Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Do people really think it's classless to boo an opposing team's player(s)? Fans paid good money for tickets and if they want to boo an opposing team's player, the let them boo. Unless it's booing and injury or something personal, which I would never condone, I couldn't care less why a fan boos an opposing team's players.

Regarding Lindholm, I thought his mock of the clap was just fine and I have no issue with it. If the team doesn't want to be mocked by opposing players, the simple solution is to win the game so you won't be mocked. :dunno:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Do people really think it's classless to boo an opposing team's player(s)?
Yeah when it is during a "Welcome home old team players cermony" it is stupid behavior, and yes they have the right to be classless , they paid for it, they are still classless thou. In other games it is not classless to boo other teams players or boo them because then done something realy stupid in the game. Usually if you want to show class as a fan you cheer when they welcome old team players.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah when it is during a "Welcome home old team players cermony" it is stupid behavior, and yes they have the right to be classless , they paid for it, they are still classless thou. In other games it is not classless to boo other teams players or boo them because then done something realy stupid in the game. Usually if you want to show class as a fan you cheer when they welcome old team players.

Meh...there's no "rulebook" for booing and stating what is and isn't "classless" is arbitrary . If you think it's classless, that's fine, but it's a game and meant for entertainment. Also, the reports of booing and "on him all game" are vastly exaggerated in this thread. Fans go to games for enjoyment, not to be politically correct on when to boo and when not to. I personally don't think I've ever boo'd another player, but don't begrudge someone because they did.

Way too many uptight people getting worked up over things like fans booing opposing players, the Canes victory celebration, Lindholm mocking it, etc...

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I love it. I also love how some Hurricanes fans are upset at him for doing it.

Canes fans mad at Lindholm mocking it are just as silly as people mocking the Canes for doing it. It's harmless fun

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Classless and juvenile on Lindholm's part.

Don't care about the Carolina post game celebrations one way or the other and can't believe there's a 23 page thread on it. Jesus, it really isn't that big of a deal. If it works for them so be it. They don't mock the other team, they do it after the other team has left the ice and the fans seem to like it so good for them.

His "mocking" them shows they're as much in his head as he is in theirs.
Yep, must suck for him being part of one of the best lines in hockey on one of the best teams in the league when he could still be in Carolina being a clapping seal in front of a 60% full arena of indifferent fans of a perennial non playoff team.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I dont think the Canes players decided to do the post game cele on their own. Lilkely drawn up by their marketing team. Im not a huge fan of it, but at the end of the day its a business and its about getting bums in seats. A good chunk of those players hate it i am sure. For me i'm an advocate for creative goal celebrations. In terms of mocking it, im not a fan of it either. Shows immaturity. Considering he waited until the game was done and they had won. He was too cowardly to do it in game where he'd be subject to additional scrutiny in which he could maybe step up and silence his critics with his play. Also wouldn't have done this if they had lost. For me it makes a team accomplishment about one player.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Who cares?
What Lindholm should really have done was grab a mic and make a public apology to Canes fans for sucking during his time with the team. Amazing what playing with guys like Gaudreau and Monahan will do for a career.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I dont think the Canes players decided to do the post game cele on their own. Lilkely drawn up by their marketing team. Im not a huge fan of it, but at the end of the day its a business and its about getting bums in seats. A good chunk of those players hate it i am sure.
I'm sure you are talking out of your behind.

Reactions: garnetpalmetto

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Yep, must suck for him being part of one of the best lines in hockey on one of the best teams in the league when he could still be in Carolina being a clapping seal in front of a 60% full arena of indifferent fans of a perennial non playoff team.

At first I was like... "what did Carolina ever do to you?"

Then I saw your location. 2006 still stings, huh?

Reactions: stopclickbait

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
At first I was like... "what did Carolina ever do to you?"

Then I saw your location. 2006 still stings, huh?
I have no ill will towards the Canes, I'm a Montreal fan living in Edmonton. I'd love to adopt the Oilers as a second team but its been tough the past 13 years.

I'm sure Canes fans can relate. Tough to cheer for a team that consistently disappoints.

Reactions: CarolinaCaniac

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Who cares?
What Lindholm should really have done was grab a mic and make a public apology to Canes fans for sucking during his time with the team. Amazing what playing with guys like Gaudreau and Monahan will do for a career.
Lindholm said he was glad to get out of carolina aka career killer team.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Meh...there's no "rulebook" for booing and stating what is and isn't "classless" is arbitrary . If you think it's classless, that's fine, but it's a game and meant for entertainment. Also, the reports of booing and "on him all game" are vastly exaggerated in this thread. Fans go to games for enjoyment, not to be politically correct on when to boo and when not to. I personally don't think I've ever boo'd another player, but don't begrudge someone because they did.

Way too many uptight people getting worked up over things like fans booing opposing players, the Canes victory celebration, Lindholm mocking it, etc...

There are unspoken rules, even if you dont think there should be. If you dont follow them , you will get a reaction. If booing a player would be totally ok, or the mock, there would be no reaction at any side of the fence. And uptight fans buy tickets too. So they have the right to be uptight.

"Also, the reports of booing and "on him all game" are vastly exaggerated in this thread"
This might be true of that i do not know.
But if a player gets booed without any real reason in a " Welcome back home cermony" . Those fans are stupid and there is no talking out of that. Uptight or not.

In sweden i think most see hockey as a sport that might be entertaining but not as only entertainment.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Who cares?

Maybe play your skilled player with other skilled players? With how canes fans talk about these two, you'd think they were generational and lindholm is leeching off of them for easy points.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

I agree.

I miss the days where the fans would let loose. This isn't high and theatre. This has hockey. The fans should get worked up at attempt to agitate the other team. Short of personal attacks, the fans should be encouraged to get engaged and go after the other team.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Maybe play your skilled player with other skilled players? With how canes fans talk about these two, you'd think they were generational and lindholm is leeching off of them for easy points.
Hold on, are you saying Gaudreau isn't a top 5 winger in the NHL?
How can you possibly deny the fact that Lindholm was trash in Carolina? Did they force him to suck? The guy isn't without talent, clearly, but he is a passenger. He should just shut his mouth and be happy about his current circumstances.

Reactions: CarolinaCaniac

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I don't blame him for doing it but the video is pretty cringey. He keeps it up for quite a while, none of his teammates join in, except for Ritich briefly probably just to appease him. Was it earned? Yeah probably but there's still such a thing as taking the high road, he kinda looked like a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad