Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well Zibanejad is 3 years older and doesn't have contract certainty. He also hasn't proven he can hang at that level for the length of his next contract, whereas I think Eichel has room to grow in terms of stats.

Zib+Laf+1st is too steep but I don't think it's really that far off to be honest.
Just look at it this way

Coleman was traded for a 1st + a prospect who was a 1st himself just 8 months earlier. So what is Zibby worth right now given that he has the same term left? Safe to say, Zibby's would be more.

So for Eichel, you are asking for like 3 1sts(for Zibby)+ 1st AND the #1 overall pick just months earlier. That's just not going to happen.

In the end, we likely never find out his value now as the Sabres should be keeping him and actually be trying to build around him. But if moved, it won't be for 4 1st AND a #1 overall pick.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Buffalo trades Eichel that would be the most Buffalo thing ever.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Just look at it this way

Coleman was traded for a 1st + a prospect who was a 1st himself just 8 months earlier. So what is Zibby worth right now given that he has the same term left? Safe to say, Zibby's would be more.

So for Eichel, you are asking for like 3 1sts(for Zibby)+ 1st AND the #1 overall pick just months earlier. That's just not going to happen.

In the end, we likely never find out his value now as the Sabres should be keeping him and actually be trying to build around him. But if moved, it won't be for 4 1st AND a #1 overall pick.

It's probably not going to happen, but that package you mention sounds about right for an Eichel player in my mind. I also think Coleman got more than he was really worth because Tampa knew they could afford to overspend for the right person.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
It's probably not going to happen, but that package you mention sounds about right for an Eichel player in my mind. I also think Coleman got more than he was really worth because Tampa knew they could afford to overspend for the right person.

The thing is I don't believe that's what the Sabres would want to be honest. We truly don't know Eichel's true value on the market as of right now but I think people are quick to forget trades to compare it to in years past. A trade like an Eichel deal hasn't really happened since Seguin, or more specifically Rick Nash, who I think is a pretty close representation of what a young premier player will get still.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We will agree to disagree. I don't think you are going to get a proven 70+ point guy and a top prospect expected to be a 70-90 point guy and another 1st on top of it.

Hope you guys keep him, honestly.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The thing is I don't believe that's what the Sabres would want to be honest. We truly don't know Eichel's true value on the market as of right now but I think people are quick to forget trades to compare it to in years past. A trade like an Eichel deal hasn't really happened since Seguin, or more specifically Rick Nash, who I think is a pretty close representation of what a young premier player will get still.

They're almost always underwhelming when a premier player leaves. IF Eichel were to go, it won't exactly be a Lindros to Philly kinda trade.

Reactions: AirGut

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I put Eichel's value on an entirely different tier than either of those players, personally.

Using the Seguin trade is not a good idea either as it's probably one of the worst trades in the last decade.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I put Eichel's value on an entirely different tier than either of those players, personally.

Using the Seguin trade is not a good idea either as it's probably one of the worst trades in the last decade.

This is true, it's just hard to gauge his actual market value since these types of deals don't happen that often. Maybe Jeff Carter? Eric Lindros if you wanna go back that far. The actual deal won't be as hyped up as most people make it in their head. It'll be "disappointing" to the casual fans on paper but over time I think it'll really benefit BUF.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
This is true, it's just hard to gauge his actual market value since these types of deals don't happen that often. Maybe Jeff Carter? Eric Lindros if you wanna go back that far. The actual deal won't be as hyped up as most people make it in their head. It'll be "disappointing" to the casual fans on paper but over time I think it'll really benefit BUF.

I personally don't think we've seen a player of Eichels value and control-ability traded since Lindros, and I agree that we really have no basis for our opinions. I personally don't value Zibs as much as I probably should, and I think losing that 1st could be painful but not THAT painful in the big picture. The real wildcard is Laf....I still see him becoming a 90pt power forward, and if he hits that...well, he would be nearly worth Eichel alone. That would be the gamble both parties would need to take on this deal.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Why do rangers fans think buffalo would be looking for a UFA center? Zib wouldn’t be in any Eichel trade unless an extension was agreed upon.

It would be Laf+++

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Eichel last minute scratch tonight
ron-paul.gif

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
You don't have a single asset in your entire organization that would even be close to the type of centerpiece required for Adams to even bother answering the phone call.

Trade would never happen - but if you think Suzuki + Petry + 1st/Caufield wouldn't peak some interest you're crazy.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Trade would never happen - but if you think Suzuki + Petry + 1st/Caufield wouldn't peak some interest you're crazy.

That's pretty average for a young star like Eichel.

Petry does nothing for them because of age since they won't be competing anytime soon if Eichel goes.

So it becomes Suzuki + 1st/Caufield for Eichel. That's not enough at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad