Great Britain: EIHL discussion thread

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Where is the EPIHL right now?

I feel like they should using the **** out of this to recruit top Brits to sign with their clubs. Do they have a twitter account and are they saying anything hilarious and winning over pissed off fans/players?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
At the end of the day, if the EIHL coaches treat this as what it is, a limit, and not a target, things shouldn't be too bad.

But they probably won't, Nottingham signed and continued to dress that Finnish guy they had, even though he was terrible and barely saw the ice.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I love listening to teams trying to defend themselves

"The amount of British players that can play in EIHL competitively is so small that we need more imports to compete with the top teams."

So because of the imports currently in the league, the quality is too high for Brits to naturally progress through the senior ranks... Solution - widen the gap.

nadera78

Apr 16, 2013
London
I've said this before on here but a key part of all this is that the EIHL exists purely to give Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast a competition to play in. None of the other clubs have the resources needed to compete with them (excepting one off seasons when a smaller club overachieves), they're simply there to give them some games.

The same can be said of the EPIHL.

What needs to happen is for the big three clubs to go and play in a Western European League, with teams from countries that are in a similar position (like Italy, France, Holland) and then they can sign all the imports they want, and add a sprinkling of British players.

The remaining EIHL clubs join the EPIHL clubs and create a stronger, and much more balanced, semi-pro domestic competition. By including one or two larger NIHL teams you could easily create a two division structure with 12 teams in each, promotion and relegation between them, a set number of imports, and it would be genuinely competitive.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Well Nottingham just joined that new Champions Hockey League that has tons of teams across Europe... I'm sure they'll compete will those top clubs from better leagues :sarcasm:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I think it's different with the forwards though, I'd rather they stay in the EPL and work on offense until they're getting PPG seasons, instead of going to the EIHL and being turned into grinders.

Longer they're there, easier it is to get comfortable. Just look at his teammate Joe Greener.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Longer they're there, easier it is to get comfortable. Just look at his teammate Joe Greener.

Yeah that's the problem, but I think he only needs another year. They need to make sure they're stepping up at the right time. Too early and they don't get the ice time they need or don't get put in a suitable role, too late and they've settled into a job and all that stuff. The EIHL really needs a southern team.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Yeah that's the problem, but I think he only needs another year. They need to make sure they're stepping up at the right time. Too early and they don't get the ice time they need or don't get put in a suitable role, too late and they've settled into a job and all that stuff. The EIHL really needs a southern team.

I've been saying that too BUT PLEASE NO EXPANSION :laugh: there isn't enough for 10 teams as is.

Brits pretty much have to go to Hull or Scotland if they want to break into the league at this point.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Well Nottingham just joined that new Champions Hockey League that has tons of teams across Europe... I'm sure they'll compete will those top clubs from better leagues :sarcasm:

I've just realised, this is probably why they got the league to increase imports :laugh:

Black owns 2 teams and he probably bullied the rest of them into it.

Watch them lose to all these teams with a majority of homegrown players

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I've just realised, this is probably why they got the league to increase imports :laugh:

Black owns 2 teams and he probably bullied the rest of them into it.

Watch them lose to all these teams with a majority of homegrown players

There's enough EIHL Scottish players for 1 team if you add some imports... and they have 4 franchises.

It's no wonder they think they need imports. What they need is realistic expectations and a lot less greed.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Chris Blight wants to play for GB :scared:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ot...star-Chris-Blight-set-for-GB-Ice-Hockey-debut

Claims he "feels British"

Calls football "soccer"

3727390-1171196867-23243.gif

Always had Sunday roast :laugh: I eat pizza and pasta a lot, does that make me Italian?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Chris Blight wants to play for GB :scared:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ot...star-Chris-Blight-set-for-GB-Ice-Hockey-debut

Claims he "feels British"

Calls football "soccer"

3727390-1171196867-23243.gif

Always had Sunday roast :laugh: I eat pizza and pasta a lot, does that make me Italian?

Funny because

Chris Blight @Blightzkrieg · Apr 30
To be clear the new import rule is bad for Brits. I was referring to younger dual-nats @dowdy75 not me.

after Dowd said:
rob dowd ‏@dowdy75 Apr 30
@Blightzkrieg u are 31 years old. How is Someone like u going to help the national program?U will play a few years then **** off back home

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Claim there is lack of British talent available

Sign young British talent on a 2-way :laugh:

:laugh: This is at least a positive step.

Rather than Hook going up and rotting on the bench, he'll get to play the bigger role in EPL while getting his feet wet in EIHL.

It's something insanely basic that should have been done for years lol hopefully others follow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad