Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
I mean there are two types of hockey players in situations where they were low balled, traded, get booed by the fan base they played for and see their jersey get chucked into the mesh.

You're either the type that smiles and takes it or you do the carolina clap and give it right back. Hilarious, love the guy and his gigantic smile.

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Canes have been without the playoffs for 9 years, why haven't they blown up their roster & Tanked for 1st overall picks ? If i was a owner of a team thats been without the playoffs for 9 years i'd be really pissed they have no #1st overall picks during that time.

So why don't their fans boo the ownership & GM instead ? Booing former players cause ur GM lost a trade is just pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopCheese

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Canes have been without the playoffs for 9 years, why haven't they blown up their roster & Tanked for 1st overall picks ? If i was a owner of a team thats been without the playoffs for 9 years i'd be really pissed they have no #1st overall picks during that time.

So why don't their fans boo the ownership & GM instead ? Booing former players cause ur GM lost a trade is just pointless.

You know, you don't have to blow it up and tank to improve your team. You can do it through good trading, good drafting, managing your assets properly. Just look at Edmonton for an example of why not to tank.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, the Flames were apparently able to turn their fortunes around not through tanking. Just need to find a team stupid enough to trade two great players for a song.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean the problem was Carolina misused him and soured his experience nearly sending his career down in the crapper. Calgary managed to salvage it so I don't see why not in his case. But I did think it was funny.

Evander Kane for us is a whole other story.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
You know, you don't have to blow it up and tank to improve your team. You can do it through good trading, good drafting, managing your assets properly. Just look at Edmonton for an example of why not to tank.

Monahan and Tkachuk were both 6th overall picks, that's not exactly nothing. If you want to be extremely literal with the definition of tanking, teams very rarely ever actually tank. Teams usually just end up bad and selling. Only year I can ever remember teams proactively tanking for was the McDavid year and even then it's not as if teams just gave up from game one. Tanking also provided the backbone for Pittsburgh to win 3 Cups and, in a less literal and less strict use, made Toronto what they are today.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The canes had Skinner at 7, Lindy at 5, Hanifin at 5, Fleury at 7. Svechnikov at 2.

They’ve had their fair share of high picks. If you don’t develop them right and then trade them away it doesn’t matter whether you tank or not.

Reactions: BHD and AD Skinner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad