Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Does anyone remember which thread that Hanifin or Lindholm Dogge tweet was?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If you think Ferland is the better player, I'm not sure you've seen Wilson play. That said, it's a ****ing terrible contract

Yeah I said "may". Ferland put up better numbers and for 5% of the time he did look like an allstar (score, hit, fight). I can see his lawyer put up some good argument in front of an arbitrator lol

But you are right, Wilson does everything else better.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah I said "may". Ferland put up better numbers and for 5% of the time he did look like an allstar (score, hit, fight). I can see his lawyer put up some good argument in front of an arbitrator lol

But you are right, Wilson does everything else better.
Wilson literally does everything but score goals better and doesn't disappear when his offense dries up, unlike Ferland

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
As bad as that deal is, players like Ferland and Wilson are really important come playoff time. Facing a guy that can hit like them seven times in a row can really become intimidating. It’s why the Ducks/Kings are such good playoff teams. It’s not like Washington ever has trouble making the playoffs.

If Ferland scores 20 even strength goals again he will get this type of contract.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think both teams got what they wanted from the deal. So as of today it’s a win win. But who knows what Fox is going to do and if Ferland scores 30 this year, teams will be throwing way more money at him than he’s worth. I love Ferly and he’s a good player, but I feel like he’s going to have a Glencross type of career. Dougie is an elite dman, but I am glad he’s gone because of what he did to our locker room.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Lindholm is a way more dynamic player than Ferly was. The only thing that Calgary lost was a bit of physicality. The direction Tre has chose to move with the focus on speed makes Lindholm the better player in Calgary.

Hanafin is already better than Hamilton in regards to defensive play and from what I see Hanfin's is way more capable in regards to play-making. The only thing Hanafin does not have that Hamilton did is the scoring ability. I think points wise Hanafin and Hamilton will be in the same ball park so it could end up being a wash. Most importantly though with Brodie moving to the first pair Gio is way more dangerous and defensively the pairing is way stronger.

Carolina is doing well thus far and I have a suspicion that Dougie has taken all the events of the past to heart and is becoming a better player not only on the ice but in the locker room. I wish him the best but any improvements in Dougies game moving forward are likely the result of him getting the message of 2 trades at such a young age. This happens in young players. Look no further than Seguin after he was moved to Dallas or Hall being moved to the Devils.

Fox was never signing in Calgary so he has no real value in the trade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hope it is a win for both teams in the long run. When you make a blockbuster a day it makes both teams better, it just makes other teams more likely to deal with you.

I've also had a soft spot for the Hurricanes, so its be nice to see them have some success.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah Brodie looks great out there. Him and Gio know exactly where the other guy will be
Agreed. If Gio/Brodie can be as good as Gio/Hamilton, then Hanifin a day Harmonic only need to be better than Harmonic/Brodie were last year and we're looking great for our top 4

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I hope it is a win for both teams in the long run. When you make a blockbuster a day it makes both teams better, it just makes other teams more likely to deal with you.

I've also had a soft spot for the Hurricanes, so its be nice to see them have some success.

Me too. Partly because of CI but also because I like their roster.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Me too. Partly because of CI but also because I like their roster.
I've liked the Canes since I had a gf from the Raleigh area back in the day (just before their first run to the finals, with Irbe)

But yeah, it'd be great for CI to see some success as a fan. I know he was was speechless when it came to this trade (not in a good way), which as you know for him seems impossible

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad