Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
As much as I dislike Carolina's post game crap, this will anger the Hockey Gods. Adding insult to injury, after a victory, is a no-fly zone in hockey

Last edited:

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Not sure why the fans would boo him. He didn’t demand a trade or hold out. Management just dealt him.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Canes trying to compete with Tampa I see. Did not think any other team would be so easily offended ;(

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
It's things like this that are the reason this league has no character.
Agreed. The league needs more villains/rivalries. Have absolutely no issue with the Canes doing the Storm Surge, and love it when others mock it. Let people have fun! It's not that deep, people.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
The booing thing happens to just about any high profile player who leaves in free agency or is traded in a high profile deal.
Usually only happens to the top tier players as well.

That celebration, man, I could just imagine a team grinding out a win, just wanting to go to the dressing room. Nope, we gotta go play whatever the hell that thing is we do with the fans.

I get they want to get the fans involved but, well, thats pretty lame.

Whatever though, I mean we have Hall and Oates as a goal song so no building is perfect is it?:laugh:

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I've never heard that from him at all. I believe his issue was the fan reception he got upon returning to Raleigh (fans booing him).

That was probably particularly hard to take since the Canes got rid of him through a trade because he wouldn't let them low ball him into a new contract... and its not like he was asking for an enormous amount since he re-signed with the Flames for 6 yrs x $4.85M.
After his treatment by Canes management he's probably a little bitter and then the booing during the game by the fans was just icing on the cake.
This...I think he and Hanifin were a little rattled by the trade. I actually don't think the crowd was booing Lindy on the intro. They announced them all together, and I think the boos were for Peters, and it sounded like for all. Lindy was a fan fav here.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Good. Hope more will follow.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Pens x

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I wasn’t at the game, but several in our game day thread were. He was booed twice, not “all game.” Once at the first stoppage (when Peters, Hanafin, Lindholm, and Ryan were welcomed back), and again when he scored.

I 100% agree that if you are going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it. But dang, if Lindholm has shown even half this much energy and emotion while he was a Hurricane he’d still be in Carolina. He was underwhelming his whole career here. Every year we thought he’d break out. It never happened here. That’s frustrating.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
Carolina fans booing him all game deserved it and hamilton being a punk in the end with that slash.

Weird because the fans practically worshipped Skinner when he returned to PNC.

I was surprised when the fans booed but the first period message was for Peters and the players. Most of the fans were probably booing Peters.

I've never had a reason (until now) to dislike Lindy. I was in section 121 and it was a solid mix of booing and clapping. I was cheering for them. I think all those players and Peters gave their best to the organization and they've been gracious in interviews when asked about Raleigh.

What Lindholm did was not unprovoked but he's a professional athlete and mocking fans of an opposing team like that is a bad look.

Should make next season's meetings interesting.

Reactions: Steven

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I wasn’t at the game, but several in our game day thread were. He was booed twice, not “all game.” Once at the first stoppage (when Peters, Hanafin, Lindholm, and Ryan were welcomed back), and again when he scored.

I 100% agree that if you are going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it. But dang, if Lindholm has shown even half this much energy and emotion while he was a Hurricane he’d still be in Carolina. He was underwhelming his whole career here. Every year we thought he’d break out. It never happened here. That’s frustrating.
Any idea why they were booed? It's odd players to be booed after a trade unless they had forced their way out.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Any idea why they were booed? It's odd players to be booed after a trade unless they had forced their way out.

It makes no sense to boo Ryan, Lindy, or Hanifin. Most Canes fans here are of the notion that the crowd was booing Peters... and while many weren’t a huge fan of him during his time here, it’s also dumb to boo him.

In the end who (should) really cares? Skol clap, mocking the fans, it’s all childish stuff that isn’t really worth getting upset over but I guess people have a lot of time on their hands and feel like spending it on such matters

Reactions: CarolinaCaniac

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Most of the fans were probably booing Peters.
And Lindholm was probebly directing that mock against the ones who he thought booed him. It is beyond classless to boo during a Welcome back sign. The players are proffessional athletes most of the time , but they are people too. Sometimes it just refreshing and good for hockey to skip the media trained responses and answers.

Like the other "bad boy " Swede Elias Pettersson or the Finn Laine

Khrox

May 31, 2018
There was also the fan who threw a Lindholm jersey into the Mesh (which would have landed on the ice if the mesh wasn't there). Hanifin even mentioned that in his post-game interview.

Reactions: Mitts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3