Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
He caught lightning in a bottle and dragged that team in. Definitely performed way over his head, but definitely deserved the hardware!
I mean, saying that Hall has never had another year where he was as good as he was in 17-18 is a fair statement. Calling it a fluke is either a hot take, or someone doesn't know what 'fluke' means.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
He's done so much since to prove it wasn't a fluke since that fluke season.... Strong evidence you have buddy
One doesn't have an entire season as arguably the best player in the entire league amongst the best players in the world as a 'fluke'.

You could say that was his best season and some other things went his way. But calling it a fluke is just stupid and disrespectful.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
One doesn't have an entire season as arguably the best player in the entire league amongst the best players in the world as a 'fluke'.

You could say that was his best season and some other things went his way. But calling it a fluke is just stupid and disrespectful.
No one felt Hall was the best player after his Hart let alone a top 5 player in the league, no one. That season was clearly the heavy outlier in his career and he has shown zero ability to reach that level again since, this is literally the definition of a fluke just like his teammate Skinner who the Sabres also paid after a fluke season. How is that contract going...

Again, anyone that pays Hall a large figure will not only regret it but be fired because of it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Jonathan Cheechoo once won a Rocket.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Jonathan Cheechoo once won a Rocket.
Yeah, and it wasn't a fluke. In his case, it was because he was a good finisher who suddenly was playing on the same line as one of the greatest playmakers of all time. Which linemate of Hall's do you attribute his season to?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
No one felt Hall was the best player after his Hart let alone a top 5 player in the league, no one. That season was clearly the heavy outlier in his career and he has shown zero ability to reach that level again since, this is literally the definition of a fluke just like his teammate Skinner who the Sabres also paid after a fluke season. How is that contract going...

Again, anyone that pays Hall a large figure will not only regret it but be fired because of it.
Outlier and fluke are not synonyms. I also agree with you that anyone who gives Hall big money is going to regret it immensely.

I just think it's incredible disrespectful of a world class athlete to call a season in which he was voted to be the greatest in the world at what he does a 'fluke'. Call it an outlier and I have no problem.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Outlier and fluke are not synonyms. I also agree with you that anyone who gives Hall big money is going to regret it immensely.

I just think it's incredible disrespectful of a world class athlete to call a season in which he was voted to be the greatest in the world at what he does a 'fluke'. Call it an outlier and I have no problem.

I think outlier is just a more polite way to say fluke. Outlier is just a less harsh way of saying a player performed well above what you can normally expect from him.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I think outlier is just a more polite way to say fluke. Outlier is just a less harsh way of saying a player performed well above what you can normally expect from him.
Fluke means "unlikely chance occurrence".
If you or I having never thrown a basketball before, are randomly selected to throw from halfcourt for 2 million dollars and we get it. That's a fluke.

If a world class, 1st overall draft pick, star forward has a dominant 82 games and wins the Hart Trophy, it's not a fluke. It may sound like I'm being pedantic, but words matter.

I should add, I'm not a massive fan of Taylor Hall. He's a good player with flaws, fun to watch. I just dislike how dismissive and disrespectful the discourse on this website often is.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Fluke is a fish that lies there, flat, floundering, pouncing when food comes to it but never seeking that food or creating it, then gets shown off as some sort of prize when it gets huge and gets noticed.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The Sabres managed to mess this up along with Eichel and Dahlin. LOL

158280344_4027058483981065_9197405617057095941_o.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad