Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I think there will be better times to judge than right this second, but if it stays this way it'll be pretty close.

Guy better be a playoff superstar or I don't see it. He's like the Tin Man once the cold hit him. His point totals are ridiculous too, he is barely getting by in 8-5 wins and putting up fluff points.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
I think Neal is a guy that would really benefit from playing more often on a line with Chucky and his playmaking ability. The 3rd forward spot on Tkachuk and Backlund's line has been a bit of a revolving door the last season+ and those two have shown that you can throw almost anyone in with them and the two don't miss a beat.

However, the team is kind of in a "not broke; don't fix it" situation with regards to scoring right now, so I guess it makes the most sense to leave him where he is and hope he shakes off the slump on his own.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I think Neal is a guy that would really benefit from playing more often on a line with Chucky and his playmaking ability. The 3rd forward spot on Tkachuk and Backlund's line has been a bit of a revolving door the last season+ and those two have shown that you can throw almost anyone in with them and the two don't miss a beat.

However, the team is kind of in a "not broke; don't fix it" situation with regards to scoring right now, so I guess it makes the most sense to leave him where he is and hope he shakes off the slump on his own.

I think the biggest problem there is that suddenly you have two guys who can't win a footrace on your shutdown line. Peters really seems to like putting fast or at least average skaters on the b right side there (e.g. Bennett, Czarnik, Frolik).

I would really like to see Dube get a solid stretch in that spot. He's fast, capable defensively and routinely generates the most chances of anyone on our fourth line.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

He is too slow to even keep up and Tkachuk is no speedster.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk has gotten quicker but his foot speed isn’t an issue because he’s always in the right place. But Neal and Backs do not fit. Dube would be really interesting on that line but really, Bennett is the best fit.

Reactions: Janks

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but I'd be thrilled if the Flames re-acquired Ferly in exchange for Neal and another player. Then re-sign Ferly. and use the difference in the contract amount for Rittich. I'm not sure if Tre could pick the Canes pockets one more time or not.

LOL, their GM's name is Don Waddell, not Ben Dover. The dude isn't a glutton for punishment.

When the trade was announced, there was a lot of argument, but both teams felt it was fair. Now, it's just a complete crater on Carolina's side. Metaphorically, like paying for our purchase with all our Bitcoin when it was trading at all time highs. At the time, I mentioned that Tre sold high on all 3 of those players and bought low on Hanifin and Lindholm. I didn't expect that the trade would continue to swing so wildly in our favour.

I still think we keep Neal. He reminds me of a 4 leaf clover. There's just something about him that's eating away at me and making me think something along the lines of how he's a glue in the dressing room in the same way Ference was.

Plus I think once Neal wakes up, there will be a happy feast of crow.

But back on topic...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nanuuk

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Dougie has 3+1 in his last 3 games btw

Good. I want to see Hamilton and Ferland do well. It does not bode well if Treliving is slaughtering other GMs in trades. No one will ever trade with him again, or will only trade with him if he pays a huge premium to get the trade done. Kinda like the Lazar for a 2nd deal, which I believe part of the value of that trade was a "sorry, my bad" to Ottawa for Sieloff destroying MacArthur and we getting great mileage out of Chiasson.

I think when this trade was consummated, that was the case. Fox was that premium to get the trade done. Now, even with that premium, we're in resounding win territory. I think we need the values to be close when Tre pulls the trigger on trades he needs to get done (ie: Goalie). Afterwards, resounding win for all I care and blame the other org for screwing up the value themselves.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good. I want to see Hamilton and Ferland do well. It does not bode well if Treliving is slaughtering other GMs in trades. No one will ever trade with him again, or will only trade with him if he pays a huge premium to get the trade done. Kinda like the Lazar for a 2nd deal, which I believe part of the value of that trade was a "sorry, my bad" to Ottawa for Sieloff destroying MacArthur and we getting great mileage out of Chiasson.

I think when this trade was consummated, that was the case. Fox was that premium to get the trade done. Now, even with that premium, we're in resounding win territory. I think we need the values to be close when Tre pulls the trigger on trades he needs to get done (ie: Goalie). Afterwards, resounding win for all I care and blame the other org for screwing up the value themselves.

People still traded with Yzerman, and he always came out looking really ahead in his deals.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Dougie has 3+1 in his last 3 games btw

Good for Dougie. I never see a reason to hate on former players. He had his faults but he was good for us and from what I saw, liked Calgary.

That being said, having Hanifin really benefits us in terms of pairings. Hanifin definitely holds his own on the second pairing which gives us the Brodano pairing again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad