Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Honestly, I'm over the trade. Dougie and Ferly are there, Elias and Noah are here. I don't wish the former players any ill-will, but my give a **** about those players regarding what they say and do, is at zero. It's time to move on and cheer for our guys.

I'm rooting for Ferland though. Always have loved his story. I wish nothing but the best for him. Hamilton, I'm different towards him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'm rooting for Ferland though. Always have loved his story. I wish nothing but the best for him. Hamilton, I'm different towards him.
I'm still a big fan of both of them (as you said, Ferland's story is a great one of overcoming adversity). Dougie was great with the photobombing, and I'm sure at least a handful of people on an Internet forum can relate to being an introverted nerd.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm still a big fan of both of them (as you said, Ferland's story is a great one of overcoming adversity). Dougie was great with the photobombing, and I'm sure at least a handful of people on an Internet forum can relate to being an introverted nerd.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Honestly, I'm over the trade. Dougie and Ferly are there, Elias and Noah are here. I don't wish the former players any ill-will, but my give a **** about those players regarding what they say and do, is at zero. It's time to move on and cheer for our guys.

Agreed. Loved those guys during their time here and I hope they do well in the future, but you guys need to get over it and move on.

People on this board be like

I98cLyK.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Minus that particular piece, for sure (and I realize physicality is a substantial part of Gio's game). But the offensive instincts and the way Valimaki moves is very Gio-like (thus far) in my opinion.
Call me crazy, but I would rather them be a young Valimaki, young Hanifin and young Andersson. Sure, there may be similarities to their games as other veteran players, but once we attach a "young star player" to someone, it increases expectations and makes it near impossible for them to be reached. Not too long ago we had a "young Doug Gilmour", I have no doubt being attached to Gilmour raised expectations of both him and the fanbase, which makes his current struggles probably more difficult.

Reactions: tmurfin

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Call me crazy, but I would rather them be a young Valimaki, young Hanifin and young Andersson. Sure, there may be similarities to their games as other veteran players, but once we attach a "young star player" to someone, it increases expectations and makes it near impossible for them to be reached. Not too long ago we had a "young Doug Gilmour", I have no doubt being attached to Gilmour raised expectations of both him and the fanbase, which makes his current struggles probably more difficult.
That's a fair pont to make, but I'll call you crazy anyway since you suggested it. :D

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This trade is paying off for both teams.

Ferland has 5 points in 4 games.
Dougie has 2 points in 4 games, being used as a 4D.
Carolina's 3-0-1

Lindholm has 4 points in 3 games.
Hanifin has 1 point 3 games, being used as a 3D.
Calgary's 2-1-0

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
This trade is paying off for both teams.

Ferland has 5 points in 4 games.
Dougie has 2 points in 4 games, being used as a 4D.
Carolina's 3-0-1

Lindholm has 4 points in 3 games.
Hanifin has 1 point 3 games, being used as a 3D.
Calgary's 2-1-0

How Adam Fox does on his first semester midterm exams at Harvard will be the deciding factor

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Hanifin toe-dragged guys at the blueline twice tonight. He's young Gio.
When Hanifin toe-dragged on the blueline that time, I actually thought it was Gio that did it because it actually seemed like a Gio move, then I realized it was Hanifin.

Awesome game by the duo that came from the trade. Couldn't be any more happier with how they adjusted. Especially having Lindholm on the top line takes a significant burden of puck carrying that Johnny has to do.

Two very good looking guys as well!

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
At the time of the draft, I actually wanted Lindholm over Monahan. I'm obviously in hindsight glad we took Monahan, but I'm beyond happy to have Lindholm here now too

Reactions: tmurfin and Cyrano

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It was just discussed here that Bennett was at least talked about being in the Hamilton deal. I remember hearing earlier that Carolina initially wanted him.

Elliotte Friedman talks a possible Sam Bennett trade, Eugene Melynk and the Leafs hot start - Sportsnet.ca

Yeah.
You have to figure teams were just adding Benny and Valimaki to deals just because. Like you build a structure, and then it's like "Okay we got x, y, z, and Bennett, right?".

The way they spoke about the deal made it sound like Flames are willing to move on from Benny. But not for a song. A struggling player for struggling player would be the move Calgary would look at.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Inquiring about a player happens literally all the time. I bet there have been plenty of teams that have asked about guys who haven't got going like Ho-Sang, Puljujarvi or Nick Ritchie

This is a non-story and Friedman is just trying to plant a seed since there's nothing else in the rumour mill

Reactions: Janks

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Inquiring about a player happens literally all the time. I bet there have been plenty of teams that have asked about guys who haven't got going like Ho-Sang, Puljujarvi or Nick Ritchie

This is a non-story and Friedman is just trying to plant a seed since there's nothing else in the rumour mill

A Jesse Puljujarvi for Sam Bennett trade makes a lot of sense honestly :laugh:

Bennett is a friend of McDavid's, he's got speed, grit and a leader. Would probably flourish there.

Jesse hasn't found chemistry with anyone in Edmonton. But he's a big Right wing, right shot that Calgary could easily bridge for another few seasons until we can find a spot for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad