CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Suzuki + Kotkaniemi + Caufield

for

Eichel + Olofsson

feel like both sides are gonna say no
so you are basically trying to take their 2 best players? if Olofsson isnt there it is closer. i do believe Montreal has the value in various pieces but they will have to pony up a lot of assets in a quantity for quality deal.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
As I am aware of the fact that Eichel trade was/is very much discussed there, I just wonder what would it take to move him to Kings. They seem to be interested in him, have a free cap space for him and would be able to offer an interesting pieces from their side. He can also inherit the captainship from Kopitar. I was thinking about something around:

Eichel
3rd 2022

for

Kempe
Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield
4th 2022

Kempe fits the trade because of his cap hit and he would be a nice chip to the Sabres squad. Obviously, Sabres would want potential 1C for Eichel as Kings can offer Turcotte/Vilardi/Byfield. As I see it, Byfield would not be traded and they wouldn't want to lose Vilardi as he is establishing himself in the league already. Turcotte makes sense for me the most. Furthermore, Kings may offer Fagemo or Kaliyev, but I don't think Sabres would aim for them. Draft picks are there to somehow balance the value overall.

Kings/Sabres fans, am I missing anything or would this work for both fanbases?

I like this and would run for the airport if I was L.A. It is a great start but unfortunately it is not enough.

I would think

Byfield/Turcotte/ Vilardi. - pick one
Kempe/ Walker/ Iafallo - pick one
Thomas/ Madden/Kupari - pick one
1st

Reactions: KingTech

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I like this and would run for the airport if I was L.A. It is a great start but unfortunately it is not enough.

I would think

1st
yeah thats probably what a futures package would look like. people are undervaluing Eichel badly in this thread.

ComixZone

Jul 24, 2005
What do Sabres fans say to:

To Calgary: Eichel, Mittelstadt
To Buffalo: Hanifin, Bennett, Ryan, Pelletier, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

I would think

1st
Byfield
Kempe
Kupari
1st

Reactions: ibleedkings

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You think he wouldn't re-sign in Philly.
I think in a salary cap world Johnny at 9.5-10m extended long term or Konecky at 5.5m is an interesting discussion. Adding Farabee is an easy bleep no.

I also think if you wait 1.5 years you may get Johnny for just the cash. Jersey could get into the mix. Rangers seem to have too much salary cap issues 1.5 years from now.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
It’s the worst kept secret he’s signing with the Flyers when his contract is done. This is just the Sabres getting something for him instead of nothing.
So if its the worst kept secret why would Flyers over pay in trade assets instead of waiting 1.5 years to sign for just the cash?

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
What do Sabres fans say to:

To Calgary: Eichel, Mittelstadt
To Buffalo: Hanifin, Bennett, Ryan, Pelletier, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st
good value in futures but if Hanifin is the best player they get back it would be disappointing.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Pre-emptive strike on the Sabres end. Especially seeing the team is so shitty they’re not making the playoffs next year either.
Again who cares about Sabers in Johnny scenario? Sabers won't make playoffs this year and won't resign Johnny in 1.5 years. Teams will give Sabers a middle finger salute and offer 80 cents on the dollar since everyone knows he won't go back there. Acquiring players like that is dumb x1000000 for Sabers.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Again who cares about Sabers in Johnny scenario? Sabers won't make playoffs this year and won't resign Johnny in 1.5 years. Teams will give Sabers a middle finger salute and offer 80 cents on the dollar since everyone knows he won't go back there. Acquiring players like that is dumb x1000000 for Sabers.

Just work with me here, dammit!! Let me live my fantasy!!

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ComixZone

Jul 24, 2005
good value in futures but if Hanifin is the best player they get back it would be disappointing.
I feel like Dahlin + Hanifin would be solid foundational pieces on their back-end. #1 LHD and #2 LHD. Hanifin looks fantastic this year as well - seems to have taken a notable step forward.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
pomer scored 16 in buffalo, 13 the year before with wild. skinner scored 37 two years before with canes. +3 goals with jack. spin it however you want. take that 3 goal bump as a win in 'reality'.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
That's pretty terrible. Duchene and Johansen have about zero value, so it basically becomes Ellis , a 1st and a mystery box.

I wouldn’t say a mystery box. Tolvanen’s a pretty promising young player, he’s looked good in his rookie season, working his way up to the 1st line.

Duchene and Johansen are overpaid for sure but can still somewhat hold their own in top-six center role.

That 1st is also going to be a high pick.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I’ll try from Calgary. The usual whipping boys but they are definitely top 6/4 players.

Monahan, Hanifin, 1st for Eichel

Would love to see Gaudreau-Eichel-Lindholm flying around together. Hanifin would leave a hole in the defence but a top 4 defenceman is easier to find than an all-star #1 centre.

Possibly add a good prospect from CGY and a good/decent defenceman from BUF in the package.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
There is no interest in either Monahan, much less Johansen or Duchene.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I would think

1st

Turcotte, Kailyev, Bjornfoot for Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad