Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Wait so let me get this clear, you're suggesting that had Hall been traded in the off season devils would have made the playoffs? Hynes' system, Schneider not being able to stop a puck etc were not issues, but instead it was all Hall shitting the bed (even though he was the leading scorer in the team).

Is that what carried the team means? That everyone else sucks and were worthless?

What is disrespectful however is how some devils fans are treating Taylor Hall, like he was some cancer that dragged the devils down. I don't get the hate he gets from others either, amazing player, quiet soft spoken guy.

Last year's failures hinge entirely on John Hynes and not having a capable backup. No doubt those are the biggest reasons for the Devils not being one of the bubble teams last year.

In 2017-2018, you had Hall having a career year and absolutely carried the team, but the Devils also had a couple of rookies who had up to this point their best offensive seasons (Butcher and Hischier), a career backup goalie who had the best year of his career (Kinkaid), and Palmieri who had a typical Palmieri season while missing 20 games.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
This post screams hurt. What the hell does the bolded even mean, it’s like a very specific random excuse.

and yes absolutely destroyed if you were in the Atlantic right now.. like not even close, the quality of the teams in that division minus Ottawa and Detroit is pretty stacked. Funny you come at the leafs with chirps and such, when your team hasn’t scored an ES goal in almost 3 games (wow!).. LMAO.

Team is in last place in your division & is 4-6-2 for 10 points, leafs are 12-3-2 for 26 points..

And the second bolded part.. why are you coming at the leafs when the sabres have literally been a bad team for ages now and only get worse. Hey maybe increase Jeff skinners contract from 9 to 10 mill.

don’t throw rocks when you live in a terribly constructed Papier-mâché house.

What a joke of a post

I want blaming Covid (the bolded part) I said the sabres were ahead of the leafs and the lightning a month before Covid ended the season when their starting goalie went down to injury. Which isn’t a random excuse.

The only joke is all these leaf fans acting cocky and trying to stomp on a team that’s struggling because they’re beating Ottawa by touchdowns every second night while the sabres have had a ton of bad luck, aren’t playing games or when they are, play mostly elite teams.

not hurt, calling it like it is. Keep playing the worst teams In the league,

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
206 minutes since the Sabres last scored at 5v5. Olofsson with his usual PP goal.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It's funny how much the Hypothetical scenario of Trading Eichel if you take on skinners contract

talked about it on TSN and sportsnet.
it definitely brings out the hot takes, and is an interesting debate topic

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
I want blaming Covid (the bolded part) I said the sabres were ahead of the leafs and the lightning a month before Covid ended the season when their starting goalie went down to injury. Which isn’t a random excuse.

The only joke is all these leaf fans acting cocky and trying to stomp on a team that’s struggling because they’re beating Ottawa by touchdowns every second night while the sabres have had a ton of bad luck, aren’t playing games or when they are, play mostly elite teams.

not hurt, calling it like it is. Keep playing the worst teams In the league,

soo butthurt and so damn funny. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Leafs are 3-2 vs Ottawa this year lmao as well so.. hardly beating up on them.

sabres are a terrible hockey team and have been for some time. Doesn’t look like it’s changing anytime soon, Eichel has never made the playoffs in his entire career.. yikes.

Keep coming with whatever excuses you can come up with

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Not sure if he can carry Mitch Marne's jock strap let alone be compared to Matthews.
Nonsense. Matthews has 0 goals in 3 games against Montreal, which is the only team in the Canadian division that can play D. I still think Eichel and Matthews are even. Matthews is a better scorer, Eichel better at driving play.

Edit: 0 against Winnipeg in 1 as well. So 0 in 4 against the two only teams that can defend.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
soo butthurt and so damn funny. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Leafs are 3-2 vs Ottawa this year lmao as well so.. hardly beating up on them.

sabres are a terrible hockey team and have been for some time. Doesn’t look like it’s changing anytime soon, Eichel has never made the playoffs in his entire career.. yikes.

the definition of irony.

If the sabres are a terrible team, the how bad is your team when the sabres have the last five playoff series victories between the two and haven’t even made it for a decade! And the fact that Buffalo always kills the leafs. And mentioning how eichel has never been to the playoffs, yeah the best player in the world in no Covid shortened season has been to just one playoffs too, what’s your point?

oh Since you mentioned eichel, he is the all time leader in goals per game passing ovechkin against the maple leafs. L O L

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
It's funny how much the Hypothetical scenario of Trading Eichel if you take on skinners contract

talked about it on TSN and sportsnet.
it definitely brings out the hot takes, and is an interesting debate topic
That would be a disaster for the SAbres. Would hurt Eichel's value so bad.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Nonsense. Matthews has 0 goals in 3 games against Montreal, which is the only team in the Canadian division that can play D. I still think Eichel and Matthews are even. Matthews is a better scorer, Eichel better at driving play.

And Matthews had 47 goals last year ina different division..

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
And Matthews had 47 goals last year ina different division..
Absolutely. And Eichel had a slightly higher ppg than Matthews last year. So hence, I think they are even under fair (read normal) conditions.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
By having a lower ppg last season despite playing in a much better team with much better players?

Matthews has played so much less than Eichel their entire careers, both 5 on 5 and PP> This is the first time they are at or around the same usage.
Eichel has had the advantage. Not Matthews. Having Mike Babcock as coach only hinders you.

Reactions: Voight

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Matthews has played so much less than Eichel their entire careers, both 5 on 5 and PP> This is the first time they are at or around the same usage.
Eichel has had the advantage. Not Matthews. Having Mike Babcock as coach only hinders you.
Did he have Babcock last season? I know he had Marner to play around with not Reinhart. Tavares instead of Tage Thompson. But sure...

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Did he have Babcock last season? I know he had Marner to play around with not Reinhart. Tavares instead of Tage Thompson. But sure...
He did have Babcock a portion of last season.
I've never bought this idea Matthews is at an advantage with more talent when he played so much less than Eichel every year

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
He did have Babcock a portion of last season.
I've never bought this idea Matthews is at an advantage with more talent when he played so much less than Eichel every year
I'm pretty sure having Marner and Tavares on your PP unit is more of an advantage than playing another 30 seconds of PP per game in Eichel's surroundings. But let's agree to disagree.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
the definition of irony.

If the sabres are a terrible team, the how bad is your team when the sabres have the last five playoff series victories between the two and haven’t even made it for a decade! And the fact that Buffalo always kills the leafs. And mentioning how eichel has never been to the playoffs, yeah the best player in the world in no Covid shortened season has been to just one playoffs too, what’s your point?

oh Since you mentioned eichel, he is the all time leader in goals per game passing ovechkin against the maple leafs. L O L

Truly delusional. If you truly believe these things, then things may be worse than I thought.

Reactions: Royal Thunder

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I'm pretty sure having Marner and Tavares on your PP unit is more of an advantage than playing another 30 seconds of PP per game in Eichel's surroundings. But let's agree to disagree.

He's played 2-3 minutes more every single season and much more PP time every single year except this year..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad