Rumor: Eklund: Habs Have Talks with Edmonton Regarding Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Edmonton would trade Eberle for Eller and Beaulieu ? Really ? They want to trade Eberle to have less skills and more grit/experience/leadership IMO. So Eller and Beaulieu are not the best for them.

They need a guy like Jagr. I know it will not happen, but that's an exemple.

I bursted out laughing when I read this part... Jagr is on his last year and does not have a contract at the end of the year, there's no way he could even fetch a 2nd round pick at the deadline.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Eberle would be interesting... The price would probably be too high though. If we can get him for something around Beaulieu + DD that would be cool. Trading Eller would make absolutely no sense though.

Lmao at the poster who suggested we trade Eller+ Beaulieu and went on to say our 3rd line would be Bourque-Galch-Weise :laugh::laugh:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
One of the better, 30 goal scoring RWs you're not interested in?

Or dont want because you'd have to pay a hefty price ?

for me it's both.

do we need a high skilled RW? yes. the better question is: do we need highly skilled floater that can't play defense and if his career and the many coaches he's been through are any indication, doesn't seem to be willing to learn to play defense. that, we can do without

beaulieu we can't trade away as we don't have any highend puck movers in hamilton besides nygren who hasn't shown much yet. tinordi i see as more expendable as i think pateryn can replace both his offense, his defense, and his physicality.

still think that trading either would be a mistake, but you gotta give to get and before realizing how much floating eberle does, was absolutely in love with him. you can still make the argument that eberle would thrive in the east though.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Eberle would be interesting... The price would probably be too high though. If we can get him for something around Beaulieu + DD that would be cool. Trading Eller would make absolutely no sense though.

Lmao at the poster who suggested we trade Eller+ Beaulieu and went on to say our 3rd line would be Bourque-Galch-Weise :laugh::laugh:

It's hilarious but then you remember who our coach is.

Trade Eller for Eberle
+
Put Eberle on the first line with DD & Patch
+
Send Galchenyuk to the third line
=
The most Therrien thing ever

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not worried that this might happen. Doesn't seem like a Bergevin move to me and Ek gonna Ek.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I trust Bergevin a lot now a days. If he's doing a trade with Edmonton he's winning it. What makes people think Edmonton's fail management would pull one over on us? Imo Bergevin identified a management group that he's capable of scamming in a trade, and he's probably doing anything in his power to make that trade happen before that management gets sacked :laugh:

If it's Eberle it's probably because Bergevin inquired about Yakupov and made an offer, to which they declined and countered with Eberle.

I think Eberle would be the better target tbh. But I know I'm in the minority.

Eller, Beaulieu + 2nd probably. Can't see them taking Bourque.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why would Edmonton want DD?
Didn't say they'd be interested in DD, I said he's the center we'd more likely move.
He's the only center we have that could be replaced internally without a set back (assuming we'd get Eberle).
It doesn't make sense but it's the most likely scenario since we'll NEVER EVER EVER trade DD.

And I agree, we're not getting Eberle.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't think too many people ever thought Gorges was going to be moved, especially not for such a cheap return.
I don't think Bergevin is the type to make an unpopular decision even though it's a pretty obvious one.
I'm pretty sure he's not satisfied with DD running a go-to offensive line and they started putting Galy with Max in camp. So it's only a matter of time imo before DD is moved. He might become a winger, or center a 2nd line while getting less opportunities, but I don't think he's going to keep centering Max for very long.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
for me it's both.

do we need a high skilled RW? yes. the better question is: do we need highly skilled floater that can't play defense and if his career and the many coaches he's been through are any indication, doesn't seem to be willing to learn to play defense. that, we can do without

beaulieu we can't trade away as we don't have any highend puck movers in hamilton besides nygren who hasn't shown much yet. tinordi i see as more expendable as i think pateryn can replace both his offense, his defense, and his physicality.

still think that trading either would be a mistake, but you gotta give to get and before realizing how much floating eberle does, was absolutely in love with him. you can still make the argument that eberle would thrive in the east though.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't put much weight on how things went down in that Edmonton zoo. Eberle is a great RW. You do not have the same attitude playing in EDM, following the crap show, and playing on our Mtl team.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Fair enough, but I wouldn't put much weight on how things went down in that Edmonton zoo. Eberle is a great RW. You do not have the same attitude playing in EDM, following the crap show, and playing on our Mtl team.

peer pressure is a wonderful thing indeed

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Not worried that this might happen. Doesn't seem like a Bergevin move to me and Ek gonna Ek.

Agreed. From what we know of Bergevin, Eberle is not his type of player and MB also values depth on defense so I don't really see any of Tinordi or Beaulieu leaving any time soon.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'm not so sure about that. I don't think too many people ever thought Gorges was going to be moved, especially not for such a cheap return.
I don't think Bergevin is the type to make an unpopular decision even though it's a pretty obvious one.
I'm pretty sure he's not satisfied with DD running a go-to offensive line and they started putting Galy with Max in camp. So it's only a matter of time imo before DD is moved. He might become a winger, or center a 2nd line while getting less opportunities, but I don't think he's going to keep centering Max for very long.
That's your opinion and I respect it. DD is here to stay, at least until next season. I'm sorry if you don't like it. That post made you sound like the typical DD hater.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Eberle would block Scherbak like DD is blocking Galchenyuk. Although, we could get Edmonton to take DD in some sort of package....
Eberle is disaster in his own end. Maybe close to Vanek bad or even Briefed bad. Unlike Eakins, Therrien--rightfully--doesn't gives these players such a long leash if they refuse to put the effort in.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Wrong no PPG player can declassified to being unidimensional.

All offense and zero defense. If offense and defense are considered as dimensions, then it is quite possible for the player to only be good at offense and not be good at D. A guy like Getzlaf is a force at all three ends of the ice and on both special teams units. Eberle doesn't even come close to that.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Eberle would block Scherbak like DD is blocking Galchenyuk. Although, we could get Edmonton to take DD in some sort of package....
Eberle is disaster in his own end. Maybe close to Vanek bad or even Briefed bad. Unlike Eakins, Therrien--rightfully--doesn't gives these players such a long leash if they refuse to put the effort in.

To me he seems like the type of player who can be coached though, and I think people underestimate how much better a guy like that can look with a bit of structure.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Would love to see Yakupov in Montreal with his post game interview:

"We win Boston, Montreal better Boston. Wonderful rink, 21 thousand peoples, we beat Boston."

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why are Eklund threads even being allowed? :shakehead

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Eberle would be nice but if the Oil deal him it's not for cast-offs, they'll want something to help change their team identity to get grittier now - we just don't have very much of that to offer/spare, I could live with Eller moving West but no to anything involving Gallagher or Tinordi - maybe to Beaulieu but really can't see the Oil wanting another J Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad