Rumor: Eklund: Habs Have Talks with Edmonton Regarding Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Still makes me think they're targeting Plekanec or Emelin.

They need veterns, they need D and Draisaitl is not ready to be the #2 C.

The irony is the Oilers are a team that could really use the Gorges/Gionta combo right now haha.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I rather take a chance on Yakupov although Eberle would be pretty sweet.

Say what you want but Yak on this team would be night and day from his time in deadmonton.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Still makes me think they're targeting Plekanec or Emelin.

They need veterns, they need D and Draisaitl is not ready to be the #2 C.

The irony is the Oilers are a team that could really use the Gorges/Gionta combo right now haha.

Both have modified NTCs. NTCs because of Edmonton.

Pricef*

In all seriousness, Montreal NEVER leaks trade information and Edmonton is too chicken to trade one of their top players. So Eklund, like usual is just pulling this out of thin air.

The minute Eklund is mentioned, I must assume BS:)

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Why are Eklund threads even being allowed? :shakehead

Everyone knows how unreliable Eklund is. Most know that 99.9% of his reports haven't even remotely happened. Besides, the title is so vague, it might just be Bergevin calling in to see if Eberle really is up for a possible trade. It's just fun thinking of possibly trading for a high scoring player we could put on our 1st line when we have quite a few players that are playing well and don't want them gone.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Do people really think anyone leaving the Oilers system will put up even remotely similar numbers? Their stats are inflated from not playing defense and playing 20 minutes a night. Plekanec is the only forward who plays 20 minutes in Montreal. Realistically Eberle would be a 50-55 point guy here.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
why is everyone so willing to give Beaulieu. Beaulieu has good size, skates great, and has good PP potential. He needs a bit more seasoning thats all. The only way I do this trade is if Beaulieu and Bork go the other way.

Davebo*

What happened to that one catch-all thread for this crap from eklund?

Those were the days...

PricePkPatch*

Can someone give me a pro scouting assessment of Eberle? Whats his skating, forechecking, board battle and vision?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Everybody that's ******** on Eberle might as well be ******** on Pacioretty. You'd take a second Patches, wouldn't you?

I hope his value is really low and the Oilers are really desperate. I hope their homer fans cry for weeks on the 'less than fair' return Eberle gets.

Though I highly doubt he winds up in Mtl. Habs can't help them with what they need.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's hilarious but then you remember who our coach is.

Trade Eller for Eberle
+
Put Eberle on the first line with DD & Patch
+
Send Galchenyuk to the third line
=
The most Therrien thing ever

Yes and I give thanks every morning he is powerless.
Dudley will nix any of his moronic inklings... :nod:

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
Why is everyone gung ho to trade away our D?

FYI, our D isn't that great to begin with, We are led by a wild card in PK, an aging vet in Markov. Otherwise We have no one that is currently a top 4 type d-man. We should have 3 like that in order to keep up with the best teams in the league. Our future on D is with PK, Tinordi, Bealeau and Emelin. If we dont have them in the next 2 or 3 years we are screwed on D. Have fun trying to get one Via trade.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
Eberle+ Petry for Eller + Markov + Pateryn/Nygren

Galchenyuk-Plekanek-Eberle
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-???-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Moen
Weise

Emelin-Subban
Tinordi-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Weaver

The first two lines are gold, but it weaken the rest.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
There's a logjam at center. Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Eller and Malhotra. Outside Galchenyuk and Plekanec, everyone should be made available in order to get stronger on the wings. Actually, trading one center and putting Galchenyuk to his natural position creates a hole on the wings. We also have some depth at defense.

I'll say it again : the player we should target in Edmonton is Yakupov. He'd fit perfectly. Everything in Edmonton is blown out of proportion right now because the team is mediocre but he's the real deal.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I always laugh when I read all the complaints about Eklund. Yet threads linked to him are always the busiest. :shakehead

Back on topic. I've always liked Eberle, but I can't see a deal between our two teams at the moment.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Eberle would block Scherbak like DD is blocking Galchenyuk. Although, we could get Edmonton to take DD in some sort of package....
Eberle is disaster in his own end. Maybe close to Vanek bad or even Briefed bad. Unlike Eakins, Therrien--rightfully--doesn't gives these players such a long leash if they refuse to put the effort in.

not really. Wouldn't be surprised if Scherbak started his NHL career on the left wing trade or no trade. Especially with the hole that will be created on the left side once Galchenyuk gets moved to center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad