Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hold on, are you saying Gaudreau isn't a top 5 winger in the NHL?
How can you possibly deny the fact that Lindholm was trash in Carolina? Did they force him to suck? The guy isn't without talent, clearly, but he is a passenger. He should just shut his mouth and be happy about his current circumstances.

And Monahan is generational too right? No, he's carried by Gaudreau too? Lol, ok bud, guess Gaudreau>Mcdavid 100%. But I'm sure you haven't watched our games anyway. Wasn't William karlsson a scrub in Columbus too? Maybe don't player your future star winger with the likes of Jordan Staal and Derek Ryan and expect magic to happen.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There are unspoken rules, even if you dont think there should be. If you dont follow them , you will get a reaction. If booing a player would be totally ok, or the mock, there would be no reaction at any side of the fence. And uptight fans buy tickets too. So they have the right to be uptight.

"Also, the reports of booing and "on him all game" are vastly exaggerated in this thread"
This might be true of that i do not know.
But if a player gets booed without any real reason in a " Welcome back home cermony" . Those fans are stupid and there is no talking out of that. Uptight or not.

Meh. Thing is, you are saying "without any real reason" without knowing their reasons. Neither you, nor I know the reasons another fan boos, so it's presumptuous for you to say they are stupid, classless, etc.. Especially since you weren't at the game and didn't observe it so you are clearly making statements based on a minimal amount of information. Maybe they met Lindholm while he played hear and Lindholm was rude to them. Maybe they are pissed that the guy didn't live up to his potential here only to find it elsewhere. Maybe they were hoping to get under his skin and affect his play. Who know? There could be a bunch of reasons.

Just because a team decides to play some silly tribute to some players that weren't really that great while they were here, doesn't mean a fan needs to fall in line. If you or others want to be uptight about it, then fine.

And to be clear, I hold no ill will to Lindy. Liked him in Carolina and have no problem with him mocking the clap. Good for him.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
hurricanes fans when lindholm mocks them after booing him all game

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Maybe play your skilled player with other skilled players? With how canes fans talk about these two, you'd think they were generational and lindholm is leeching off of them for easy points.

Lindholm didn't look anything more than a promising young player with potential until early 2017, by which point Eric Staal was gone and the team was rebuilding. Their only "talent" was Jeff Skinner, with whom Peters never paired Lindholm because he preferred to use Lindy as a two way guy while Skinner got heavily sheltered minutes due to his defensive issues.

In retrospect, it does seem Lindholm was making Jordan Staal look much better than he actually is, since this is Jordan's worst year in the sightless eye to date, AINEC.

And Monahan is generational too right?
Hurricanes group of centers in 16-17 and 17-18: Jordan Staal, Derek Ryan, Victor Rask. Monahan is Mario Lemieux compared to these guys. At least Staal is (was?) a defensive beast.

Reactions: AD Skinner

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Absolutely loved it when I saw it. Those cringeworthy antics belong in the kid-friendly AHL/ECHL. Not the highest of all professional leagues.

I'd love to see a visiting team win and do one of those silly exhibitions as well. Perhaps then it can stop.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
That's awesome. If the Canes are gonna do those ridiculous immature celebrations, then they better be open to criticism and mocking.

I hate the Flames, but love them for this !!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You honestly think this was the players idea?

Considering that Justin Williams has said it was his idea, and other players on the team have backed that up, yes, I do.

Williams was around when the Canes were actually good, and when the fanbase wasn't dealing with a decade-long playoff drought. He said he knew what the fanbase could be like when given a reason to cheer, so he came up with the post-game celebrations as a way to connect with the fanbase. Suggested it to the front office and to his teammates, all of which agreed to try it out.

There's no secret conspiracy, directed from Dundon himself, despite the repeated claims otherwise. Just a former player trying to re-energize a fanbase that's got a whole lot of losing fatigue.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Just because a team decides to play some silly tribute to some players that weren't really that great while they were here, doesn't mean a fan needs to fall in line. If you or others want to be uptight about it, then fine.

It is called respect, they can boo him rest of his life, not during the silly tribute. The silly tribute is not for the fans. I am not against booing other teams players, boo on, that is your wepon. But not during tributes from your own team.

This might not have been the case this time. But if, those few fans are stupid. And they paid to be.

kungfugazi

Sorgoi Foderev
Nov 11, 2018
QC
I love it all. It's a shame they don't meet again this season, because that would have been interesting to see. While I don't think the players care much about it, I'm sure there would have been a little extra something in the building.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
It’s a lame attempt at mockery. Had no originality or support. If anything, it was more cringeworthy than Carolina’s celebrations.

You've got to be joking. Why don't you take a look at both of the ''cellys'' and tell us all which one is more cringeworthy.

I'll give you a hint; it's not the one you mentioned.:laugh:

Lindholm celly after a win...

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
You honestly think this was the players idea?

Yes. Our captain and "Mr. Game 7" Justin Williams came up with the post game celebration idea.

Lindholm said he was glad to get out of carolina aka career killer team.

Some players are happy to be a part of the problem.
Other players want to be a part of the solution.
If he truly said this, I know which group he belongs to.....

Carolina can be a great place to play. All we need is a competitive team. We'll never pull 23k like Chicago does, but we could realistically pull 17k+. We did last time we iced a competitive product and made the post season (2009).

17K+ would put us "in the company" of several respectable hockey markets (Rangers, Sabres, Blues, Bruins). Fans just need some value for their entertainment dollar, something totally lacking for the past 10 seasons.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Man was booed in a tribute video, wasn’t a known asshole in Carolina and has never said anything bad about the organization in his interviews in Calgary.

If fans want to be dicks about it, the man has a right to be a dick right back. He owes nothing to them or the organization anymore.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
Absolutely loved it when I saw it. Those cringeworthy antics belong in the kid-friendly AHL/ECHL. Not the highest of all professional leagues.

I'd love to see a visiting team win and do one of those silly exhibitions as well. Perhaps then it can stop.

Carolina's marketing and in game production are 100% kid-oriented. The jumbotron and the crowd chant "cheaters never win" whenever opposing players take a penalty, they show dancing kids whenever there's a break in play, and so on.

I have no issue with the post-game celebrations. It gets people in the seats in a non-traditional market. Better do ridiculous things that the fans love than to play in front of an empty arena like Florida. If you're gonna celebrate like that, you gotta be prepared to get it back though

I also love that Lindholm did that celebration. He got booed during the welcome back announcement on the jumbotron and then when they announced his name after he scored. He took the full heel turn, just adds to the entertainment.

BTW what is it with Hurricanes fans and booing innocents? Flames fans had a standing ovation for Ferland and Hamilton when they came back, and the Hurricanes boo their returning players and coach? They didn't even make a video for them. They also booed the refs for calling the game by the rulebook, and I remember them booing last year when they hit the post against the Flames, the goal horn guy thought it was in, and the Flames scored going up the ice the other way. Perfectly good hockey play... Guess they just like booing? :huh:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Not very respectfull by Lindholm. Even if its in jest, got to be some bad blood between him and the Canes

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Not very respectfull by Lindholm. Even if its in jest, got to be some bad blood between him and the Canes
even if there is bad blood between him and Canes organization, he should not be engaging the fans after the game mocking them.

If he just did it in front of CAR bench it would have been different. The guy kept looking at the crowd seeking reaction.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Carolina's marketing and in game production are 100% kid-oriented. The jumbotron and the crowd chant "cheaters never win" whenever opposing players take a penalty

That's from a group of season ticket holders in the upper deck who have been doing it for more than 10 years. The front office caught on about...4-5 years ago?

They didn't even make a video for them.

Yes, they did.

They also booed the refs for calling the game by the rulebook

lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Unless the crowd was really nasty and personal during the game, I'm not sure why he's rubbing it in on the fans.

They are not the reason he got shipped.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
You've got to be joking. Why don't you take a look at both of the ''cellys'' and tell us all which one is more cringeworthy.

I'll give you a hint; it's not the one you mentioned.:laugh:

Lindholm celly after a win...

I don’t know man. If something is cringy, mocking it is even cringier.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The fans who like the after games celebrations by the canes should have no problem with him doing that, he is having fun and showing personality.

Reactions: Vesperia

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
That's from a group of season ticket holders in the upper deck who have been doing it for more than 10 years. The front office caught on about...4-5 years ago?

Ah, so that's where that comes from, i stand corrected

Yes, they did.

Was it before the game? I only saw they listed their names on the jumbotron.

They were booing clear trips and high sticks... I mean reffing wasn't the best part of that game but they also weren't the worst imo and certainly not the reason the canes lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad