Rumor: Eklund: Habs Have Talks with Edmonton Regarding Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
First,I know it's Eklund. But still... (e4) ->This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved. <-

This from an extremely reliable source. He told me the Canadiens and Oilers have had discussions dating back to the draft in NJ regarding their interest in Jordan Eberle. The Canadiens have continued to stay in touch with Edmonton and over the last week or so the talks have entered "a much more serious level...the most intense to date."

The source called the talks, "About 75% contingent talks, Edmonton is having a ton of those discussions right now."

"The general word around the league is the Oilers have a date in their head and if the team arrives at that date and hasn't improved at all they want to be able to pull the trigger quickly...so they are doing their homework now.

more in the am....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...lks-with-Edmonton-Regarding-Eberle-e4/1/63312

Last edited:

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
If this happens, I could see this working with something around eller and/or tinordi. Edm need D badly and chuckie can finally center his own line.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Eberle's been the scapegoat of Oilers' fans lately. They feel Yakupov is getting a bum rap from coaching while Eberle is getting a free pass despite lapses in his game...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't want to trade either of Beaulieu or Tinordi. Sadly, one would have to go in a deal like this.

I don't think it happens though. And, I don't really have much interest in Eberle. :dunno:

Analyzer*

I don't want to trade either of Beaulieu or Tinordi. Sadly, one would have to go in a deal like this.

I don't think it happens though. And, I don't really have much interest in Eberle. :dunno:

One of the better, 30 goal scoring RWs you're not interested in?

Or dont want because you'd have to pay a hefty price ?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Honestly,

For the first time in a long time we are okay up front.

It is our back end that needs help.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Maybe they need a #1C and a defenseman? :laugh::laugh:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Eller-Eberle

Could be very interesting!

Clearly not going to happen for Desharnais if it does happen and most likely would be Eller. Also, as much as we all want Galchenyuk to play centre, the chemistry him and Pleky are having right would be hard to break up.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
DD+Beaulieu or Tinordi (or whatever you guys consider fair)

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Eberle as the first line :naughty:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Maybe they need a #1C and a defenseman? :laugh::laugh:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Eller-Eberle

Could be very interesting!

Clearly not going to happen for Desharnais if it does happen and most likely would be Eller. Also, as much as we all want Galchenyuk to play centre, the chemistry him and Pleky are having right would be hard to break up.

If there's One team I would bet has zero interest in DD it's the Oilers. They actually need everything else in the world but another soft Top-6 forward. :laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
In all seriousness, Montreal NEVER leaks trade information and Edmonton is too chicken to trade one of their top players. So Eklund, like usual is just pulling this out of thin air.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If there's One team I would bet has zero interest in DD it's the Oilers. They actually need everything else in the world but another soft Top-6 forward. :laugh:

Fine, they can have Bourque & Beaulieu. They get dat playoff grit and scoring and an NHL ready defenseman!

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Oilers have no depth at C... they have Nugent-Hopkins, Draisatl, Arcobello, Gordon, and Acton at C. One injury to Nugent-Hopkins (who's not exactly an iron man) away from catastrophe.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Oilers have no depth at C... they have Nugent-Hopkins, Draisatl, Arcobello, Gordon, and Acton at C. One injury to Nugent-Hopkins (who's not exactly an iron man) away from catastrophe.

Give them DD, package him in a cute little bow and a picture of Pacioretty. Add one of Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Ive got a better idea.

Trade Eller, Bournival, Pateryn and Bourque for Eberle.

Finally eliminate the Gauthier era officially in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->