Rumor: Eklund: Habs Have Talks with Edmonton Regarding Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Wild guess but we are probly trading Beaulieu along Eller.

Eller + Beaulieu for Eberle and a pick or B level prospect

But... But... Who will replace Markov...?!

Also, Eller playing for a junior team is hilarious

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We could use a guy like him but from reading the trade rumors board I feel like the price would be too hefty. If he's still available at the trade-deadline, maybe we should be active on that front.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What the Oilers might want assuming they have good management:

Eller, Plekanec, Moen, Prust, Tokarski, Bournival, Emelin, Tinordi, Beaulieu

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
I still feel we need another top 6 forward desperately. We have a couple no shows up front we been expecting better things from, specifically Eller. He was drafted with the thought of contributing some offensive punch, but he's turning into a grinder role and time is ticking with this guy. How may grinders do you need ?.

Patch's isn't the type of player you can count on game to game. He will disappear in stretches. If MB is truly looking to add someone like Eberle, its a smart move and doing the right thing.

I am happy with the Habs fast start. At the same time you can only play from behind so many times before it catches up with you, and squeaking out wins. I just don't feel we have enough offensive power as of yet. Another solid D-man down the road isn't a bad idea either.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
What the Oilers might want assuming they have good management:

Eller, Plekanec, Moen, Prust, Tokarski, Bournival, Emelin, Tinordi, Beaulieu
Plekanec should be untouchable at this point. Even Emelin and Eller and Prust all add something we will need if we make the playoffs. That leaves Tinordi or Beaulieu, and we would probably have to add. That's the only way this can happen.

I would wait.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Shocked nobody said Fucale yet.

Oilers need a goalie.

Eberle for Fucale +

Not a bad point. If we still had Budaj in this system I'd say Tokarski is a likely target,but... Yea, Fucale + a D + a veteran like Moen or Borque would probably get something done.

Apr 28, 2010
Shocked nobody said Fucale yet.

Oilers need a goalie.

Eberle for Fucale +

Nobody mentioned Fucale because he is still a kid. The Oilers want someone who can play now. Their team is already full of kids, last thing they need is a young goalie, lol. They need experienced players badly.

It's crazy how this came up though. I've been thinking about trading for Eberle for a week or two now. Just not sure who to give up. It'll be hefty for sure.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Eberle? Nah! Get Malkin for Sekac, Beaulieu, and Tokarski, and a second and get to the SCF. If necessary, offer Fucale instead. The Penguins don't have another Cup in them. They doubt their goaltender, their forward lines lack cohesion, and their D is suspect. Why would the Penguins accept that package? For one thing, look at Malkin's contract.

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
If true, it's probably for Eller + Beaulieu or Tinordi. I don't mind losing Eller but losing Beaulieu/Tinordi would suck... If I had to choose, I'd rather keep Tinordi.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
If true, it's probably for Eller + Beaulieu or Tinordi. I don't mind losing Eller but losing Beaulieu/Tinordi would suck... If I had to choose, I'd rather keep Tinordi.

Beaulieu + Eller would be a package I can live with.

We're on the same page, PB :)

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
For Tinordi or Beaulieu? All day.

Could they possibly be asking for Emelin? They really need D that are ready to play full time minutes now.

Subban is out of the question
Markov is too old
Gilbert... if they wanted him they probably would have just kept him
Tinordi is not a proven top 4 or 6 guy, neither is Beaulieu.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
I don't want to trade either of Beaulieu or Tinordi. Sadly, one would have to go in a deal like this.

I don't think it happens though. And, I don't really have much interest in Eberle. :dunno:

Likewise. The price will be excessive for what you get in return. Plus he's smallish. I'd rather keep the defensive depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad