Rumor: Ekblad available

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
I agree he will be better, but for arguements sake since he is still a prospect the panthers fans would agree with us

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Lmaoooo you want a top 4 RFA dman, a top 5 draft pick blue chip d man that is projecting to be better than Ekblad and then a 2nd line 30 goal scoring center signed to a cheap contract for who would be a number 2 dman who makes 7.5m per year, yikes.
Eh, you asked what it would take: a severe overpayment. Edit: What I offered was an egregious overpayment, but what I would want to trade Ekblad now given his contract.

No one knows how Byram will turn out: his best case might be better than Ekblad is now, but he likely won't reach it. Prospects are inherently risky (and why GMs do not value them as we do on the board) To say he is projecting to be Ekblad in expectation is pretty strong: For perspective, Ekblad was 3rd in the NHL for even-strength points while leading the team +/- and playing full PK time (>2 minutes a game) with advanced statistics.

Anyways, good luck Avs :)

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Quick question for Panthers fans: How is Ekblad's physical game? He is a big guy. Does he use his size effectively?

He's not overly physical but averages more than AP who I see a very similar comparison in.
He doesn't have a very strong base/big lower half but he uses his gap control and ability to close out/rub out guys a long the boards. Also uses his stick for take aways, think Barkov taught him that.
He had two of six seasons over 100 hits but averages about 90 over a 82 game average.

This is bad. Nurse is worth more than Huberdeau. lol

Whys that? Enlighten me.

Reactions: Laus723

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
you thought our offer was bad?

Nurse=boeser
Oilers 14 in this draft =1+2 from vcr next year as this year is a deeper draft and the canucks will be a top 10 team.
Hoglander <= Puljujarvi
What Boeser > Nurse
1st 2021 and 2nd 2022= 1st 2020
Hoglander >>> Poolparty

Last edited:

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019

JH is a slow footed but skilled aging forward. He will be in a decline in 2 years. Nurse is still two years away from reaching peak. In two years Nurse is better than JH and it won’t even be close.

Then in two years, Nurse will continue to be better and play at a high level until age 35.

In 2 years, JH may not ever get 50 points again.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
JH is a slow footed but skilled aging forward. He will be in a decline in 2 years. Nurse is still two years away from reaching peak. In two years Nurse is better than JH and it won’t even be close.

Then in two years, Nurse will continue to be better and play at a high level until age 35.

Solid crystal ball you got there. Can you tell me who to pick for my fantasy team this upcoming season?

eli4spetterss0n

Jul 9, 2013
White Rock, BC

what in the world

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Literally the dumbest post I’ve ever seen on hfboards. It’s not easy to take the crown but my god did you make it look easy!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Solid crystal ball you got there. Can you tell me who to pick for my fantasy team this upcoming season?
Can we add a requirement that every Ekblad and Barkov proposal requires (A) explaining why Florida would do this for reasons other than "fire-sale that I heard on the radio" and (B) clearly explain the value of every prospect proposed in the trade?

It seems like half the trades are (A) prospect A is great and at best must be player B, ergo he is worth player B or (B) player C will continue increasing point totals by 20% annually forever.

Reactions: Laus723

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This is laughably bad.

No no, this down below is even worse.
We gots to trade JH, he will be lucky to be alive by 30 years old.

Rufus said so. f***ing Rufus :laugh:

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

lmao oh ok. Do you really believe this nonsense, or do you just never ANY Panthers games.

hooooly crap.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I would not be surprised if Puljujarvi comes to Florida: Barkov might be the right player to mentor him. What would you look for? Borgstrom? Draft picks?

How about Pulju+ 14th OA to jump to 12th OA if one of Jarvis/Quinn is still there?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
How about Pulju+ 14th OA to jump to 12th OA if one of Jarvis/Quinn is still there?
Depends who is around (we want Lundell or Schneider, so if they're available), but I'd do it: I'd be shocked if Jarvis is not around...

On our board, we're expecting only Askarov to be around out of the top 12 players and well there is a big gap to good D/traditional centers.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I don't care if people think he's the most arrogant bastard on the planet or whatever, but if Akblad is instructed to be shopped around then I can see why Mike Gillis has turned down the job Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad