Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Agreed. Loved those guys during their time here and I hope they do well in the future, but you guys need to get over it and move on.

People on this board be like

I98cLyK.jpg

Not gonna lie, I thought the two in blue were the same face at passing glance. I didn't realize it was Lindholm.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I haven't watched Pulju much. He's two years younger than Sam and hasn't exactly cemented himself at the NHL level. He's a RW, Sam's a LW/C. The Flames had/have two guys higher in the depth chart at LW/C that Sam can't/couldn't beat out in his first years with the Flames. Now he plays a pretty darned good 200 ft. game. Needs to learn to score at this level though. I still wouldn't trade him.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
There is a 99% chance that Bennett for Pulju would be helping the Flames rather than the Oilers.

Man that would be a lot of unrealized tools in one trade haha. Personally not super enamored with Puljujarvi, don't like the way he competes, don't like his puck skills, don't like the way he processes the game, and I don't like his total lack of assertiveness in the offensive zone. Still young obviously but those are things that are kind of hard to fix, he does shoot and skate well though.

I know people are sick of hearing this but give Bennett some more time, he just turned 22. Hanifin and Lindholm have had unspectacular careers as top 5 picks up until now as well. Maybe better than Sam, but the main reason people are up on their potential and down on Bennett's is because they're new. Don't get me wrong this is a big year for Bennett, but tonight is only game 4 under Peters and I'm already seeing some encouraging things. Hasn't taken a penalty yet :D

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Man that would be a lot of unrealized tools in one trade haha. Personally not super enamored with Puljujarvi, don't like the way he competes, don't like his puck skills, don't like the way he processes the game, and I don't like his total lack of assertiveness in the offensive zone. Still young obviously but those are things that are kind of hard to fix, he does shoot and skate well though.

I know people are sick of hearing this but give Bennett some more time, he just turned 22. Hanifin and Lindholm have had unspectacular careers as top 5 picks up until now as well. Maybe better than Sam, but the main reason people are up on their potential and down on Bennett's is because they're new. Don't get me wrong this is a big year for Bennett, but tonight is only game 4 under Peters and I'm already seeing some encouraging things. Hasn't taken a penalty yet :D

Has drawn at least one too.
There's still time on him. Ryan Kesler wasn't an impact NHL'er until his D+5. Still think Bennett follows that projection.

Reactions: Nanuuk

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

It's certainly fair not to be enamoured with Puljujarvi, and Bennett does have some good traits he's carried throughout his career (speed and tenacity being the major ones), but he followed an okay rookie season with two straight seasons of struggling, so we're on the road to it becoming a track record rather than a developmental path (see guys like Sam Gagner as examples of what I'm talking about).

I don't think there's a wrong answer to "should the Flames keep or trade Sam Bennett", because he does still have a chance to become a top six player, just as he has a chance of stagnating as a mediocre third liner. The discussion is really dependent on when it becomes too late to cut bait, or if that thought process even needs to occur. I personally think we're in the last few months of him having any significant trade value in the event that he does get traded, assuming he doesn't break out in a big way (in which case he wouldn't get traded).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Inquiring about a player happens literally all the time. I bet there have been plenty of teams that have asked about guys who haven't got going like Ho-Sang, Puljujarvi or Nick Ritchie

This is a non-story and Friedman is just trying to plant a seed since there's nothing else in the rumour mill

No it’s not. The broadcasters from the Fan are literally sitting with the Flames at the draft table. They obviously do not get details to the conversations, but for sure they can see first hand if something is going.

Anyways the whole point to this is to illustrate that the Flames still value Bennett quite highly and as @Volica stated, they won’t be giving him away.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
as a team, we are also 7th overall in FO%
Can't find the tweet right now but we're above 50% on draws right now and the last time we finished above 50% on draws was with 08-09 or something like 03, can't remember what the tweet said but it's been a long time since we were over 50%.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Can't find the tweet right now but we're above 50% on draws right now and the last time we finished above 50% on draws was with 08-09 or something like 03, can't remember what the tweet said but it's been a long time since we were over 50%.
After a quick peek on NHL.com.... last time we were over 50% was 2008-09, we were 51.3%.... last time we were over 53% (we are currently 53.2) was 2002-03

Reactions: FlamerForLife

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Talentless face puncher

I hope he scores 50 and gets a huge contract that someone can't afford. Go Ferly Go!!:pcheer::pcheer::pcheer:

As an addendum Ferly was only going to be in Calgary for one more season. We have Lindholm and Hanafin locked up for 6. No slight on Ferly but Lindholm is going to be better if he isn't already and Hanafin works with our Defense set-up way better than Hamilton. It is okay for both sides to win in a trade.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ferland is certainly doing great so far this season (4 goals in 7 games).
However, let me remind everyone that last year in the first 42 games he scored 19 goals and then in the next 35 he scored 2.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ferland is certainly doing great so far this season (4 goals in 7 games).
However, let me remind everyone that last year in the first 42 games he scored 19 goals and then in the next 35 he scored 2.
That's what he does, he scores in bunches. Even those 19 goals in the first half, saw him score just 2 in the first 10 games. He did the same thing the year prior, had a hot stretch and then cooled off. His inconsistency is very David Moss-ish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad