Rumor: Ekblad available

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Bouchard, Lavoie, 14 OA, 2021 1st and Russell
We turned down Klefblom, Bouchard and the 14th overall..

I think it is a lot of value, but doesn't really replace Ekblad. If we had to trade him immediately and wanted to blow up our team, I think package would be interesting though :)

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Maybe do a little research and see how else our owner makes money on the arena. Yes the panthers lose money but he doesn’t.

That’s kinda my entire point, my Finnish friend. When the team is in the red you need to cover the costs, so he’s actually eating into his profits by doing so. A smart businessman will eventually cut free from the anchor.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
That’s kinda my entire point, my Finnish friend. When the team is in the red you need to cover the costs, so he’s actually eating into his profits by doing so. A smart businessman will eventually cut free from the anchor.
A smart businessman does not fire-sale his assets that have long-term value unless he has a liquidity crisis and cannot afford it. Ekblad provides an incredible amount of value for his contract as compared to say Stralman.

You cut the assets that you are bad values (benefits-costs).

His financial position shows that we do not have a liquidity crisis.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I’m not sure why draisaitl is involved in any conversation here. He is firmly ingrained in this community and lives and breathes hockey. I’m not sure he would be excited to play for a market like sunrise.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If they traded him they would.
That could be the only reason I could think for trading Ekblad, but even then I'm not so happy about: we'd be getting older and more expensive when we have Barkov/Huberdeau coming up for extensions :(

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’m not sure why draisaitl is involved in any conversation here. He is firmly ingrained in this community and lives and breathes hockey. I’m not sure he would be excited to play for a market like sunrise.
We bring it up to explain why rare players aren't reasonably traded for packages; we tried many times to explain it without examples but it seems like examples work best ;)

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
To all who are inclined to have a young , well rounded RHD on the rise on a good contract. Draft your own guy and put in the years to maybe, possibly, have him turn out to be better than average and stay healthy also. Some of these proposals are just poor from the start. You don't get something for nothing.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
With Matheson being one of the worst contracts in the NHL, could they be looking to package him with Ekblad?

From a Canucks perspective, I would be able to stomach Matheson if we could get Ekblad on a cheaper deal.

To Fla:
Boeser
Stecher
Eriksson

To Van:
Ekblad
Matheson

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
To all who are inclined to have a young , well rounded RHD on the rise on a good contract. Draft your own guy and put in the years to maybe, possibly, have him turn out to be better than average and stay healthy also. Some of these proposals are just poor from the start. You don't get something for nothing.
Hope you kept the same energy from the wacky drai + 1st for ekblad proposal lol. Anyways, I think if he wants to compete and play in full arenas, he should come back home somewhere in canada.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
With Matheson being one of the worst contracts in the NHL, could they be looking to package him with Ekblad?

From a Canucks perspective, I would be able to stomach Matheson if we could get Ekblad on a cheaper deal.

To Fla:
Boeser
Stecher
Eriksson

To Van:
Ekblad
Matheson
What would you consider Erikssons deal? A ripe tomato

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No it's not because you changed it. And then you accuse me of changing it. How dare you. Just take a deep breath, collect your thought and possibly try again.
You think Draisaitl is worth less than Ekblad. At that point the outside factors don’t even matter because their values aren’t even close.

i think you’re just trolling at this point

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018

To Fla:
Boeser
Stecher
Eriksson

To Van:
Ekblad
Matheson

Is Mathesons deal really that bad? He isn't great but he is sub 5m signed for a long term, if you compare it to really bad deal alá Jeff Skinner i just don't see it as one of the worst.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
Hope you kept the same energy from the wacky drai + 1st for ekblad proposal lol. Anyways, I think if he wants to compete and play in full arenas, he should come back home somewhere in canada.
And maybe he can watch the Stanley Cup awarded to another sunbelt team from loonie Canada for another 27 years aye?

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
What would you consider Erikssons deal? A ripe tomato
Eriksson is only owed $5m in real cash for the next 2 years while retaining a $6m cap hit. It is actually a valuable contract for a team looking to cut costs.

Matheson is owed $30M in real cash for the next 6 years.

Both players are what they are, a bottom pairing dman / 4th line forward.

Eriksson can actually be a defensive forward and kill penalties whereas Matheson was basically unplayable this year in the playoffs.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Unless Marner can play Center and you're assuming that we're signing Pietrangelo, then please don't whine when people give TOR fans shit bc of their solipsism. Even if we swapped Ekblad for Marner to play 2C and signed Pietro at 9m x 7y, we're still taking on an ungodly amount of cap that would make even my own caveats untenable--let alone your original nonsense.

Cap doesn't matter to the Panthers, they aren't a cap team.

Marner is only owed 35M over the next 5 seasons. 7M per

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Sure: Just not elite enough to make it worth it. Bouchard is a good prospect, but not a clear top pairing defenseman on expectation. Florida already has a pick there.

Your offer makes sense if we are rebuilding. Otherwise we need an overpayment.

I get that. I made the offer as a suggestion more due to the financial side for Florida. Not soo much as a rebuilding move as a solid futures package with money savings. I wouldn't move Ekbald either but apparently the Panthers might be looking to rebuild and cut cost

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So he’s going to cut the Panthers and not get any money? I’m not sure you understand. It’s all or nothing.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Dude if Florida deals Ekblad, It's not going to be for a player making $2.4 million more then him. If Ekblad is truly on the market then ownership is probably cutting some cap not taking more on.

Cap hits don't matter in Florida

Both are owed the same amount of money over the next five years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad