Great Britain: EIHL discussion thread

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
was a surprisingly good game, both teams started their backups, who played reasonably well. Panthers might have to play Green on Sunday.

Also I hope the sky sports show next week has video of the slash by Ling which got him a 5+game

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Rio finally gets blown out and is pulled.
Dundee players have to live up the ole saying Fore Check plus Back Check equals Pay Cheque.
Way to many odd man rushes, Goalie can only do so much, Hung out to dry by the hi-lights

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Rio and Dundee come back stealing a point in Sheffield after last weeks disaster.
Rio MoM. Team kept the shots on to under 40. Right straight ahead hockey or I think you guys call it route 1 is fun to watch but defence wins games.

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
So some Elite team has signed Jesse Schultz, I knew he was cousins to the NHL playing Nick Schultz, but I didnt know he was in laws with Rod Sarich of the Steelers and even worse I didnt even realise Rod was Corey Sarich's brother, doh.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
So some Elite team has signed Jesse Schultz, I knew he was cousins to the NHL playing Nick Schultz, but I didnt know he was in laws with Rod Sarich of the Steelers and even worse I didnt even realise Rod was Corey Sarich's brother, doh.

I remember watching the Memorial Cup and I remember thinking he was right good but I didn't notice guys like Duncan Keith, Josh Gorges, Shea Weber, and Blake Comeau who were all on his team back then :laugh: to be young again...

PuddlesTheDuck

Mar 15, 2012
Valhalla
The Sarich's seem to have a lot of hockey playing in-laws, cousins, as I'm pretty sure at some point both a cousin and an in-law have played over here as well.

I seem to have missed out on a lot of games this year due to a lack of funds, hopefully the new year is kinder in that respect.

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
It's nice to see Goss get playing time and a shutout, but how Dundee can play three games in four days then face a rested Blaze team is horrid scheduling. I'd have liked to see Ryhanan etc at their best.

Jossy99

Sep 19, 2012
Peterhead, Scotland
I traveled down for the dundee Blaze game

We had 3 minutes of madness in the 2nd period were Blaze scored 3 goals that cost us and we never recovered from that

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
I traveled down for the dundee Blaze game

We had 3 minutes of madness in the 2nd period were Blaze scored 3 goals that cost us and we never recovered from that

I hope we provided a welcoming experience, thanks for coming down.

Patry looked pretty good last night, once he settles into the team he should give them hope to make the playoffs.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I'm considering doing some away days this season, kinda bored of the arena here, and the last game i went to away at Sheffield was a good laugh.

Only problem is getting time off at a weekend to go to them.

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
I'm considering doing some away days this season, kinda bored of the arena here, and the last game i went to away at Sheffield was a good laugh.

Only problem is getting time off at a weekend to go to them.
What's your team again? Make Coventry a visit at some point. I sell 50/50 and make a point of buying an away fan a drink. Usually the first person to be within hearing distance of me when I'm at the bar. :P

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
What's your team again? Make Coventry a visit at some point. I sell 50/50 and make a point of buying an away fan a drink. Usually the first person to be within hearing distance of me when I'm at the bar. :P

Panthers, I'm waiting for the usual collapse of the league dreams again.

It's due to happen anytime now :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad