Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Nonsense. Matthews has 0 goals in 3 games against Montreal, which is the only team in the Canadian division that can play D. I still think Eichel and Matthews are even. Matthews is a better scorer, Eichel better at driving play.

Edit: 0 against Winnipeg in 1 as well. So 0 in 4 against the two only teams that can defend.

nah, I just read Winnipeg was on the list of bad defensive teams.

you guys need to get together and better plan this north division hate.

can't have some saying Winnipeg has good defence, and other says they don't. It's almost like.....well like you really don't know what your talking about.

nah, that can't be it.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
the definition of irony.

If the sabres are a terrible team, the how bad is your team when the sabres have the last five playoff series victories between the two and haven’t even made it for a decade! And the fact that Buffalo always kills the leafs. And mentioning how eichel has never been to the playoffs, yeah the best player in the world in no Covid shortened season has been to just one playoffs too, what’s your point?

oh Since you mentioned eichel, he is the all time leader in goals per game passing ovechkin against the maple leafs. L O L

Cringe dude, stop defending the Sabres. We are a disaster and these excuses are bordering on lunacy.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Did you read the first post I responded to you? I said without Hall and Hynes the Devils are a better team.

And personally I don’t care what he says during interviews. He’s just being political. His actions speak louder than his words. He was angry when he first got traded to NJ. He patiently waited until the year his contract was going to expire and then he let his frustrations show. How many players call out the fans of a team they like playing for?

He also signed with a team that finished one spot ahead of us in the standings.

And yes I believe the Jersey they wear is more important than the player. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up watching hockey during the Lou Lamorilo years. That was his whole philosophy.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like players after they leave though. Still root for guys like Rico and Larson. Definitely Marty in St. Louis even though I’d rather forget about that altogether. I just don’t like players who obviously didn’t like their time here. And to me that’s exactly what Hall proved.

I'm curious. How do you feel about Scott Stevens who not only refused to report to the Devils initially, he also tried to bolt back to St. Louis right after the Devils went to game 7 of the ECF and eventually winning the Cup a year later.

Reactions: Voight

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Eichel is a minus 8 in 12 games. He's been a minus player all but one season. Both Eichel and Buffalo are f***ed as long as no drastic changes are made. It just doesn't work. They haven't had a real number one goalie since Miller left.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Eichel is a minus 8 in 12 games. He's been a minus player all but one season. Both Eichel and Buffalo are f***ed as long as no drastic changes are made. It just doesn't work. They haven't had a real number one goalie since Miller left.
Its deeper than that although I will say lack of a true number 1 has hurt them. What exactly is the Sabres identity? Are they a skillful team? Possession team? Hard checking? They just seem to be a bunch of misfits trying to play hockey together. Something stinks in Buffalo real bad. Olofsson seems to be the only guy who can score for them.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I'm curious. How do you feel about Scott Stevens who not only refused to report to the Devils initially, he also tried to bolt back to St. Louis right after the Devils went to game 7 of the ECF and eventually winning the Cup a year later.

Scott Stevens wound up loving New Jersey and he remains one of my favorite players to this day. I was initially turned off by him refusing to move to New Jersey, especially after losing Shanahan because of them, but it all worked out in the end.

He ended up being one of the greatest Devils of all time and finished his career with us so I don’t see how is comparable at all.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Its deeper than that although I will say lack of a true number 1 has hurt them. What exactly is the Sabres identity? Are they a skillful team? Possession team? Hard checking? They just seem to be a bunch of misfits trying to play hockey together. Something stinks in Buffalo real bad. Olofsson seems to be the only guy who can score for them.

Soft forwards, average defense at best and no number one goalie. That's how you miss the playoffs 10 seasons in a row.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Matthews is tho.. And that was my original point. :)

Before the start of the year I'd have taken Eichel over Matthews. With Eichel being injured and Matthews taking another step forward, I'm not so sure. Either way it's close.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Really? Why though. I said earlier Eichel is good and all but Matthews is something else. Eichel needs a Marner thats what he needs.

Everything that Matthews gets credit for becoming is what Eichel gas been. Matthews without his shot is a worse player than Eichel, which isn't to knock Matthews at all because he's got the best wrister in hockey right now.

Eichel gets underrated. If Eichel had team support he'd be top 5 players in the league. There's a reason Skinner hit 40 (bad example I know), and Reinhart had a 65 pt season. Eichel turn mediocre into magic. Few players have that ability.

If their shots were equal, Eichel would be the better player easily.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
1) Eichel does look off and I don’t get it.
2) Starting to worry- why do all of Hall’s teams lose? Does he require a shit system of something?
3) I’m still gonna watch with hope- until Eich says he’s done we continue on. If it ends up a lost season we can deal Hall and Staal at the deadline, hopefully the parts coming back would be enough to not suck next year. Or something.

Hall has been on Edmonton, NJ, Arizona and now Buffalo that's why he loses

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Cringe dude, stop defending the Sabres. We are a disaster and these excuses are bordering on lunacy.

what on earth are you talking about? How is that defending the sabres, I just mentioned that if they’re a terrible franchise then how much worse are the leafs for the reasons I listed in that’s post. That’s defending them. And cringe to boot?

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Truly delusional. If you truly believe these things, then things may be worse than I thought.

Believe what....facts? I just stated franchise facts how is that delusional?

seriously get a grip. I never said the leafs were worse this season I just meant their franchise as a whole the last quarter century, where it matters most the playoffs, the leafs never win, and the sabres have won four playoff series and have competed in seven others since the leafs last won a series. And Buffalo hands Toronto losses like it’s going out of style. How are any of these FACTS delusional? Because Toronto keeps beating the sens and has a great regular season record? Cool.

also I called the guys post ironic because he said how butthurt (or whatever other lame term) I was for throwing franchise insults yet the guy did the same to me. In his entire post. Bashing eichel and the sabres. It was ironic. And again I posted nothing but facts.

Yet because this thread is swarmed with leaf fans as they enjoy their touchdown victories over the worst team in the league while Buffalo has played three games in three weeks against good teams (so they can kick you while you’re down) doesent change any of these facts.

I deal with facts. Not options.

Get used it.

Last edited:

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Believe what....facts? I just stated franchise facts how is that delusional?

seriously get a grip. I never said the leafs were worse this season I just meant their franchise as a whole the last quarter century, where it matters most the playoffs, the leafs never win, and the sabres have won four playoff series and have competed in seven others since the leafs last won a series. And Buffalo hands Toronto losses like it’s going out of style. How are any of these FACTS delusional? Because Toronto keeps beating the sens and has a great regular season record? Cool.

also I called the guys post ironic because he said how butthurt (or whatever other lame term) I was for throwing franchise insults yet the guy did the same to me. In his entire post. Bashing eichel and the sabres. It was ironic. And again I posted nothing but facts.

Yet because this thread is swarmed with leaf fans as they enjoy their touchdown victories over the worst team in the league while Buffalo has played three games in three weeks against good teams (so they can kick you while you’re down) doesent change any of these facts.

I deal with facts. Not options.

Get used it.

This is like debating which is worse, losing your both legs or your both arms. It sucks either way.

Buffalo sucks and has sucked for the last decade. Toronto has nothing to do with it. Right now (which is what matters the most) Toronto is a good team while Buffalo is yet again awful. It is what it is.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah sad to see the sabres dynasty come to an end after the Hall signing...

Or maybe he just happens to play in shitty teams? He pretty much single handedly lead a devils team (that had no business being in the playoffs and had struggled for years) into the playoffs and won a well deserved hart trophy for that.

Since when is "dragging a team" into the PO a miraculous feat in the NHL? Essentially 50% of the teams in the league qualify, BFD.

A #1 overall pick had a career outlier year again
BFD. Guy has little leadership ability.

Reactions: razor8 and Voight

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Who will GM Jack trade/fire next?????

youve made this joke at least a few times every year and are borderline obsessed with everything anti-eichel. Sabres play only three games in three weeks, lose them all, leafs plAy the senators literally every day, win most of them outside blowing a 5-1 lead. This must be like Xmas for you. Hope posts like this are the cherry on your sundae.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
youve made this joke at least a few times every year and are borderline obsessed with everything anti-eichel. Sabres play only three games in three weeks, lose them all, leafs plAy the senators literally every day, win most of them outside blowing a 5-1 lead. This must be like Xmas for you. Hope posts like this are the cherry on your sundae.

It's low hanging fruit all right, but it's still funny. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad