Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Yeah I agree. The stats I posted may not be correct
Yeah I agree. The stats I posted may not be correct either but 46 shots seems absurdly low.

"on ice shooting%", how his team shoot with him on the ice, he included. His personal SH% is high, but teammates are low instead, regression should mean he has a little more assist than goals in the future.

Reactions: thepuckmonster

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
It basically means his teammates cant finish for their lives. Not surprised considering EP has 42% on all vajxo goals

Reactions: Knight53

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Good lord, that on-ice shooting %. I'm trying not to get too excited. Injuries could be a problem over his career (fingers crossed) but I really don't see anything else that could hold him back from scoring 70 points in the NHL very soon.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
714f7d7095d9d8c3dd71e5d4ff365e87.png

haha, jörgen pettersson

bigmackattack

Oct 15, 2017
According to all known laws of hockey, there is no way that a D+1 prospect should be able to put up 27 points in 20 games in the SHL. His muscles are too small to carry his lanky body past the d-men. Elias Pettersson, of course, does it anyways. Because Pettersson doesn't care what humans think is impossible.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
At the start of the season I thought Pettersson's potential was Bäckström lite, but if he keeps this up for a while longer he should objectively be considered in Kent Nilsson territory. I started following the SHL in the mid 90s and I don't remember the Sedins ever standing out from the crowd like Pettersson does right now.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
too bad I'm not a Leafs fan because I would love to pop in here and say

He's the David Rundblad of forwards.

and watch you all take it seriously

Reactions: IComeInPeace

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
we need to get a 1st round pick from a bubble team to have 2 picks (if we dont make the playoffs) in the lottery...

gotta get Dahlinnnn or Svechnikov for Pettersson to feed :cool:

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

point one: missed first half of the period but picked off right after the goal
point two: that was some sweet assist at 3:07. i can just drool on that play over all day
point three: didnt think much happened after his second goal imho albeit who knows what happened in the 1st.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
we need to get a 1st round pick from a bubble team to have 2 picks (if we dont make the playoffs) in the lottery...

gotta get Dahlinnnn or Svechnikov for Pettersson to feed :cool:
How would getting another 1st round pick help us land Dahlin or Svechnikov? Also no bubble team is going to give up a 1st.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I was thinking about the use of the G-word and its appropriateness at this time.

No. It's going to take a lot. Like, a lot. The criteria should be pretty onerous.

Fifty points, minimum. Maybe an All-Star selection at the WJCs. Then we can entertain the idea of using the G-word.

Last edited:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If you boot his shooting percentage down to 10%, which is very reasonable, he's still playing at a point per game rate, which is obviously still very impressive.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Good lord, that on-ice shooting %. I'm trying not to get too excited. Injuries could be a problem over his career (fingers crossed) but I really don't see anything else that could hold him back from scoring 70 points in the NHL very soon.

The fact that the NHL is the most physical league in the world and the fact that he and his older brother are both built like string beans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad