Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Karjala Cup • Nov. 2-8 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Any Finn fans help me understand their team? Eg. young guns, contenders for the WHC?

Czech team is a combo of vets and kids. Today's team is very experimental.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would just add a few words. It is a few years when the Russian Hockey Federation started to implement the new (upgraded) development model. Their philosophy is to give their youth as much opportunities at international level as possible. Now they are just doing it. Nothing wrong with it. They will keep doing it even though Swedes, Finns & others will complain. Btw, these nations can do the same.

Why do those "NHL lovers from Europe" always complain when Russian hockey is doing something? Russia decided to implement new transfer rules with U23 players moving abroad. And who has complained? A Swede! Because this Russian policy is against human rights & other stuff. Why does a Swede care & even comment on the internal matter of Russia? The same with that team, it is up to Russia to decide who is going to any international event.
When I was younger I used to love my Czechs and view everyone else as the enemy and hate them all. Now I genuinely love watching all the teams and observing what they do. I love what Russia is doing... especially with the goaltending. Need to create more high end C's and D's though.

Reactions: vorky

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The Czechs are sending a much weaker squad in this match.
Still pretty much all the top players in the lineup.

Finnish roster is pretty much just a random bunch of names. It's probably best they could have gotten at this point but none of those guys will ever get even close to the WC roster. Maaaaybe Rindell and Saarela. But generally, this is a C-grade roster that serves no real purpose. As I said earlier, even getting to the level of solid KHL imports would be a dream career scenario to most of those guys.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Any Finn fans help me understand their team? Eg. young guns, contenders for the WHC?

Czech team is a combo of vets and kids. Today's team is very experimental.

There's no contenders in this Finland's EHT roster who might have chances to IIHF worlds.
so don't hold your breath to wait see any of these guys playing in Finland's WHC team next spring.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Still pretty much all the top players in the lineup.

Finnish roster is pretty much just a random bunch of names. It's probably best they could have gotten at this point but none of those guys will ever get even close to the WC roster. Maaaaybe Rindell and Saarela. But generally, this is a C-grade roster that serves no real purpose. As I said earlier, even getting to the level of solid KHL imports would be a dream career scenario to most of those guys.
upload_2020-11-7_11-13-57.png

I don't know if I'd say our 'top players'.... there are a lot of guys here that would never see the World Championships roster. I do see your point though, some guys that have been to the NHL for a cup of coffee and some of our top prospects (Galvas, Novak, Pytlik - although none of them are a sure thing to make the NHL).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There's no contenders in this Finland's EHT roster who might have chances to IIHF worlds.
so don't hold your breath to wait see any of these guys playing in Finland's WHC team next spring.
Finland is so deep in talent... I'm surprised they didn't send a stronger squad here.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You're not only with that outcome.
But it is now what it is thanks to Covid19 pandemic.
I just figured it's in Finland... I was expecting to see JP maybe. or toss Brad Lambert out there! Talk about a great tourney for a wonderkid to get his debut. Or any number of your awesome U20 players.

I think the Czechs overdid it and should've done the same personally... I like the Russian's idea tbh.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, on this team, obviously. Hronek, Mozik, Jerabek, Galvas, Nestrasil, Zohornas. All still there. Any one of them would be pretty much the best player on the Finnish team.
Hronek should've been left home... I'm hoping it was just to show our young D how to be a pro.

Zohorna's are growing on me.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Awesome Hracovina save. I was a bit surprised they played him.. he pissed off a lot of people with his views on Czechs and Covid.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ordos is everywhere tonight! If he could finish he might be a notch higher in the hockey world.. he seems great at getting open and such.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Again... Not much of a hockey period. Good opportunity to give our kids more ice time and see if they don't blow the lead and can add to it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Finn's looking good! Lots of pressure now.

Against Russia... Czechs should play every single U20 player they brought... Parik I'm net. Kubicek, pytlik, raska, mysak, svozil, jiricek... If you are under 20... You should play tomorrow.

Reactions: lilidk

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I just figured it's in Finland... I was expecting to see JP maybe. or toss Brad Lambert out there! Talk about a great tourney for a wonderkid to get his debut. Or any number of your awesome U20 players.

I think the Czechs overdid it and should've done the same personally... I like the Russian's idea tbh.

If NHL will have their season 2020-2021 Finland won't get NHL players to IIHF worlds.
Even those Finnish NHL players ( Puljujärvi, Välimäki etc ) who are now playing in SM liiga
won't participate to IIHF worlds if / when NHL starts
but if NHL cancel their season then it is another story.

What comes to Brad Lambert his debut in Finnish men's national team
will not happen this season Lambert is only 16 yrs old and he's very raw of his physicality
so he's not ready yet to play men's national team.

Lambert's main tournament this season is U18 WJC's in USA next April
( if IIHF won't cancel that tournament.)

And being honest i'm not sure at all is there IIHF worlds next spring at all.
Political situation in Belarus is still unstabile and covid19 is threat all the time.
So i'm 99,99% percent sure of that at some point next year IIHF will cancel 2021 IIHF worlds.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also talking about Pulju, Karpat played 2 Liiga games during this tournament so they were the team with most to lose by letting their guys go.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Next tournament, next month, Channel One Cup in Russia. I think KHLers will play for all teams since its in Russia. I dont think SHL and Liiga will release again this close. Should be 4 teams full with KHLers. The quality will be higher.

Reidenborn
Lindback

Pilut / Loov
Dahlbeck / Bengtsson
Djuse / Svedberg
Hultstrom / Pudas

Tedenby / Norman / Petersson
Lilja / Lindberg / Aberg
Paajarvi / Lander / Kempe
Nilsson / Johansson / Stromvall
J.Berglund, Videll

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Hard to believe Askarov's 18. The kid is a beast if he didn't have a shaky WJC last year I bet he'd have gone higher than he did.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
Russian players are more skilled individually than Czech players but the Czechs are more physically matured and probably stronger. Askarov kept Russia in the lead with his great play.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
What I like about this Russian team is their composure with the puck. The way they can keep possession of the puck even under pressure. They also keep passing the puck back to their own end instead of just dumping it or giving it away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00