Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Before their first game there was a photo on Twitter of Lindy holding court with a ton of his former teammates. This had nothing to do with the team or the celebration, it had everything to do with some salty fans. Dude gave 5 years of his life to those fans, blood, sweat and tears. Gets lowballed and shipped out by the organization, not his fault, and what’s he get in return? Boos. He was just giving it back to them.

I’d bet the house they don’t boo their GM when he’s on the jumbotron.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
lol

don't pretend that you were watching lindholm as a canes player.
Well would you look at that.
Elias Lindholm Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
374 gp. That’s an awful lot of hockey to play and not sweat. Looks like he missed a few games as well, I’m sure he caught his fair share of sticks and pucks, no blood though? Lucky guy. And all those losing seasons, he must be a cyborg to not shed a few tears out of frustration.

Maybe you’re right.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Classless and juvenile on Lindholm's part.

Don't care about the Carolina post game celebrations one way or the other and can't believe there's a 23 page thread on it. Jesus, it really isn't that big of a deal. If it works for them so be it. They don't mock the other team, they do it after the other team has left the ice and the fans seem to like it so good for them.

His "mocking" them shows they're as much in his head as he is in theirs.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
if your gonna dish it as fans prepare to take it back and have fun with it. hockey needs villains and rivals that arent forced like the players even said the game was intense and alot of it had to do with the trade. we cant only boo subban everywhere the more fan player rivalries the better imo.

now next time they play a player will have to check him for his fanbase honor and it creates even more emotion and excitement. and voila fans get there money worth in entertainment and dont need some forced middle school game celly after a win instead!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Terrible classless fans.

If he wanted out that's a different story but the Lindholm I watched in Carolina worked his tail off.

Well done Elias...you wouldn't have if you didn't care.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Has nothing to do with his character or mocking what the canes do post win. Canes fans were apparently booing him. As a canes fan I say good for him. He didn’t ask to be traded, wasn’t demanding too much money, he was part of the new ownership putting their stamp on the team and “changing the culture” which ends up being a slight on he and Hanifin that’s ridiculously undeserved. They were hardly the problem.

It literally has everything to do with those things.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Gotta love Lindy.

And gotta hate some of my not-so-smart fellow countrymen. I mean, what the heck?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Good I hope more players mock it

Why? I don’t give a shit about the canes or their postgame antics- but 9 year old me mighta been entertained. That’s when I fell in love with hockey- this might have made that happen even faster.

I just don’t get it.. don’t like it, don’t watch. It’s something extra for kids and people who enjoy it, it hurts no one, gives the fans something extra they can take or leave-

Actually, I like it just cause it’d make it easier to get out of the stadium. Seriously, that is it’s only impact on me.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I don't know if i should cringe or laugh, probably did both :laugh:

He should've had Hanifin and Ryan with him to make it truly epic. Especially because all of them scored.

But yeah pretty classless by the Canes fans.. Lindholm didn't deserve the reaction he got during the game. You can understand why he wanted to shove it in. And let's be real, he's in a position to do so. The team is on the top of the league and he's having a career year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad