Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Now that is back to back games where Pettersson has been in on all goals for Vaxjo that weren't an empty net.

He is that team.

And he single handily won them the game against farjestad(2nd ranked team behind Vaxjo) a week ago with 2 goals in the 3rd one which was with 33 seconds left to tie the game.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thread title needs to be updated OP cmon

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This is why I was so high on Pettersson. Always thought he had the potential to have the highest level of skill set.

Just amazing.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Break out the salsa we got ourselves a player. That was a blue chip reference for those of you that weren't following along.

Reactions: sting101

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
pays off to select the high potential guy regardless of the question marks

I was fine with Glass Vilardi or Pettersson and when EP was selected I thought, hmm I like the gamble. Good choice

Reactions: racerjoe

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Yeah this is starting to get a little out of hand - in a good way. I mean this kind of fortune does happen to prospects/teams - they preform better than expected (based on draft position) - but this combined with Boeser and it's almost giving me an unsettling feeling - like its obviously too good to be true. But every day now you look at the title of this thread - more games played, more points at higher than ppg.

Then you look at how Brock just won stop scoring.

It's all so great but it is giving me an uneasy feeling.

But it makes sense - this isn't Jason King, Steve kariya, or the infamous Sergie Shirokov. Both are regular season points - in credible leagues. It just seems too real but not.

What's going on.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
What a prospect, saw him last year and he looked very good, but he is even better this year. Went from being a good prospect to being an elite prospect, impressive, best young swedish forward since Bäckström, and Pettersson might even be better than Bäckstrom.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Between Boeser in the NHL and Pettersson in the SHL, this season has been a blessing for us Canucks fans. I mean, I'm really having a lot of fun with this team right now.

Still don't have complete faith in Benning and Linden the negativity is somewhat staved off at the moment.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah this is starting to get a little out of hand - in a good way. I mean this kind of fortune does happen to prospects/teams - they preform better than expected (based on draft position) - but this combined with Boeser and it's almost giving me an unsettling feeling - like its obviously too good to be true. But every day now you look at the title of this thread - more games played, more points at higher than ppg.

But it makes sense - this isn't Jason King, Steve kariya, or the infamous Sergie Shirokov. Both are regular season points - in credible leagues. It just seems too real but not.

What's going on.

I know what you mean. I'm trying not to get too excited about him as I wait for the inevitable Canucks prospect let down.

When I watch him play, I have to remind myself that he's playing in the highest league in Sweden. Its hard to believe how much he has improved from his already impressive draft year.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Was a bit unlucky to not get that empty netter plus he got surpassed in shl lead.

Pettersson has not had any luck at all because almost all his points are quality plays.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

What's going on.

i share your uneasy feeling. but i am inclined to enjoy it while it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany