Rumor: Ekblad available

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Laf? Nobody would move a piece like this. Bouchard is one of the top rd prospects out there. 14 would likely get Quinn or Jarvis. Then there still the 2021 1st. Not saying it’s the best offer you’d get but it you think someone is trading a franchise level player who hasn’t even started his elc contract I think you have set yourself up to be very disappointed
Sure: Just not elite enough to make it worth it. Bouchard is a good prospect, but not a clear top pairing defenseman on expectation. Florida already has a pick there.

Your offer makes sense if we are rebuilding. Otherwise we need an overpayment.

I agree no team would make this offer; it is the type of offer that would make us trade him :) That's the whole point.

You do realize the reigning Art Ross, Hart, Lindsay winner is worth more than any player on the panthers right
Friend, this trade has been posted: the point is that teams don't do quantity for quality trades for rare players when they're not forced to.

No one thinks that Draisatl and Ekblad are the same value; he's making comparisons to troll out of frustration.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why cut good money? Re-sign cheap players for other positions: we could easily be down to 70M (our GM said we're shooting to be above median in salaries) by calling up Tippett and Denisenko to replace Dady and Hoffman, re-signing Weegar for another year cheap, and signing some mid-tier free-agents? No need to toss the baby (our future and talent) out with the bath water (overpaid defensemen)

Was kinda hoping you'd just reply 'In this economy?!?!?'

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d love to have him on the Sens but with 3 and 5 off the table I don’t really know what would interest Panthers.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’d love to have him on the Sens but with 3 and 5 off the table I don’t really know what would interest Panthers.
There's not and it is not a problem; teams don't want to trade their top players, which is what we'd want :) It's like BT with us: I'd kill for him, but there is no trade of players I'd make :)

Cotton

May 13, 2013
We also are not in financial trouble, which people forget. Our owner's firm made a killer return (up 70% this year) and we have not cut salary apparently...unlike every Canadian team BUT TML.

You are in financial trouble, reports were just released that 50% of league revenue is tied to the gate. Your owner having money only means he’s not fond of losing it, and I’m sure he keeps his financial ventures separate from one another.

Florida isn’t a draw, they have poor attendance and operate at an annual financial loss, according to Forbes. They’re essentially hemorrhaging money every single year with no end in sight.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
You are in financial trouble, reports were just released that 50% of league revenue is tied to the gate. Your owner having money only means he’s not fond of losing it, and I’m sure he keeps his financial ventures separate from one another.

Florida isn’t a draw, they have poor attendance and operate at an annual financial loss, according to Forbes. They’re essentially hemorrhaging money every single year with no end in sight.
Sure, but that's true before: we already have some of the worst gate-attendance/revenue in the league, so ticket revenue shock is actually less bad for us? No reason to assume that we would cut more than other teams :)

Send me a credible report that we're in financial trouble please; otherwise you're not making a compelling argument :)

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Sure, but that's true before: we already have some of the worst gate-attendance/revenue in the league, so ticket revenue shock is actually less bad for us? No reason to assume that we would cut more than other teams :)

Send me a credible report that we're in financial trouble please; otherwise you're not making a compelling argument :)
Also I'm more than willing to discuss the economics of why essentially doing a fire-sale of Ekblad makes no sense for Florida out of the options if there are not extreme liquidity constraints, which aren't true...

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Maybe do a little research and see how else our owner makes money on the arena. Yes the panthers lose money but he doesn’t.

Reactions: violaswallet

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
The player I watch the most after Montreal, so no.

Do you watch him though ? tell me how strong he is in his own zone or in board battle ?
Most people have the good sense to keep their yap shut when they get exposed for not knowing what they are talking about. Then there's you.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
New exercise: explain in one paragraph why your trade proposal makes sense for Florida, by either making us better today and/or tomorrow. For any player traded for potential, please explain the best, medium, and worst case outcomes

Reactions: Vinman88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad