want to say during my ravingly positive compliments of this guy? You as Vancouver Canucks fans are sure to have a loyal and sparkling hockey star of golden quality. My last prediction before time proved me right was Peter Forsberg, then it was Henrik Lundqvist. His ceiling is HHOF quality.

I highly doubted his ability to fit in the NHL with his small frame before he proved me wrong with a strong punch in the face by doing it. His skill, intelligence, commitment and adaptability proved to me he will have no problems to succeed.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
IMHO your analysis is incorrect. This isn't a big off-season for Pettersson. It's just another day at the job which he loves. There were concerns he would slump in his sophomore season, I said he would crush it. He did. He's not a normal kid.

He wants to be the best and he has shown the abnormal maturity at his age and the work ethics to make it so. He knows the dough will come in if he does his job. He doesn't strike me as the cash-out player, which makes any "big" season just another day at the job. He's team loyal, he's Swedish. Money isn't his priority, it's the great bonus.

Pettersson understands the concept of consistency. He will not have a dip because of his salary. You don't need to talk contract years when it comes to him. Just pay him a respectable sum of money and move on to real problems.

My hockey drugs are wearing out. Dammit. Anyway, don't expect Pettersson to be different because of a contract year. He will go 150% any day and every year. He won't peak, he will just progress. He already understands you don't play for your ratings, you perform to make the ratings reflect you, which is its purpose. He doesn't pad, he does the whole work. He's not the disco guy.

What do I want to say during my ravingly positive compliments of this guy? You as Vancouver Canucks fans are sure to have a loyal and sparkling hockey star of golden quality. My last prediction before time proved me right was Peter Forsberg, then it was Henrik Lundqvist. His ceiling is HHOF quality.

I highly doubted his ability to fit in the NHL with his small frame before he proved me wrong with a strong punch in the face by doing it. His skill, intelligence, commitment and adaptability proved to me he will have no problems to succeed.

not even sure what the hell I just read.

Reactions: TeddyBare

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
not even sure what the hell I just read.
I'm running out of juice...

tenor.gif

"Hi, my name is Chimp and I'm a hockey addict."
"Hello Chimp!"

Last edited:

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

I would like this post if I could however the Imperialist Dictators who govern this forum have removed those privileges yet again so my praise here will have to suffice.

Pettersson's primary consideration is definitely not money..........this kid wants to win and be the best. Money is simply a by-product of that.

Zero doubts that regardless of his contract situation he gives 110% - This kid is an absolute stud and we are sooo lucky to have him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If canuck don’t sign Petey this off season it’ll be a huge mistake. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Quinn at near PPG. These guys are gonna be putting us in even deeper cap Hell if Benning can’t get them to sign this off-season.

You make it sound like it's the Canucks decision alone. Both of them probably think they could get more if they play out the season

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Man I love this player :yo:

The one downside to Pettersson being so offensively gifted is that people are going to judge him solely on his raw points stats. He's so much more than just a PPG player. People who don't recognize that are missing out on just how damn good he is, even if they're praising him for highlight reel goals.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
The one downside to Pettersson being so offensively gifted is that people are going to judge him solely on his raw points stats. He's so much more than just a PPG player. People who don't recognize that are missing out on just how damn good he is, even if they're praising him for highlight reel goals.
His work in his own end and through the neutral zone to help transition the puck in the right direction somehow actually impresses me more than the offensive side of his game. Guy's on the verge of becoming a two-way superstar who can go head-to-head against top lines and still score against them. Green needs to recognize this and use this as his matchup strategy next season.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
His work in his own end and through the neutral zone to help transition the puck in the right direction somehow actually impresses me more than the offensive side of his game. Guy's on the verge of becoming a two-way superstar who can go head-to-head against top lines and still score against them. Green needs to recognize this and use this as his matchup strategy next season.
He endurance is one of his best abilities. He always has an extra burst left and always can move. It is quite a difference from say Horvat probably because of. body types. This is a big advantage late in shifts both offensively and defensively. Not that you want him on the pk blocking shots but he would be elite at it.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It’s not but they should try as hard as possible.

I'd bet that it will be asked some time early/during the season and Benning will respond with "We're just trying to focus on winning games right now and we'll circle back and revisit during the offseason"

Because Benning is so good at circling back

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

It's why the people on the main boards who say he's overrated due to his point totals clearly have no idea what type of player he is. So many seem to think he's some flashy one-way forward

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Thought this was a fun tweet.

Colleague:
I have a cousin who I think is pretty good at hockey. At least he plays at a fairly high level.

Me:
Yeah?

Colleague:
Yes, I think he plays in North America.

Me:
Well, what's his name then?

Colleague:
Elias Pettersson.

Reactions: Szechwan

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I wonder how pettersson feel with one of his best buddies in markstrom being chased out of town.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I wonder how pettersson feel with one of his best buddies in markstrom being chased out of town.

Not being willing to give a 6x6 deal plus a full NMC in a tight cap market to a 30-year-old goalie is what you're calling "being chased out of town."

Pettersson dealt just fine with his best buddy Dahlen getting sent to the AHL and then traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad