Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
These are my thoughts exactly, however I feel this is why Horvat should be the future 2nd line center and not the 1st line. Because BMo was a 2nd line player on the 1st line you can put Petterson and Boeser as legit first line players plus insert a 2nd liner. Could be Baertschi, could be a free agent or draftpick/prospect...doesn't matter. You then build that solid 2nd line with Horvat, Baertschi and whoever. You could put Baertschi on the 1st line but wouldn't want to break that Horvat chemistry up so just say a Baertschi type skill player.

This would be very much like the Sedin Line or West Coast Express line of old and R**n K****r (sorry for the language) anchoring the 2nd line. A one-two punch that spreads the talent out so that teams can't just focus their matchups on the 1st line.

XXXX Petterson Boeser
Baertschi Horvat XXXX

Give it 2-3 years (and possibly a few retained 4th round picks) and those two lines could be the framework of future success for this team. It's almost scary to say this but the light at the end of the tunnel might not be a train after all...

And this is fine if Pettersson can play center in the NHL, it’s been said in this forum that he’s playing wing now. In a perfect world yes having Pettersson and Horvat down the middle is ideal.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Maybe Iafrate is a hero of his.
27690409070d8caf94707882d2920e4e.png

Reactions: Drunkan Keith

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Are you willing to concede defeat that he was the right pick over Vilardi yet? ;)

Vilardi hasn't played a game yet due to injury. Not willing to concede anything, but I did like the pick. This isn't like Juolevi over almost anyone else. My preference was Vilardi, but was happy with Pettersson.

I'm very excited to see what he can do over here. I hope we can get him over here for the end of the AHL season, and I do want to see him on a line with Boeser. Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser could work well.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
SHL and KHL websites both show SOG on the stat pages.

Pettersson has 11 goals on 46 shots for a sh% of 23.9.

Tolvanen has 16 goals in 121 shots for a 13.2 sh%.
I think something is wrong with his sog stat because he has taken a lot of shots and 46 seems very low.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
So what did he do today? It's starting to become too much to keep up with the thread changinh everuday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad