Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Eichel got Jason Pominville's corpse to score 20 goals. He got Skinner to 40. Your take is so completely out of touch with reality.

Skinner was a 3 time 30 goal scorer before he arrived in Buffalo , including 37 (Being centered by Victor Rask) 2 seasons prior. He didn't make Skinner whatsoever. Guy was right in what should prime years when acquied additionally. It's a total myth that Eichel hasn't had talented linemates.

Last edited:

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
hockey is a team sport. eichel hasn't helped, led or contributed to his team making the playoffs despite the efforts of 3 coaches, 3 gms and a free spending owner. not disputing eichel or his talents as a singular player whatsoever. he is capable of many individual milestones, could get 100 points for sure, 30 goals aren't unreasonable, 60 assists within his grasp. doesn't mean a thing if sabres finish at the bottom again. jack isn't tavares elevating moulson or okposo, jack isn't mcdavid or crosby elevating sheary & kahun.

jack plays for jack stats, jack money & jack cred. jack has not helped the sabres do anything except sell jack jerseys, jack bobbleheads & jack tshirts.
Most teams would be on to Jack’s potential availability but seems like you’re firmly in the Jack off crowd

Reactions: doorbag

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Skinner was a 3 time 30 goal scorer before he arrived in Buffalo , including 37 (Being centered by Victor Rask) 2 seasons prior. He didn't make Skinner whatsoever. Guy was right in what should prime years when acquied additionally. It's a total myth that Eichel hasn't had talented linemates.

No one's arguing he's played with total scrubs. The question is whether he elevates his linemates, and the answer to that is a plain as f***ing day yes. There's no cogent argument to the contrary.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
As I am aware of the fact that Eichel trade was/is very much discussed there, I just wonder what would it take to move him to Kings. They seem to be interested in him, have a free cap space for him and would be able to offer an interesting pieces from their side. He can also inherit the captainship from Kopitar. I was thinking about something around:

Eichel
3rd 2022

for

Kempe
Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield
4th 2022

Kempe fits the trade because of his cap hit and he would be a nice chip to the Sabres squad. Obviously, Sabres would want potential 1C for Eichel as Kings can offer Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield. As I see it, Byfield would not be traded and they wouldn't want to lose Vilardi as he is establishing himself in the league already. Turcotte makes sense for me the most. Furthermore, Kings may offer Fagemo or Kaliyev, but I don't think Sabres would aim for them. Draft picks are there to somehow balance the value overall.

Kings/Sabres fans, am I missing anything or would this work for both fanbases?

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
If you're not even offering 2 blue-chip pieces from LA, why create a new thread? LA gave up more than this for Jeff Carter and Mike Richards individually and Eichel is more talented than both. Hell, Columbus also gave up more for this in the first Jeff Carter trade.

The bones of those trades were all of 3 of or 2 A-level assets from these categories:
Up and coming NHL roster top 6 winger or top 4 defenseman (i.e. Simmonds, Voracek, J. Johnson)
+
1st round pick
+
Blue-chip prospect (i.e. B. Schenn)

That's likely where it starts for Eichel too, so you're looking at something more like Kempe + Byfield + 2021 1st, or Kaliyev + Turcotte + Walker + 2021 1st (ignoring any salary maneuvers required).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasekperreault23

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Why is Buffalo adding a higher pick to downgrade?

No dog in this fight but considering Eichel is proven, entering is prime and nothing from LA is more than potential, I would expect the proposal to start with Byfield, a 1st and another elite prospect. I also think the Kings would have to eat a bad contract. That might not even work for Buffalo as it would signal a retooling and I doubt the fan base would want that.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No one's arguing he's played with total scrubs. The question is whether he elevates his linemates, and the answer to that is a plain as f***ing day yes. There's no cogent argument to the contrary.

Sorry that argument is presented constantly ;That he is alone on an island talent wise. As far as elevating ones games , if that is the sentiment you're trying to convey Skinner would seem a curious case to highlight given his near identical results statistically, prior to playing for the Sabres.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Vilardi and Byfield as an offer aren't chopped liver though. You take that and run if you're Buffalo because there is no way in God's creation you are trading a player of that caliber and breaking even. If Eichel wants out of Buffalo, that team is gonna lose no matter what.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
As I am aware of the fact that Eichel trade was/is very much discussed there, I just wonder what would it take to move him to Kings. They seem to be interested in him, have a free cap space for him and would be able to offer an interesting pieces from their side. He can also inherit the captainship from Kopitar. I was thinking about something around:

Eichel
3rd 2022

for

Kempe
Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield
4th 2022

Kempe fits the trade because of his cap hit and he would be a nice chip to the Sabres squad. Obviously, Sabres would want potential 1C for Eichel as Kings can offer Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield. As I see it, Byfield would not be traded and they wouldn't want to lose Vilardi as he is establishing himself in the league already. Turcotte makes sense for me the most. Furthermore, Kings may offer Fagemo or Kaliyev, but I don't think Sabres would aim for them. Draft picks are there to somehow balance the value overall.

So basically your third best C prospect for Eichel.

Sure, why not? The Sabres want the Kings to have a C spine of Eichel - Byfield - Vilardi.

Seriously, switch the players places in your head. Would you trade Eichel for Kempe and Turcotte?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Vilardi and Byfield as an offer aren't chopped liver though. You take that and run if you're Buffalo because there is no way in God's creation you are trading a player of that caliber and breaking even. If Eichel wants out of Buffalo, that team is gonna lose no matter what.

You misread that offer. After he said they’re not trading their biggest C prospect or their second best C prospect who is in the league already. So it’s Kempe + Turcotte + pick downgrade as an offer.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Eichel
3rd 2022

for

Kempe
Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield
4th 2022

you are missing a lot

It likely costs you byfield+ Villardi+ young RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad