Great Britain: EIHL discussion thread

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Shields leaves the Steelers too.

Looking on Steeltalk it is strange how a PPG Brit has suddenly become "lazy" and "rubbish" now they have left the team.....:sarcasm:

Big loss to the Steelers, Brits of his calibre are few and far between. Will be interesting to see if Steelers play any games vis a vis letting him play for another EIHL team.

PuddlesTheDuck

Mar 15, 2012
Valhalla
Shields leaves the Steelers too.

Looking on Steeltalk it is strange how a PPG Brit has suddenly become "lazy" and "rubbish" now they have left the team.....:sarcasm:

Big loss to the Steelers, Brits of his calibre are few and far between. Will be interesting to see if Steelers play any games vis a vis letting him play for another EIHL team.

Come on, you hark on about Galbraith who is a more talented, but even lazier version of Shields and wouldn't have him back.

Shields was just there for the paycheck, not for the graft.

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Come on, you hark on about Galbraith who is a more talented, but even lazier version of Shields and wouldn't have him back.

Shields was just there for the paycheck, not for the graft.

I hark on about Galbraith? Don't think 'I' do.

I was glad when he left Panthers but solely due to his off-ice behaviour on the Belfast weekend. I've never stated I was glad he left due to being "lazy" or "rubbish", though I'm aware that some Panthers fans have.

Bottom line is Galbraith didn't choose to leave Panthers, the decision wasn't his. As such the reaction of the fans wasn't quite the same as that being displayed by many butt hurt Steelers fans.

"How dare he walk out on Steelers and leave us with just a single PPG player, and one who has a history of picking up injuries when over-relied upon. We must therefore display how glad we are he has gone by chucking easy to throw insults about."

Point of order though, just how lazy is someone who has produced points consistently against Erhardt Conference teams (especially Sheffield's two main rivals)? Sounds like someone who can up their play for the big games, surely a good asset to have?

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
If we had the cash I'd love to see Shields on a certain team at the bottom of the Erhardt...

Also, hah. Pretty glad to see the mutant gone by Christmas as predicted, although I hope those personal reasons aren't legit ones. In that case, all the best.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Watched the Sky show today.
Weird to see former Moncton Wildcat Bruce Graham score on former Moncton Wildcat Rio (never on the same edition of the team). Who'd a thunk they'd end up in the UK.

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Coventry destroyed 0-8 at home by the Panthers tonight and the 8 goals were by 7 different players.

Surprised Thommo didn't pull Peter 'Five Hole' Hirsch but given the continuous stick he was getting from the Panthers fans I guess pulling him would have just played into their hands.

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
I only saw the last two periods... I entered a rink that sounded like a Panthers home game. Pretty tough pill to swallow after losing Guthrie for the season.

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
Panthers well and truely got it handed to them by the Steelers last night :( I didn't go but it sounded like we had a howler with all aspects of the game. When Kwall gets pulled for Dan Green you know its a bad night!

Fair play Steelers.

I'm going to the Stars game tomorrow, hopefully we'll sort our act out and it was a mere anomaly on this good run.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Huge W for Fife over Dundee
2059 in attendance 1650 at the 1st game of the home and home in Dundee.
Maybe the conf set-up is working for fan support

PuddlesTheDuck

Mar 15, 2012
Valhalla
KWall was dire last night, he was really struggling with everything, even on a couple of his saves he really wasn't sure he'd actually stopped the puck.

Wilson was lucky to get just a 3 game ban, but then again I'm almost certain the EIHL roll dice to see what ban to hand out most of the time.

We played a great game though, forechecking really hard throughout and not letting up.

The game got fiesty in the 3rd with Lepine dropping the gloves on Frank (a draw, with Frank getting the more shots in but neither guy landed anything of note) and Limpright and Galivan fighting after a scrum started when Beckett speared Michel and they engaged in a bout of glove punching.

Just over 8100 in the building and a 50/50 prize of almost £4000 (taken home by none other than Mark Thomas!) , it was a great night to be a Steeler fan.

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
KWall was dire last night, he was really struggling with everything, even on a couple of his saves he really wasn't sure he'd actually stopped the puck.

Wilson was lucky to get just a 3 game ban, but then again I'm almost certain the EIHL roll dice to see what ban to hand out most of the time.

We played a great game though, forechecking really hard throughout and not letting up.

The game got fiesty in the 3rd with Lepine dropping the gloves on Frank (a draw, with Frank getting the more shots in but neither guy landed anything of note) and Limpright and Galivan fighting after a scrum started when Beckett speared Michel and they engaged in a bout of glove punching.

Just over 8100 in the building and a 50/50 prize of almost £4000 (taken home by none other than Mark Thomas!) , it was a great night to be a Steeler fan.

As a Panthers fan the game was embarrassing enough without this. How he got away with just a 3 game ban is beyond me.

I'm going tonight for the Stars game, hopefully we show up.

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
Will the real Blaze team, please stand up.
I'm looking forward to 1 win in the next 5 games.

Also thank you very much Sheffield. Any team but Nottingham.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
only just had a chance to look at the slash, should have been more than 3 without a doubt. I'm curious to see what led to it because it was a full on baseball swing, and there have been no videos showing what happened prior to it.

PuddlesTheDuck

Mar 15, 2012
Valhalla
Well the Panthers claimed their was a "blindside attack on a guy on their bench", others have said he chirped KWall after the goal and others have said they had beef from the AHL.

I didn't see him skate anywhere near the Panthers bench for anything to have happened at that point, so maybe it was something from the previous night.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
If I may go all home town here.
Congrats to Bruce Graham EIHL player of the month.
He played all his minor hockey in Moncton, Major Midget and Major Junior too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad