Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I was hesitant to trade Hamilton alone for Lindholm and Hanifin and now we included Ferland and Fox too, I just don't like this trade, feel like we should be getting more back.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Ferland, Hamilton and Fox?

PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I thought it was fair with Hamilton alone. I'm not crazy about the value we got here. But some guys on this board are very high on these two Carolina players, so hopefully this can be a good deal for us.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
I'm hot/cold on this. LOVE the players coming in. Think we gave up a bit too much.
I'm thinking Fox indicated he wasn't gonna sign and there is no guarantee with him. Ferland, eh. Very hot/cold especially when not on the 1st line.

Seems like a locker room shakeup as well.

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
I was dead-set against trading Dougie for anything short of a massive overpayment from the start, but even I wasn't prepared for how much I'd truly hate this deal.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not good enough.

200w.webp

More 1st round underachievers. This god damn team man...

40pt forward for a 40pt forward and a proven 1st pairing stud for a guy who might be that. And we throw in a A prospect.

2 steps forward 3 steps back. As is tradition.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
ferland is a 3rd liner at best without JG and monahan. i like the trade, linholm is worth much more than ferland and fox, and while hamilton is worth much more than hanifin, hanifin is still young and can/should close the gap

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't like this trade for three reasons.

1. Lindholm hasn't completely figured it out under Peters. So we acquire him to play under Peters.
2. I don't think Ferland was ever a solution for our top line RW but including him in his deal means that we don't fix our deplorable RW depth.
3. We give up the best player and the most players for two guys who may or may not reach their potential

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is Treliving putting his belief in Bennett and Brodie.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett
???-Jankowski-Frolik
Lazar-Shore-Brouwer

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kulak-Stone/Andersson

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I disagree with Fox being considered an A prospect, because of the very real possibility that he turned into a free agent and gave us nothing.

But that said, I feel like given we were giving up the best player in the draft and acquiring a guy who clearly wasn't going to sign there, we should've gotten better value.

Now, that said, if we find out that there was locker-room discord and Ham-slice was going to leave regardless, then it's hard not to view this as the right move.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really nothing left to do other than hope Bill Peters knows exactly what the f*** he's talking about. If Lindholm doesn't hit 55+ next year this trade is an auto loss.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

So judging by this tweet, get the sense that Fox was never going to sign here, which makes his inclusion easier to bare with, as of now I don't like the trade still but I hope the players prove me wrong and make me eat crow this season.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I like the trade, except for the Ferland bit. If lindholm doesn’t develop immediate chemistry with the top line, this is going to be a long season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad