Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
To think that there are people who think Eichel is better than Barkov makes me laugh
He is. A rough start to a year when he had no training camp and an unplanned 2-week interruption doesn't change that. Doesn't make Barkov a bad player - I'm not sure why this even brings that to mind.

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
He is. A rough start to a year when he had no training camp and an unplanned 2-week interruption doesn't change that. Doesn't make Barkov a bad player - I'm not sure why this even brings that to mind.
Because Barkov had a training camp and a steady schedule to start the season? Your argument makes no sense.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Edmonton jumped 31 points, went from last to 2nd and won a playoff round right after Hall left. Arizona had a worse record after acquiring him last year. They now sit in playoff position.

I'm by no means blaming Hall. To me, I think it's just bad luck. But who really knows?

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Yes I am saying that the Devils could have made the playoffs if they had traded Hall in the offseason and fired Hynes sooner. Maybe a different coach would have put Blackwood in over Schneider much earlier.

Oh so now it’s Hynes and goaltending, originally it was just about Hall.

Hall didn’t like playing in NJ, never wanted to be here, and obviously didn’t like the fans. Why do you like him so much?

That’s not true, there’s interviews where he says he likes it in Jersey and that the devils fans chanting mvp was his career high point. The only criticism he ever had was when the fans were booing the team. It’s not that I specifically like Hall more than other former devils players, he just seems like an easy target for everyone to gang up on like highschool bullies or something. I’d also like people to respect the players more, especially former players (unless they give a reason for it..). Fans seem to have that f*** everyone who doesn’t wear our jersey mentallity. Reminds me of that old Seinfeld bit how we really just cheer for the clothes.

Reactions: DrewNaughty

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
As bad as they have been (again) I don’t think you throw in the towel until Eichel asks to get out. Even when tanking it would be difficult to add another player like him because of the three team lottery. Lucky for them they have a lot of players on expiring deals and a shocking amount of cap space this offseason (35M). That gives them a lot of room to find

1 starting goalie (Anderson, Rask, Binnington)
3 defenceman (Murray, Savard, Oleksiak, Vatanen)
1 two way centre (Danault, RNH)
And some forward depth to push guys like Eakin, Okposo, Thompson down the depth chart

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Residual Karma for Murray’s shameful tank in 2015...or 2016, as well as hoping for a Tavares injury so they could get better draft position from the 1st rounder they got from the Vanek/Moulson trade.

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
At what point does Buffalo decide there's an overall problem with their culture and blow everything up and start over?

How else do they fix these never ending issues? Nothing seems to work for them no matter who they sign...
It's not 27 million for three goals unless that's their season total. What's 27 million prorated to one month?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Like many I thought they would progress a lot this season. The long period with no games for them maybe a bigger issue than other teams? Goaltending? Really is a surprise they aren't doing better. One has to wonder if things would be back to normal and they were in the normal division if they would be better off.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It's not 27 million for three goals unless that's their season total. What's 27 million prorated to one month?

Buffalo has played 12 games out of 56 = 21.428% of the season.

21.428% of $27 million = $5.785 million

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Oh so now it’s Hynes and goaltending, originally it was just about Hall.

That’s not true, there’s interviews where he says he likes it in Jersey and that the devils fans chanting mvp was his career high point. The only criticism he ever had was when the fans were booing the team. It’s not that I specifically like Hall more than other former devils players, he just seems like an easy target for everyone to gang up on like highschool bullies or something. I’d also like people to respect the players more, especially former players (unless they give a reason for it..). Fans seem to have that f*** everyone who doesn’t wear our jersey mentallity. Reminds me of that old Seinfeld bit how we really just cheer for the clothes.

Did you read the first post I responded to you? I said without Hall and Hynes the Devils are a better team.

And personally I don’t care what he says during interviews. He’s just being political. His actions speak louder than his words. He was angry when he first got traded to NJ. He patiently waited until the year his contract was going to expire and then he let his frustrations show. How many players call out the fans of a team they like playing for?

He also signed with a team that finished one spot ahead of us in the standings.

And yes I believe the Jersey they wear is more important than the player. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up watching hockey during the Lou Lamorilo years. That was his whole philosophy.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like players after they leave though. Still root for guys like Rico and Larson. Definitely Marty in St. Louis even though I’d rather forget about that altogether. I just don’t like players who obviously didn’t like their time here. And to me that’s exactly what Hall proved.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
F*&^ing embarrassing!
giphy.gif

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Told everyone they sucked and hall wouldn’t make any difference. Was laughed at and called a joke by sabres fans.. well look who’s laughing now.

Dahlin is super overrated too along with Eichel.
Terrible core, terrible management, terrible coach = terrible team

So by using your logic of "all Sabres fans are idiots because some Sabres fans thought the team would be amazing", does this mean that "all Leafs fans are dicks because Lahey is"?

Reactions: TB12

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Dude you quite clearly understood the point. For $27M in cap they scored 3 goals in a combined 35 games. Jason Spezza has matched that in ONE game for $700K.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Props to Curtis Lazar for reviving his career in Buffalo though.
Always a super likeable guy.

Buffalo can't escape badness for some reason.

With Eichel and Dahlin, you feel they should have cornerstones. Now, having a Dman at 20 might be part of the issue, he's still years away from his prime. People forget Vic Hedman was a 20-30 point defender for the first 5 years of his career too. Dunno. Maybe some cosmic justice for the blatant tanking years back?

At least the bills are good <shrug>

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
1) Eichel does look off and I don’t get it.
2) Starting to worry- why do all of Hall’s teams lose? Does he require a shit system of something?
3) I’m still gonna watch with hope- until Eich says he’s done we continue on. If it ends up a lost season we can deal Hall and Staal at the deadline, hopefully the parts coming back would be enough to not suck next year. Or something.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Props to Curtis Lazar for reviving his career in Buffalo though.
Always a super likeable guy.

Buffalo can't escape badness for some reason.

With Eichel and Dahlin, you feel they should have cornerstones. Now, having a Dman at 20 might be part of the issue, he's still years away from his prime. People forget Vic Hedman was a 20-30 point defender for the first 5 years of his career too. Dunno. Maybe some cosmic justice for the blatant tanking years back?

At least the bills are good <shrug>

Although I agree with what you said 100% Hedman was never considered "Generational" this is what does Dahlin in a bit. His standard was supposed to be Denis Potvin at least and was touted as the best D prospect of our generation.

1st year I can understand but with his hype, and 3rd year of playing he should be winning the Norris.

Again, I am only saying this in comparison to what his draft hype was coming in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad