Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Confirmed to be spending the off-season in Vancouver. Already on the ice at rogers arena practicing. He's hungry and I think he's gonna explode next season.

Yeah funny i was just going to post this. Being the stalker.....I mean "Fan" that I am I notice on his IG that he's still in Van. I would take that as a good sign for us!

I'm a bit scared that he's changing up his routine. Our training staff doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Reactions: eli4spetterss0n

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Didn't the NHL just change the rules in the new CBA so teams can't open team facilities for players to practise in the offseason?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
This kid is a beast, his competitiveness and mindset arguably is more valuable than his elite level on ice talent.

We’re really luck to have this guy on our team.
Having a great mindset/attitude is the most important key to success. Everything else comes after.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This is what keeps me going during the off-season.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Nifty Sauce

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
As a bonus for you @Nifty Sauce - even if I think you're already seen it, how about the plethora of ankle breakers and all the things Pettersson does on the ice on a regular basis that never ends up in any highlight reels? This video could be 1½ hours. My oh my. He's crossing boundaries that should be 18+ to watch when it comes to hockey.
I just watch all the plethora of knee breakers from watching Bryan Marchment videos.:sarcasm:

Definition of karma: I believe Marchment's career ended after attempting yet another knee-on-knee hit that ended up hurting him.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I just watch all the plethora of knee breakers from watching Bryan Marchment videos.:sarcasm:

Definition of karma: I believe Marchment's career ended after attempting yet another knee-on-knee hit that ended up hurting him.
I have to laugh at your unexpected response at the general hockey aspect Pettersson fans are at - pure skill, winning games and so on (and I don't mean "winning games" in a condescending way, I know it's complicated). I guess we're wired differently when it comes to hockey and that's fine. You love the physical side, the gladiator aspect and I can respect that as a hockey fan to another, but I think I have bad news for you. And you know it, even if you can find glimpses of great hits still. There's no blood stains on a broken glass having to be replaced in 2020 if you know what I mean.

If you're a Bryan Marchment fan, I'm sorry to disappoint you that you won't find many worthy highlights in Pettersson's game. He's the guy getting ragdolled while he roofs it - and more than often he's ragdolling himself to make the play. I just love that special aspect of his game.

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
With what he showed these playoffs I don't see him scoring less than 90 points next season. He just keeps taking these huge steps every other year or two.

Reactions: nergish

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Thank Linden Benning didn’t get his way.

You need to stop listening to some information and painting your own version of the story. There is no clear evidence that Benning wanted Glass and don't want Petey.

Just because Linden gave Brackett the decision to draft Petey. It doesn't mean Benning didn't want Petey, scouts see the prospects more than the GM. It could if been Benning haven't decided on which player is better since he doesn't see the player that much.

GM usually focus more on trades and signing. Maybe Linden wanted Benning focus more on those areas and less about the draft and that's why they gave scouts the final call.

There so many stories you can paint here.

If you don't mind. Can you go to management thread and let know why you're giving Brackett so much credit and what is good about about Brackett? Thanks

Reactions: bcbill

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
You need to stop listening to some information and painting your own version of the story. There is no clear evidence that Benning wanted Glass and don't want Petey.

Just because Linden gave Brackett the decision to draft Petey. It doesn't mean Benning didn't want Petey, scouts see the prospects more than the GM. It could if been Benning haven't decided on which player is better since he doesn't see the player that much.

GM usually focus more on trades and signing. Maybe Linden wanted Benning focus more on those areas and less about the draft and that's why they gave scouts the final call.

There so many stories you can paint here.

If you don't mind. Can you go to management thread and let know why you're giving Brackett so much credit and what is good about about Brackett? Thanks

There will never be clear evidence for stuff like this. There are indications however, that Benning did prefer Glass over Pettersson but it doesnt mean that he was unhappy with having to pick Pettersson. It would just mean that if he had his way he would have taken Glass

Autonomy and a breakdown in trust: Why Judd Brackett is leaving the Canucks

Credible whispers have persisted, however, that Benning preferred Cody Glass. There are internal voices who believe that, if Benning had his way, Glass would’ve been the Canucks’ pick.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
There is no truth to it he wanted EP

he was gonna trade down and then New York was trying to get him and we stayed in the same spot and grabbed him

We stayed in the same spot because Vegas backed out of the deal. There was a potential deal in place with the Golden Knights but then McPhee told Benning he would stay at 6. Funnily that apparently happened after Benning pointed to Pettersson while sitting on the draft table with Brackett.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Pettersson knows this is a big offseason.
He wants that dough

his personal trainer is the head trainer for Vaxjo. But obviously Vaxjo is playing right now so.
But that trainers brother is this crazy celebrity trainer who does all the DC comic actors and lives in North America and it looks like he is going to be working with Pettersson a bit during this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino