Great Britain: EIHL discussion thread

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
I got a kick outta this interview with the Dundee coach.
The interviewer wanted to be so positive. Then came the comments from a coach whose team just allowed 57 shots and Rio made 54 saves for the W.
I know they're not playing with 12 or 13 forwards and 6 or 7 D-men so shifts will be long.
But any coach might be rightly peeved at allowing almost a shot a minute.Total team defence and some back checking drills this week ya thinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=43s2zzeLZfA

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
Dundee are an improved team and he's as much the reason as anything. The conference system is benefiting them pretty well, they were unlucky not to get two points against Coventry at least.

clatchie

Apr 13, 2012
Warwickshire
According to Simms it was all above board, but I don't know anything about the rules surrounding it.

Mildly surprised at the one-sided nature of the suspensions handed out as a result of the Devils-Blaze game, I wonder if any game penalties (such as to Egener and Guidice) will be upgraded to a match. Don't think the Devils can argue with what they received themselves, just what Blaze got as well. Trouble with handing out suspensions for post-match fighting is that half of both teams did it.

Pretty disappointed at the publicity it's all received, this kind of business just harms the image of the sport as family friendly.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
According to Simms it was all above board, but I don't know anything about the rules surrounding it...................

Pretty disappointed at the publicity it's all received, this kind of business just harms the image of the sport as family friendly.
Ehhh.........publicity is publicity
The fire truck and ambulance chaser crowd will love it. Bet ya attendance is up next game betwixt these 2.

Jossy99

Sep 19, 2012
Peterhead, Scotland
I got a kick outta this interview with the Dundee coach.
The interviewer wanted to be so positive. Then came the comments from a coach whose team just allowed 57 shots and Rio made 54 saves for the W.
I know they're not playing with 12 or 13 forwards and 6 or 7 D-men so shifts will be long.
But any coach might be rightly peeved at allowing almost a shot a minute.Total team defence and some back checking drills this week ya thinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=43s2zzeLZfA

Riopel has been amazing for us it also helps that Sami Ryhanen an Mike Wirll are so far scoring points for fun just now

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Riopel has been amazing for us it also helps that Sami Ryhanen an Mike Wirll are so far scoring points for fun just now
Yeah, I'm familiar with Rio's work. Q MVP, winner of the Jacques Plante Trophy as the e Q's top goalie. Only 2 years removed from Major Junior...3rd now I guess
Fan favourite #2 all time vote getter during the Moncton Wildcats 15th anniversary in 2011. Which is interesting considering those in the NHL.
He's the reason Dundee fans are stuck with me all season :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHSUQIX_f8

EDIT:
Can't resist. An interview before he felt comfortable speaking English. Of course Moncton is a bilingual city so it wasn't that hard on him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=d6awgRzAlyQ&NR=1

Last edited:

Jossy99

Sep 19, 2012
Peterhead, Scotland
Of what i have seen I think Rio is the best goalie in the league so far any way and i think that stats back that up

he is far too good for this league but im happy he is playing for the Stars

Geo73

Jun 17, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland.
Braehead Clan release Bobby Chaumont & Ryan Campbell. Chaumont almost PPG player but offered little in terms of work rate off the puck. Campbell had 0pts in 9 games and looked a shadow of his former self. New Italian/Canadian D-man Davide Nicoletti made his debut at the weekend. Not scared to finish a hit and play aggressive, looks like a good pick up. Clan now 1 short of maximum 11 imports.

Jossy99

Sep 19, 2012
Peterhead, Scotland
Cardiff & Paul Bissonnette plays against Dundee on Saturday really hoping we can keep our unbeaten at home record going but i have a feeling we will be relying on Riopel to have yet another amazing game.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Panthers and Steelers did a charity golf thing last week while the international break was on 'the grudge cup'

hopefully it will be a good game tonight, glad it got moved to a friday since it's a ballache for me to get saturdays off work at the moment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->