Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Will we claim PLD off the auction block? Sounds like a classic Canes reclamation project.
The only thing that concerns me is Rod thinking he can get PLD to give effort.

There are enough experiments at C right now with Kotkaniemi and Kuznetsov. Don’t need another one signed for 7 more years, even if you offload one of them in the process.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

There are enough experiments at C right now with Kotkaniemi and Kuznetsov. Don’t need another one signed for 7 more years, even if you offload one of them in the process.
If the SC is awarded before June 22nd, the Kings can buy him out at 1/3. The 22nd or after, he will be 26 and it will a 2/3 buyout (and not worth it).

Kings would have to take contracts to make a deal worth it.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The Panthers have quite the path to the CF. First, lame duck Tampa. Now one of Boston or Toronto AND the added benefit of those teams having played a recent game 7.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Unless we are paid to take PLD, why wouldn't we just try and sign Lindholm? At this point he probably is cheaper.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I'm a little torn. Emotionally i hate the bruins more than the leafs and would relish seeing them collapse.

But part of me needs toronto to continue to be punished for (or just not rewarded for) the atrocious roster build. Putting half your cap in 4 forwards at the cost of depth, defense, and goaltending absolutely deserves each crushing playoff exit they've had, and the earlier the better.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Both teams have some history of choking. Game 7 really is a toss up. I do find it interesting that the Leafs are winning without Matthews. Boston has looked terrible in these last 2 games. Last night I think they had 1 sog for the half the game (if not longer). Against the leafs, that's just impressive.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I'm a little torn. Emotionally i hate the bruins more than the leafs and would relish seeing them collapse.

But part of me needs toronto to continue to be punished for (or just not rewarded for) the atrocious roster build. Putting half your cap in 4 forwards at the cost of depth, defense, and goaltending absolutely deserves each crushing playoff exit they've had, and the earlier the better.
The perfect outcome is for Toronto to lose game 7 after taking a lead and then for Boston to get swept by Florida.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

I'm rooting for the Leafs just to keep the drama train rolling. What will happen to a star player next round? Marner gets amnesia? Tavares trapped in a well?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm rooting for the Leafs just to keep the drama train rolling. What will happen to a star player next round? Marner gets amnesia? Tavares trapped in a well?
ca83a9eb-dab8-4306-adff-fab71076bce3_text.gif

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Depends on which insufferable group you're pulling for:

1. Bruins fans, or
2. The entirety of national NHL media

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Oof, what a way to end it. But considering the Canucks had to go through 3 goalies in the series, can't say they didn't deserve it.

Yeah that's nuts. Crazy final seconds too with Lindholm taking the penalty and Vancouver players scrambling to prevent a Nashville goal.

Nucks vs Oilers next. A good ole fashioned Western Canadian battle.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah that's nuts. Crazy final seconds too with Lindholm taking the penalty and Vancouver players scrambling to prevent a Nashville goal.

Also guarantees a Canadian team in the Conference Finals

Reactions: WreckingCrew

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Good luck to the rookie 3rd string goalie. Vancouver was never going to go that deep this year being as green in the playoffs as that roster is, but ouch.

Now let's see if the Stars can close this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad