Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Everything that Matthews gets credit for becoming is what Eichel gas been. Matthews without his shot is a worse player than Eichel, which isn't to knock Matthews at all because he's got the best wrister in hockey right now.

Eichel gets underrated. If Eichel had team support he'd be top 5 players in the league. There's a reason Skinner hit 40 (bad example I know), and Reinhart had a 65 pt season. Eichel turn mediocre into magic. Few players have that ability.

If their shots were equal, Eichel would be the better player easily.
Sorry what? The lengths sabres fans will go to..

Matthews is a pretty superior player overall, and hey let’s take away ovy’s shot too and Eichel is the better player.. that’s how it works right?

Last edited:

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Believe what....facts? I just stated franchise facts how is that delusional?

seriously get a grip. I never said the leafs were worse this season I just meant their franchise as a whole the last quarter century, where it matters most the playoffs, the leafs never win, and the sabres have won four playoff series and have competed in seven others since the leafs last won a series. And Buffalo hands Toronto losses like it’s going out of style. How are any of these FACTS delusional? Because Toronto keeps beating the sens and has a great regular season record? Cool.

also I called the guys post ironic because he said how butthurt (or whatever other lame term) I was for throwing franchise insults yet the guy did the same to me. In his entire post. Bashing eichel and the sabres. It was ironic. And again I posted nothing but facts.

Yet because this thread is swarmed with leaf fans as they enjoy their touchdown victories over the worst team in the league while Buffalo has played three games in three weeks against good teams (so they can kick you while you’re down) doesent change any of these facts.

I deal with facts. Not options.

Get used it.

oh the irony in that bolded part.

Hahaha man thanks for the morning laugh.

It truly is funny. you can talk about leafs not advancing past first round, etc all you want. Sabres haven’t made the playoffs in 10 years, and are a literal joke of a franchise. I see that’s rubbed off on you too. Why do you keep talking about Toronto beating up on the Sens? They are literally 3-2 on the year Vs them. But hey I guess when your team is bad for so long, you make things up to fit your argument..

You have such a hatred for the Leafs and their fans.. we get it. But you say you use facts right? I would say you have little to no facts in your favour right now..

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
youve made this joke at least a few times every year and are borderline obsessed with everything anti-eichel. Sabres play only three games in three weeks, lose them all, leafs plAy the senators literally every day, win most of them outside blowing a 5-1 lead. This must be like Xmas for you. Hope posts like this are the cherry on your sundae.
Who hurt you? Again with the made up argument about Ottawa. Leafs are 3-2 vs them this year lmao

Reactions: Voight

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
On top of these contracts and the lack of production, the Sabres received more bad news this morning.
Risto publicly addressed the covid situation. If true, a totally preventable tragedy as the NHL knew of the New Jersey infection situation before the Sabres/Devils back to backs and did nothing to protect the Sabres players.

"THE TIMING COULD HAVE NOT BEEN WORSE. Rasmus Ristolainen, the Finnish star of Buffalo Sabers, who will play in the NHL for the eighth season, played hockey for the rest of his life at the end of January. After a long break, my own game slipped better than ever and the enjoyment of the sport was at its peak again, but everything stopped like a brick wall in early February. On February 2, Ristolainen's name appeared on the NHL's corona quarantine list. Ristolainen, 26, was one of the Sabers players diagnosed with a coronavirus infection. A torturous recovery period began, during which the Turku defender has occasionally visited the deep waters. - Yes, there have been all the possible symptoms. Sometimes there have been harsh conditions, but we are alive. What I've been talking with others around the league, anyone has not had the same conditions as I have because of this, Ristolainen says Ilta-Sanomat. - When the oxygen levels were measured from the finger, they had dropped quite badly. Anyway, he got tired all the time as soon as he did something. After a couple of days, the coronary symptoms had already gotten better, and I thought I was starting to get better from this, but after that came more chest pains and other symptoms.
Ristolainen was subjected to new examinations due to chest and heart pain. - Sometimes there were quite disturbed states of being. When there was chest pain, it felt like my heart was cracking as I walked up the stairs. A couple of evenings there were such conditions when I went to bed that I didn’t know if I woke up here anymore in the morning. That's when he thought that hopefully this wasn't here now, Ristolainen describes. The WHOLE SABRES team was quarantined in early February. The team returned to action on February 14, but without their number one defender. Ristolainen last played on January 31 against the New Jersey Devils. Prior to the Devils matches, the Sabers organization asked the NHL for more information on the health status of the Devils players, but the league refused to share the information further. At worst, more than half of the Devils players were on the quarantine list. - It's a pointless infection in the sense that the New Jersey team had infections before those games, but we were still put to play, Ristolainen says. Ristolainen does not want to anoint his situation, but admits that the timing is particularly difficult. After a year's break, it initially took a while to get fit, but after that Ristolainen got an excellent shot and shone as his team's number one defender. - If ever it comes corona, so of course it comes to such a stage, when I'm done with Momentum. There was a feeling that exactly whatever evening or match it was, it worked, there was a good feeling to play and there was a feeling that you can’t fail. That's what a hockey player always strives for. - I played against New Jersey in both games for 27 minutes and the playing felt good and I wasn’t tired at all and now it’s in this mess. When I return at some point, the early season and that momentum is no longer of any use at that point. In that sense, you have to start from a clean slate again, says Ristolainen.
NOW the worst coronary symptoms are behind us. Ristolainen went to the ice for the first time on Thursday to take a feel. - Now the situation is quite good. I got a clean bill of health from doctors, but I'm physically at the moment so weak that this is still a long way to get to playing condition. Little by little the built in game condition, but I still do not know when I'm back askissa. Ristolainen wants to use his own example to say that the coronavirus must be taken seriously. At its worst, it can hit a young, top-notch athlete in canvas for weeks, as happened to Ristolainen. - I have a whole league to get a fit and lifestyles are the last on the right, but still this disease can strike and wreck everything. People have asked about the return schedule a bit in the style that it was as if I had some flu. You don't have to play here for a moment now. This is a pretty serious disease, Ristolainen says. - The after-symptoms of Korona include getting tired all the time. Right now, I just sleep most of the time. I go to bed at eight in the evenings. After a 12-hour night’s sleep, I feel like I have slept for five minutes. I go to the hall during the day to sweat and come home to sleep. Not quite an ideal situation, but it doesn't help. Ristolainen does not dare to paint the exact return schedule yet. - If all goes well, you could probably think about returning somewhere next week, but let's look at it now. The team is currently on a guest trip. Now, it’s really a great situation for everyone to get into training and realize how bad the condition is right now. There is enough to do, Ristolainen announces."

The Sabres are facing a really tough situation overall.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Matthews is a pretty superior player overall, and hey let’s take away ovy’s shot too and Eichel is the better player.. that’s how it works right?

Not a Sabres fan, doubt they actually exist. I've been mocking then for a good number of years.

The post I replied to said something about Matthews being a complete player, my reply makes sense in that context not in the stripped context you are using. Eichel is the better all-round player (injuries this year excluded). Matthews took his game to another level and has an asset Eichel doesn't. Before this year I'd have said that Matthews shot wasn't enough to overcome the gap in the rest of their games, now I'm not so sure. Eichel has assets Matthews doesn't have for sure, Eichel makes mediocre players look amazing in a way the Matthews just doesn't (which isn't a knock on Matthews, he's got the best finish in the league right so he doesn't need to be that type of player).

If Eichel played with a 100pt linemate, he'd be recognized as a top 5 centre in the league for sure.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
On top of these contracts and the lack of production, the Sabres received more bad news this morning.
Risto publicly addressed the covid situation. If true, a totally preventable tragedy as the NHL knew of the New Jersey infection situation before the Sabres/Devils back to backs and did nothing to protect the Sabres players.

"THE TIMING COULD HAVE NOT BEEN WORSE. Rasmus Ristolainen, the Finnish star of Buffalo Sabers, who will play in the NHL for the eighth season, played hockey for the rest of his life at the end of January. After a long break, my own game slipped better than ever and the enjoyment of the sport was at its peak again, but everything stopped like a brick wall in early February. On February 2, Ristolainen's name appeared on the NHL's corona quarantine list. Ristolainen, 26, was one of the Sabers players diagnosed with a coronavirus infection. A torturous recovery period began, during which the Turku defender has occasionally visited the deep waters. - Yes, there have been all the possible symptoms. Sometimes there have been harsh conditions, but we are alive. What I've been talking with others around the league, anyone has not had the same conditions as I have because of this, Ristolainen says Ilta-Sanomat. - When the oxygen levels were measured from the finger, they had dropped quite badly. Anyway, he got tired all the time as soon as he did something. After a couple of days, the coronary symptoms had already gotten better, and I thought I was starting to get better from this, but after that came more chest pains and other symptoms.
Ristolainen was subjected to new examinations due to chest and heart pain. - Sometimes there were quite disturbed states of being. When there was chest pain, it felt like my heart was cracking as I walked up the stairs. A couple of evenings there were such conditions when I went to bed that I didn’t know if I woke up here anymore in the morning. That's when he thought that hopefully this wasn't here now, Ristolainen describes. The WHOLE SABRES team was quarantined in early February. The team returned to action on February 14, but without their number one defender. Ristolainen last played on January 31 against the New Jersey Devils. Prior to the Devils matches, the Sabers organization asked the NHL for more information on the health status of the Devils players, but the league refused to share the information further. At worst, more than half of the Devils players were on the quarantine list. - It's a pointless infection in the sense that the New Jersey team had infections before those games, but we were still put to play, Ristolainen says. Ristolainen does not want to anoint his situation, but admits that the timing is particularly difficult. After a year's break, it initially took a while to get fit, but after that Ristolainen got an excellent shot and shone as his team's number one defender. - If ever it comes corona, so of course it comes to such a stage, when I'm done with Momentum. There was a feeling that exactly whatever evening or match it was, it worked, there was a good feeling to play and there was a feeling that you can’t fail. That's what a hockey player always strives for. - I played against New Jersey in both games for 27 minutes and the playing felt good and I wasn’t tired at all and now it’s in this mess. When I return at some point, the early season and that momentum is no longer of any use at that point. In that sense, you have to start from a clean slate again, says Ristolainen.
NOW the worst coronary symptoms are behind us. Ristolainen went to the ice for the first time on Thursday to take a feel. - Now the situation is quite good. I got a clean bill of health from doctors, but I'm physically at the moment so weak that this is still a long way to get to playing condition. Little by little the built in game condition, but I still do not know when I'm back askissa. Ristolainen wants to use his own example to say that the coronavirus must be taken seriously. At its worst, it can hit a young, top-notch athlete in canvas for weeks, as happened to Ristolainen. - I have a whole league to get a fit and lifestyles are the last on the right, but still this disease can strike and wreck everything. People have asked about the return schedule a bit in the style that it was as if I had some flu. You don't have to play here for a moment now. This is a pretty serious disease, Ristolainen says. - The after-symptoms of Korona include getting tired all the time. Right now, I just sleep most of the time. I go to bed at eight in the evenings. After a 12-hour night’s sleep, I feel like I have slept for five minutes. I go to the hall during the day to sweat and come home to sleep. Not quite an ideal situation, but it doesn't help. Ristolainen does not dare to paint the exact return schedule yet. - If all goes well, you could probably think about returning somewhere next week, but let's look at it now. The team is currently on a guest trip. Now, it’s really a great situation for everyone to get into training and realize how bad the condition is right now. There is enough to do, Ristolainen announces."

The Sabres are facing a really tough situation overall.

Really sucks to hear, and hope he makes a full recovery soon in terms of getting his strength back. Sounds like he was in really bad shape. He was always a pain in the Caps side, great player. And it's a shame that the whole Devils/Sabres fiasco was allowed to happen.

Reactions: nofehr and Yatzhee

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Hall is a good player but seriously what is going on with whatever team he goes to, they nosedive hard.

It is un-friggin-believable to see every time.

I get it that it is most likely a very bizzare coincidence but it is actually getting quite weird to continually see
It is weird. When the Coyotes traded for him they were like 8 games above .500 and as soon as he started play, they went straight into the ground. But, it really wasn’t him. He was one of our best players, it made no sense.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Haven’t watched sabres a lot this season as I can only handle so much dumpster fire with NYR. But in limited viewing I think Hall is trying to do too much, and overall team defense is crippling. A bad team can impact your top players.

skinner - no clue. Just one of those terribad signings.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
oh the irony in that bolded part.

Hahaha man thanks for the morning laugh.

It truly is funny. you can talk about leafs not advancing past first round, etc all you want. Sabres haven’t made the playoffs in 10 years, and are a literal joke of a franchise. I see that’s rubbed off on you too. Why do you keep talking about Toronto beating up on the Sens? They are literally 3-2 on the year Vs them. But hey I guess when your team is bad for so long, you make things up to fit your argument..

You have such a hatred for the Leafs and their fans.. we get it. But you say you use facts right? I would say you have little to no facts in your favour right now..
You’re way too angry over a children’s game that millionaires play

Reactions: razor8

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Really? Why though. I said earlier Eichel is good and all but Matthews is something else. Eichel needs a Marner thats what he needs.
Not counting this season's stats yet in the below discussion, as Eichel is ice cold this season and Matthews is volcano hot, but if this seasons performance does turn out to be their new normal for production then Matthews obviously is the better player. I'd rather look at their careers pre 2021 for a more accurate take than this bizarre season and its small sample size.

Matthews has scored on average 4 points more per season than Eichel over the course of their careers pre 2021.

Now imagine if you could go back in time and have them swap places. Do you think a Tornoto Maples Leafs Jack Eichel gets outscored by a Buffalo Sabres Auston Matthews by an average of 4 points per season for their careers up to this point?

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
You’re insanely smug and condescending and are taking this shit way too seriously imo

You do have a point. Grown men (me included) bicker about which millionaire hockey player is better than another millionaire hockey player or which team worth hundreds of millions is better than another. I mean it's all about a puck. Grown men on the ice punch each other in the face over a frigging puck. Now that's funny when you stop and think about it.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Everything that Matthews gets credit for becoming is what Eichel gas been. Matthews without his shot is a worse player than Eichel, which isn't to knock Matthews at all because he's got the best wrister in hockey right now.

Eichel gets underrated. If Eichel had team support he'd be top 5 players in the league. There's a reason Skinner hit 40 (bad example I know), and Reinhart had a 65 pt season. Eichel turn mediocre into magic. Few players have that ability.

If their shots were equal, Eichel would be the better player easily.
Lol

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

Just Linda is not Sabres fan.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
what on earth are you talking about? How is that defending the sabres, I just mentioned that if they’re a terrible franchise then how much worse are the leafs for the reasons I listed in that’s post. That’s defending them. And cringe to boot?
The Leafs are first place in the NHL

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
youve made this joke at least a few times every year and are borderline obsessed with everything anti-eichel. Sabres play only three games in three weeks, lose them all, leafs plAy the senators literally every day, win most of them outside blowing a 5-1 lead. This must be like Xmas for you. Hope posts like this are the cherry on your sundae.

“Through their 13 games, Buffalo has scored just 15 5 v 5 goals. Meanwhile, over in Toronto, Auston Matthews has 16 total including 12 at 5 on 5. He’s played four more games but still, that’s a darn eye-opening stat if we’ve ever seen one.”

LOOOL

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Scott Stevens wound up loving New Jersey and he remains one of my favorite players to this day. I was initially turned off by him refusing to move to New Jersey, especially after losing Shanahan because of them, but it all worked out in the end.

He ended up being one of the greatest Devils of all time and finished his career with us so I don’t see how is comparable at all.

He's comparable because he didn't want to play in NJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->